Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 29, 2014
Contract does nor start until the manufacture's warranty runs out. So you are not buying a 5 year warranty, but extending the warranty to five years. The contract states when repairing, they can use any part that meets the manufacturer's specifications. That means, refurbished or after market parts and not parts manufactured by the product's manufacturer. In addition and although not specifically worded in the contract this way, any costs of repairs will be deducted from your initial purchase price, which means if a second repair is needed and they cannot fix they will reimburse you by check or gift certificate the amount of your purchase price less their outlay cost of any previous repairs. Further, if additional repairs are needed, once the total costs added together equals your purchase price, their obligation is over. Coverage does not include burn in, which is when the screen develops an image and does not cover any burns in the pixels, which if this happens will leave a brow or dark spot on the screen. If they cannot fix it on the first call, they have the option to replace the product with any product by any other manufacturer that has the same features and not the product from the manufacturer you selected to buy from initially. Finally, if they replace the product, you are responsible for mailing the defective product back to where they tell you to at your cost.
240 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on March 19, 2017
I purchased a 55" Panasonic Flat Screen TV in 2015 and purchased an extra 5 year Warranty with Square Trade for a whopping $111.50 just to have a piece of mind in case anything ever went wrong with my TV. I just found out that Square Trade will not honor their Warranty. I purchased the extra Warranty with Square Trade because I heard they were reliable and trust-worthy. As I recently found out though, Square Trade is NOT trust-worthy or reliable. They took my money and then disregarded my claim when I submitted it. Stating "We can not warranty this item if it was defective after shipping" I never said this item was defective from shipping, I said I never noticed the problem until late Nov early Dec 2016.
16 people found this helpful
on July 20, 2015
Called 14 times, several times on hold for over an hour, then they hung up. Every time you have to call main number and go over the entire claim again, although the claim had been approved 1 week ago. Then you have to hold for 1 hour for the TV department, or sit by the phone so you don't miss their call back. Now they gave me another number of a repairshop 80 miles from my home, (since it's an 80" tv, somebody has to come out for the repair) left several messages, no call back from the repair shop....now I am back to square one....on hold again.
8 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on April 4, 2017
So I purchased this warranty and provided all the proper documentation to activate the coverage on my 70" TV with accidental coverage. 15 months later the board in the TV is faulty. I contacted ST to file a claim. They now say that because I purchased the ST warranty from a different retailer than the TV they will not cover. Even though one of their staff accepted the documentation to satisfy the warranty and activate the coverage. They are now offering to refund the money for the plan but not repair the TV.
3 people found this helpful
on March 23, 2014
This is an extended Warranty purchase, that was bought at the same time as the actual item, There is no coordination between Amazaon and SquareTrade about the "order"; which specific item was purchased, price, Amazon order number etc., Specifically no info on what this extended coverage is applicable to, even though the extended warranty was purchased together with the item. Amazon "pops" up the option to buy the coverage along with the item, but it is listed as a separate purchase. That would have been ok if Amazon and Squaretrade coordinated & synch'ed up on the specific item purchased. Square trade sends a "contract" with no information on what is covered. I had to call Square Trade, who required me to send them (email) the pdf copy of the Amazon order as proof of purchase, delivery / shipment information and also provide the description of the item and serial number etc. I can understand they not having the last part but, the "purchase order" info and ship / delivery info must minimally be directly communicated by / obtained from Amazon. They automatically list the coverage date as order date + a couple of days, even though the item I ordered was back-ordered and did not ship for 3 weeks after purchase. When I called Square Trade their attitude was it is your responsibility to call us and convey the information, if you want the coverage. Also, the contract sent is a "generic" boiler-plate one. Does not conta8in their "contract #", which is required if you need to approach them for coverage. Even after I mailed "proof of Amazon Purchase", they did not send me the Contract that identifies the item of purchase covered and their contract number. The customer support is not consistently good. I called about 5 times total to resolve issues with my different order from Amazon. A couple of the folks are extremely cooperative. Others are very rude. Some misleading. When you buy the coverage (in my case a Large TV), they boast "in home" coverage for TVs larger than 35 in screen, but they hide the fact that only hardware issues are covered, and not software or firmware issues. That important "exclusion" detail comes in the contract emailed later. They also don't proactively tell you, you need to mail /email them the Amazon order "proof", to be eligible for the coverage. If you would ever need the coverage, they will not cover until you mail them the "proof of purchase". If I bought a 5 year extended warranty and I need the coverage in the 5th year, if I did not know I needed to send them the "proof of purchase"from Amazon, I would need to scramble after 5 years to did-up he Amazon order info, proof of shipment / delivery etc. Why can't this be obtained from Amazon when the square-trade coverage was purchased, as an integral part of purchasing the actual item from Amazon. That information should include make and model of the item along with the purchase price, date etc. Also, why doesn't square trade proactively seek all the required information from the purchaser of the item, instead of waiting for the purchaser to "discover", he/she needs to provide some critical information to square trade for the coverage to be valid. Seems like finding anyway possible to deny a coverage later on. At least that is impression I get, as they don't include the contract # and other critical information in the actual contract. So,when I need the coverage I have no solid "proof" with me that the "generic contract" sent to me, was supposed to cover this specific item for this specific period. Lots of issues I see need to be rectified with square-trade extended warranty purchase through Amazon.
3 people found this helpful
on March 13, 2014
I had placed a order about a month ago and i never receive no paper work over the mail or even a email! they still haven"t sent me a thing or even try to help me after amazon try contacting this company three times! i just payed $110 for a protection plan that i have no paper work or e-mail for and would not know where to take my tv to repair or even have paper work to show them!$110 dollars for a 5year protection plan is to good to be true..If you like giving your money away and having to call over and over to amazon and waist your time this is the company to go with!!!
9 people found this helpful
on November 29, 2016
Defective Optical receptor on my LG60LF6100 TV and the warranty does not cover it. This warranty plan is worthless don't wast your money
2 people found this helpful
on January 24, 2017
Was emailed with instructions for claims in the future. Did not have to fill our forms or paperwork. All automatically done. Just click on the link!
on February 26, 2017
Easy to keep track of warranties
on December 16, 2014
I have been using Square Trade for years & this is the best price for the most years I've seen. Square Trade has always taken good care of me when something breaks or give back my money if product has to be returned to buyer.