Salon Beauty Books with Buzz Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on November 25, 2016
If I could give them 6 stars I would. Bought a Chromebook for my daughter last December and bought a 2 year protection plan. I'm often leery about extended service plans, especially ones that aren't backed by a manufacturer. My daughter had an accident with the device and the screen broke. We filed the claim on Nov 14th and we received our check for the full purchase price today. Everything was done online and they did a great job of communicating throughout the process as to next steps etc...The only thing you want to make sure of is that you keep your receipt for any product that you buy. Since I purchased on Amazon, the receipt was easy to obtain.
4 people found this helpful
on July 31, 2016
No! I purchased this accident protection plan for my new Hp laptop. I didn't know how it worked, wasn't sure if something happened to it i would have to send it to Square Trade or if they would send me something to fill out and return. When I finally contacted them the man told me that they didn't cover hp computers. I don't understand why no one contacted me from Square Trade about this. Well it all comes down to $, they wanted to keep my $ and they did, $50 or $55 I can't remember now. But if you ever purchase Square Trade, make sure it covers your item purchased, because they certainly won't tell you.
5 people found this helpful
on July 29, 2017
REVIEW BY SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY FILED A CLAIM

I purchased insurance on my backup laptop when I purchased it on July 13, 2015. A 2 year ADH policy for ~$47 seemed too good to be true, so I snapped it up. Well around March of 2016, this laptop became my primary, it chugged along for a good time until finally breaking down in mid June 2017 (I'm really hard on my laptops and use them for 4-5 hours a day every day, so this isn't that surprising) Well I realized I was still under the insurance policy through SquareTrade and started to make the claim.

The first few steps were effortless, filed the claim, provided the receipt (purchase invoice sent with the purchase confirmation via Amazon) and got approved for a purchase-price refund rather than a repair. It was a discount laptop, so I was expecting this because they aren't really worth repairing. And then came the issues... Firstly, they sent me a litany of shipping labels, the shipping labels sent directly to my email were never the same as the ones posted to my account on SquareTrade's site. Seriously, I received 8 or 9 different labels and this was AFTER I had already sent the item back with the first label provided. When the tracking showed it had arrived at their warehouse, I waited. Sure enough, nothing happened for 7 days. I contacted support and was told that they never received the items, I provided the tracking number and the email confirmation that they had originally sent me, whereupon the customer service representative tried to call their warehouse for confirmation.

Apparently, SquareTrade doesn't hire anyone to answer phones at their warehouses, because this step was repeated (and I am not joking or exaggerating) SIXTEEN TIMES over the next 12 days. The customer support representatives were unable to reach anyone at the warehouse to receive confirmation for nearly 2 weeks! How is this conducive to SquareTrade's approximate "5 day claims" timeframe? Well it isn't. The poor customer service reps were distressed at the entire situation as well, which I understand to some degree. I corresponded with one of their supervisors (through email) who said he'd personally investigate why the warehouse was not answering their phone and why they had not acknowledged receipt of my laptop. I left the claim alone for 2 weeks and finally got the long-sought after "Your item has been received" email and a follow-up email from the customer support supervisor.

For a while, I had assumed they were attempting to bide their time until the policy expired, since it was filed on within the last 40 or so days of the term, but thankfully this was not the case and the check was sent to me - albeit well after the expiration date of the policy. The check arrived for the purchase price of the laptop - $249.00. I'm grateful it arrived, but if I had been counting on the policy to provide a refund/replacement in a more timely manner, I would have been screwed. The total time from claim to payout was 47 days, nowhere near the 5 days they so adamantly shove in the face of everyone who buys their policies.

PROS:
*They do pay out
*The documentation requests they provide are reasonable and they tend to acknowledge their receipt rather quickly. Longest turnaround for documentation request during normal business hours was about 35 minutes, which is really good.
*This is the most economical insurance policy available.

CONS:
*Slow resolution, which for me wasn't as much of an issue as it could have been since I had the money available to replace the laptop w/o the insurance payout. If I had relied on their insurance I would have been in really hot water with work and school.
*Confusing and unnecessary steps in the claims process (every one of which changes your claim's associated shipping label, tracking number, and claim reference number which is why I received so many different labels)
*They send you a check. This is outdated and unnecessary. It would have been much better if they simply provide a digital code for Amazon credit since most of us would be spending the money there anyways - saves the shipping time for a check and saves the time it takes for a check to clear.

IN CLOSING: I probably will buy SquareTrade insurance on future laptops and electronics (at least as far as ADH coverage is concerned) but they seriously need to fix the pitfalls in their claims process.
6 people found this helpful
on October 26, 2014
I purchased this plan with my laptop and came home a few months after the purchase to find my screen broken. I went to their website and filed a claim by phone. I got a call two seconds after clicking " call me back" and the guy was very nice and answered all my questions. It cost two much to fix the problem so he said they could either send me a check or an amazon gift card( I had purchased on amazon) for the purchase price and they would send which ever I chose after I sent them the broken computer. I received my gift card the day after I sent my computer, so I am happy.
3 people found this helpful
on July 29, 2016
Put me through the loop several times wanted pictures of laptop receipt from AMAZON.com. Was told to speak to a service tech so I could fix the problem myself!!! Definitely the worst customer service and biggest waste of money for the year. Now I have a broken laptop and useless protection plan from SQUARETRADE that I should write to B.B.B about.
4 people found this helpful
on March 27, 2015
I broke my chrome notebook by accident. I called and within less than half hour I got it approved. Within a few hours they already had issued us a giftcard for Amazon and we had our new notebook in a few days. No hassle. We could have gotten a check but knew we wanted to buy from Amazon. They are awesome. We would not buy a computer from anyone else but Amazon. And Square trade was awesome. Good company. No hassles or trying to get out of paying. Number 1 choice for Amazon and for Square trade. We used them again on our replacement notebook.
One person found this helpful
on August 11, 2015
I originally sat down to write a decent review of this product because after some hair pulling and swear words, I was eventually able to get my computer fully repaired, but most recently, I ran head on into the very fine print, and I got screwed. It saddens me to have to write this, but I feel like others should be warned up front of the very fine print.
This protection plan is not like your auto or home insurance. It isn't even like most other protection plans. Let me explain.
My first claim was because I spilled juice on the keyboard. I claimed this and was able to get it cleaned, as per the guidance of the rep from this company. On the repair report, it stated that eventually the keys would start sticking and the keyboard would need to be replaced. Well, they did, so I got another claim going and had my keyboard replaced, again as per their guidance.
So, why the negative review. The "second" claim was only paid $82, when the total costs were $241. The problem, Only $82 was left on my protection plan because of the first claim.
So, yep! This plan will only pay you to the PURCHASE price of the computer, whether you have 1 claim, 2, or 6. And, the purchase price is what you actually paid, not what it originally cost. So, that means if you have a coupon, a gift card, or anything else, it will only cover the cost of the dollar amount you paid. My computer cost $280. I paid $239 because I had several amazon gift cards that I cashed in. My claim amount $239.
Isn't this great? You purchase the plan, thinking that it will actually cover you, but it doesn't.
My advice, read the fine print. If you are accident prone (like me), do get this plan, but only for 1 year. Don't pay the extra money for the second year. Chances are, you will go over the purchase price of your item anyway with one claim.
5 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 5, 2015
Unfortunately I had to use this warranty when the computer was dropped. The Square Trade team was easy to work with and resolved the issue quickly. When I purchased a replacement computer (Square Trade took the computer and gave my Amazon credit for the purchase price) I bought another warranty from them.
2 people found this helpful
on January 16, 2016
SQUARETRADE IS THE BEST WARRANTY SERVICE AVAILABLE!!
I would NEVER trust anyone else besides these guys with my valuable and expensive items.
I have been with them for years & years and I had to make a claim on an item a few years back.
There were no questions, the just had me send in my item and I got a brand new one!
LOVE THEM!!!
One person found this helpful
on January 2, 2015
This protection plan seemed like a cost-effective idea. Upon ordering it, the plan was not emailed to me in the time-frame promised. I called their toll-free number and was easily able to contact a representative. That person said they did not intend to email the plan because they didn't have the right information, which made no sense -- they are a provider for Amazon. The person said they needed information about what product was purchased before they would email a request to us for details about the product. This is Catch-22 circular reasoning. After this call, no email was received. Because of this I have no confidence Square Trade would actually follow through on their Accident Plan.
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.