Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Service plan term: 2 Year|Service plan covered value: $ 450-499.99|Change
Price:$59.90+ Free shipping

Showing 11-20 of 2,325 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,814 reviews
on August 17, 2016
This is a great plan for phones and laptops IF (and only IF) you send them your receipt and keep a copy yourself. If they later don't have your receipt on file (or can't find it) and you don't have one - well, you go through a painful process like I did of tracking it from the selling party and resending and then having to go through some hurdles. Overall, I give them five stars because they do replace the item with a deductible and cover the water damage and other things that many companies don't. There monthly price is cheaper than most retail stores insurance policies. Yep, you may not get a repair and may be forced to get a replacement device, but that is not really bad, as it has the same policy and a small warranty. Have used Squaretrade for my phones, laptops, and other electronic devices.
on May 6, 2017
I purchased this along with my laptop. I'm happy to report that when it became necessary to file a claim these guys were terrific !
No begging or pleading was necessary. They provided the shipping packet and covered the costs of sending my laptop in for repair. They were super fast in fixing it and getting it back to me !
HIGHLY recommend !
on May 27, 2017
I recently bought a tablet through Amazon and purchased a square trade warranty with it. I'm am so glad that I did. It was only a few weeks after that I accidentally dropped the tablet and it fell on the floor and cracked the screen. I contacted square trade and told them what happened. The sent me a prepaid return label. I boxed it up and send it to them. Several days later they emailed me saying that it was beyond repair and a new one would be sent to me at no extra charge. I am happy to say that I received my new tablet today as promised. I don't understand some of the negative reviews that have been posted. I would highly recommend to everyone that buys something that is eligible to have a square trade warranty to buy it!
on June 10, 2016
Bought a 3 year plan for both my and my son's Dell laptops. They both had problems at around 3 years old - and out of warranty. Square trade sent me a box, prepaid with a label for each laptop. I shipped the computers in and they both came back fixed and working well. Mine had a busted DVD player and wouldn't even boot. Now it works great. I was afraid this would be a bad investment, but it really paid off. They responded to emails and shipped them back really fast. Surprised and very happy.
on December 13, 2016
I bought an Acer 15" Predator laptop with a Squaretrade 3 year Accidental Protection Plan. Acer doesn't directly offer accidental protection. After six months, the laptop screen was cracked in the upper right corner, the headphone jack stopped working and one keyboard key was missing. I filed a claim with Squaretrade and then mailed the laptop in the shipping box they sent me. It was a very nice shrink wrap plastic system.

The laptop was functional (except the headphone jack) when I sent it in. The laptop was received at the repair facility. I received no other updates from Squaretrade. I used their callback system to request updates on the repairs. The customer service department has limited access to the repair center. They do share a tracking system but direct communication is mostly by email with the rare ability to speak with them on the phone. Usually they get voicemail.

I was able to occasionally get updates on parts availability but the process didn't seem to be converging on a successful repair. Some parts were on back order for a long time. Apparently these parts eventually arrived, after 3 weeks, but didn't solve the problems.

Escalations to the customer service manager resulted in the refund of the service contract fee but still no laptop or reimbursement. It took another 10 days of daily phone calls to get the final decision; a full refund of laptop purchase price.

I would not recommend Squaretrade for laptop repairs. They don't seem to be qualified to make repairs resulting from accidental damage. They probably do a fine job with smartphones.

The company demonstrated real integrity by refunding all of my money. The customer service department did a good job given the limited access to their repair facility.
The experience from my end was, of course, quite frustrating and time consuming.

I am using the proceeds to buy a laptop from a company that offers its own accidental protection policy.
on January 8, 2016
I would highly recommend a SquareTrade policy for devices that get the wear and tear like laptop computers do. I bought one for my son's laptop several years ago. He accidentally dropped the computer and cracked the case and mentioned it to me only a week before the policy was to expire. It also happened to be just before Christmas so getting the shipping box (which SquareTrade shipped out 2nd-day) and sending it to SquareTrade, with the holiday in between, was going to extend beyond the expiration date. I wasn't sure they were going to come through and fix the laptop. However, there were no problems and no questions asked beyond filling out the repair request, which was simple. It took a little longer due to Christmas and New Years holidays and needing to order a new case and keyboard but they fixed it and promptly shipped it back to me.
on April 20, 2017
A little over two years into owning my laptop the harddrive went completely toast. I thought I seriously up a creek without a paddle as I knew I was past the warranty window but then I barely remembered getting this accident protection plan. I went on the website, worried and scared, and submitted my case. They called back within 5 mintues and were friendly, and very helpful. Replacing the harddrive was covered and I'm writing this review on my fixed laptop. I am so a customer for life.
on October 21, 2016
I always opt for a extended warranty especially with laptops, but this was the first year I ever had to make a claim. This was my first time purchasing from Sqauretrade and I was pleased with the level of service provided. I had purchase a laptop at the beginning to 2015 and after a lot of daily traveling the hinge broke. I contacted Squaretrade and was able to create a claim within minutes. I was able to ship my computer off and receive it back within their promised window of 72 hours. The actual repair took 2 days only counting business days. The whole process took a little under two weeks with all of the shipping of items and two weekends. My only concern was the website, which showed a status that never updated after starting the initial claim. But I was able to call a rep and get a confirmation that everything was still on schedule. I was a little distrustful and annoyed that I had to call because the status never updated to state that my equipment was being worked on. But within a few hours of that call I got a shipping notification that my laptop was repaired and en route. When the laptop arrived, the checklist showed the status of diagnostic testing and that the whole back cover had been replace. The part was new and still covered in plastic film. Overall everything worked out well, I wish that the transit time could have been shorter but it can't be help when you are shipping things back and forth. After this experience I will not hesitate to purchase another policy.

* This review is actually several months old. My laptop broke around Feb 2016 and I'm making this review now mostly because I forgot and I was searching for something else that reminded to do this. But it's actually good that some time has past and I can say that I haven't had any issues since. The work has held up.
on November 25, 2016
If I could give them 6 stars I would. Bought a Chromebook for my daughter last December and bought a 2 year protection plan. I'm often leery about extended service plans, especially ones that aren't backed by a manufacturer. My daughter had an accident with the device and the screen broke. We filed the claim on Nov 14th and we received our check for the full purchase price today. Everything was done online and they did a great job of communicating throughout the process as to next steps etc...The only thing you want to make sure of is that you keep your receipt for any product that you buy. Since I purchased on Amazon, the receipt was easy to obtain.
on April 4, 2017
I just got my Dell XPS13 back from what should have been a simple hardware repair--some screws fell out of the back and the power button was getting activated whenever the display moved. The replaced a part and it's fixed--but without ANY explanation or reason I can think of they also wiped it clean. Why? Nobody can say other than "standard procedure". Now I have to reinstall everything I can find and restore from backups. What a pain! I was unable to get the product key for Microsoft Office 2013 despite hours on a support chat with Microsoft before I sent it in so that is a lost cause--I need to do without or buy it again!