Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

SquareTrade 2-Year Camera Accident Protection Plan ($250-$300)
Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 250-$300|Change
Price:$24.90+ Free shipping

on December 29, 2011
Purchased and reviewed as stated here, December 2011------Hope I never have a need for this warranty. Like the fact it says it covers almost any freak accident. Company was very responsive so far.

Filed claim October 2013.
Worked like a charm.

At first, my camera was sent in for repairs.
Not all problems were solved.
Upon return more problems surfaced.
It seemed to be just a complete breakdown with the camera and not the repair company.

Once again contacted my new best friend at SquareTrade, Peter, who has been very professional and supportive.

All communications between us has been quick and efficient.

Upon review of new problems, Peter decided to refund my full purchase price as the warranty had stated.

I was offered two options for the refund...check or gift card from Amazon with a 5% bonus.
I will be buying a new camera after Xmas when all will hopefully be on sale.
Not sure if I will purchase through Amazon so I opted to receive the check.

When I purchase my new camera, I most definitely will also purchase a new warranty policy from SquareTrade.
It saved me a lot of money and frustration...which is very valuable.
on June 27, 2015
I have bought numerous electronic products on Amazon, two cameras, several GPS units, etc. All but one purchase has been covered by Square Trade's plan and I made the one purchase recently and went with Smart Guard due to lack of response from Square Trade. Recently, when my Garmin GPS failed, I attempted to claim it on this policy with no luck. This year, I had a Canon camera that fell into this same situation and again, no luck. With my most recent purchase, I used Smart Guard--hopefully they will provide better service. Their registration is a lot easier than Square Trade, so I am hoping their coverage is also better.
on June 27, 2011
Bought this warranty along with a digital camera back in November. I had to buy that camera because I had dropped my current camera, and broke it. So, I decided since I was such a clutz it would be worth it to buy a warranty since it has the drops and spills coverage. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Anyway I didn't do anything other than save the email from Squaretrade. This past Saturday I was taking a picture and dropped the camera (that I bought in November) in my dining room and wouldn't you know - it broke. I went online and started to register my warranty but had things to do. Saturday night I went back online and finished the registration and forwarded my email from Amazon as proof of purchase of the camera. Within 15 minutes I received a response from Squaretrade with a shipping label to mail my camera to them for verification purposes. Once they verified I did break it, the email said they would send me a check, paypal or Amazon gift card. That was fast! So I packed it up on Sunday and my husband mailed it THIS morning (Monday). At 8:02pm THIS evening (I didn't even know UPS shipped that quick) I got an email confirming my claim was completed and with my gift card information. I can't believe how fast that was! So now I am off to buy *another* camera (same make and model, it's not the camera's fault I am a clutz) and *another* Squaretrade warranty. Well worth the money! I highly recommend it.
on May 24, 2017
Customer service was amazing! So helpful and easy to return my item and receive credit to buy a new one! Will always buys this protection plan when buying any type of device. If you buy this plan you should feel confident your item is protected!!!
on January 9, 2013
I NEVER ever purchase extended or extra warranties. However, when I purchased a Canon camera in November 2012 Square Trade offered an Accident Protection Plan that was so reasonably priced, I couldn't resist.
Who knew that within a few weeks I would fall into an icy river with my new camera hanging around my neck?
I am fine but my new camera did not fare so well. I called Square Trade, figuring there would be some fine print I missed that would have a list of exclusions such as immersion in ice water. Was I surprised!
I had only to call once! The Square Trade representative was knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. She took my claim, and said I would receive an email with instructions. Each step was easy as pie. I was given a choices as to how to receive reimbursement: I selected an Amazon Gift Card and have already used it to purchase a replacement camera!
I highly recommend Square Trade Protection Plans!!!
on July 13, 2017
Would not ever buy this protection plan again. Would not cover a Sony camera that I bought. It was a total waste of money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 7, 2017
Good. Fixed my TV when it broke, no charge. So glad I had it.
on April 11, 2013
I ordered the Square Trade plan when I bought a new camera, but then decided to return the camera and buy a new one. I wanted to transfer the policy to the new camers. As it turned out, however, I tried to make the change one month and four days after my purchase -- they have a one month cancellation period -- AND the new camera needed a new policy, since it was a different make. Despite these hitches, the Square Trade saleslady was VERY helpful. She gave me credit for the old policy despite the fact that I was past the cancellation period, and she walked me through the purchase of a new policy. I hope my new camera never breaks, but if it does I am confident that the Square Trade plan will do what it says it will.
on October 26, 2017
Great Warranty, No Hassle, Great Pricing as well. 5-Stars
on March 14, 2013
I purchased the Square Trade protection plan for a digital camera that was purchased on Amazon. After only using the camera about 6 times, the lens would not retract therefore resulting in an error making the camera unuseable. The manufacturer of the camera would not cover the camera due to a possible "drop" that may have caused the malfuntion. I contacted Square Trade customer service and was impressed with the service. The customer service representative was very helpful and pleasant. It was taken care of right away. Sent the camera to them (with the prepaid shipping label provided via email) and within a week had received the credit for the camera! I would definitely recommend this service! I have since purchased a replacement camera & also the Square Trade warranty for the new camera. It is well worth it in my opinion! Excellent service, ease of return and quick response!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.