Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SquareTrade 3-Year Tablet Protection Plan ($350-$400)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Service plan term: 3 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 350-$400|Change
Price:$102.79+ Free shipping

on August 17, 2014
We had trouble with one of our tablets so we contacted SquareTrade to have it fixed. In the description of their services:
"- First, we'll locate the manufacturer's contact information to help you file a claim.
- If the manufacturer replaces or repairs your item, we'll cover the repaired or replaced item.-
- If the manufacturer refuses to honor their warranty because they consider your item purchased from an unauthorized retailer, we'll still cover you."

This statement couldn't be further from the truth. Here's what went down... We had a problem with one of our new tablets we purchased (blinking white light on power-up) off of Amazon so I called SquareTrade to see how to file a claim. They did NOT locate the manufacturer's information to help us file a claim. They did send a prepaid package to us and "repaired" the tablet at one of their facilities. I quoted repaired because only a couple months later the same problem occurred again. Rinse / repeat... Now there's another problem with the tablet but our maximum repair allowance ($300) had been reached and they told us they could no longer help us. The best part? I still have 4 months left on the manufacturer's warranty but cannot take advantage of it because SquareTrade fixed the device first so the manufacturer's warranty had become null and void. The SquareTrade representative stated they would have "never have repaired the laptop without contacting the manufacturer first". I'm sorry, what?!? Aside from the fact that they couldn't provide any documentation on what they did to [not] fix the issue with the tablet, which was not due to accidental damage by the way, they also couldn't pull up the records of the first two claims to show any evidence they tried to help us contact the manufacturer. Never again, not with this company anyhow.
on February 7, 2012
There are no other product coverage plans that offer such hassle free and affordable coverage. This is a policy that is well worth it, from a company that keeps its promises. I have used them for years, through Amazon.com to cover my Amazon and other purchases. One time I did need to collect on a coverage policy, and I received a replacement product that was BETTER than the one that had stopped working. That exchange was made without any cost to me! I have no reservations in giving SQUARE TRADE WARRANTEEs my highest recommendation. They're GREAT!
on June 12, 2013
I love love love love love SquareTrade warranties!!! My daughter's tablet (a Nabi) suffered a horrible LCD screen death last Wednesday (she left it on the couch and it got *ahem* stepped on *ahem*). I walked over to the computer, entered the claim for it, received the printable prepaid shipping label about an hour later...packaged it up and handed it to the UPS guy at the dentist's office around noon on Thursday. By 10PM Thursday I had already received the Amazon.com gift card code (105% of the purchase price; you get a bonus if you take the replacement payment that way) and ordered her replacement.

Now THAT is customer service!!!
on January 5, 2013
Product is OK, but customer service was no help in actually getting the product to me. I was never notified to download the contract. When I contacted them, they basically told me to handle the problem on my own.
on January 20, 2012
I purchased warranty through square trade for my IPad 2. Couple of months back I accidentally scratched my screen. Spoke to an Agent and they mailed me a package to ship the item back. They replaced the screen. Excellent Customer service. They also send you emails whenever there is an update on your case. I am planning to get the warranty for my Iphone 4s and my kindle fire.
on August 27, 2012
New ASUS TF700T-B1-GR 10.1 is not listed on the registration page, and when trying to manually add it in by selecting "other" under "Make", it would not accept the model name nor the Asus name. Had to choose "SKIP" this step, but then how do they know what the warranty applies to? Not very smooth...
on September 22, 2012
I see that some people want to know if Square trade is worth it....it absolutely is. I have not used it for my ipad but I used it for my son's ipod touch. A week after getting it, he jumped in the pool with it in his pocket. I called Square Trade and they offered me a couple of options. I chose the one that was the most convenient for me. The best part is that I can still use my warranty again. Their customer service is excellent, they are friendly and efficient. i wouldn't buy any other warranty for my electronic devices. Buying this one for my ipad now. :)
on July 10, 2012
This warranty is amazing. I bought my son a new Kindle Fire for Christmas in 2011. I knew that he would need the accidental warranty coverage. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend so much on a warranty, but let me tell you... it is definitely worth it. After 2 months, my son dropped his kindle & cracked the screen. When I called squaretrade (no wait time to talk to someone) I was told that this would use up one of my 3 accidental replacements! We received the replacement very quickly. I am now looking for a less expensive tablet as a bday gift for my other son. I will definitely purchase this warranty again, even though the warranty will probably cost me more than 1/2 the price of the tablet, I think it is still worth it!
on July 24, 2012
I was skeptical at first when i bought this insurance along with my tablet but just a few months after i bought it I dropped my tf300 and the lcd broke. The only issue i had with squaretrade was that the first box i was sent so i could return my tablet was lost in the mail but after a few days i contacted squaretrade again and it was resent, from that point on they handled my claim as they said they would my tablet couldnt be fixed but they sent me an amazon gift card a day or two after they received the tablet.
I will buy this insurance again with whatever tablet i purchase with my gift card.
on September 5, 2014
My granddaughter dropped my tablet and now it wont stay on. It works for awhile and then shuts off . I called square trade and they didnt want to replace my tablet. When i was thinking of getting square trade the salesman told me " dont u worry mamm, if anything happens to your tablet, any falls, cracks or spills, we will replace your tablet with a new one". Now i regret getting it. They just want your money dont buy it. Terrble warranty plan. Ive only had the tablet for 2 months 5 days.