- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B0058WBTQO
- Item model number: RD-KINDLE1SO
- Average Customer Review: 516 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 3, 2009
2-Year SquareTrade Warranty plus Accident Protection for Kindle, US customers only
|Price:||$24.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Accidental damage coverage starts on day 1 and lasts for 2 years from your Kindle ship date
- Extends mechanical and electrical breakdown coverage to the 2nd year of ownership
- NO DEDUCTIBLES or fees for any claims made on your Kindle
- Make up to 3 claims during the term of your warranty
- Available for Kindles purchased on Amazon.com or from offline retailers within the last 30 days
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
From the Manufacturer
2 Years of Accident Coverage for your Kindle
The vast majority of Kindle failures occur because of accidents. With the 2-Year Warranty + Accident Protection for Kindle, you are protected starting from day one if breaks occur because of an accident, for example:
- Your child knocks it off a table
- The dog chews it
- You drop it in water
- It gets stepped on
In addition to accidents, the 2-Year Warranty also covers you from all electrical and mechanical breakdown for an extra 1 year after the standard one year manufacturer warranty ends. This includes battery replacement if the maximum charge falls below one-half of the original potential.
Your 2-Year Warranty Coverage Includes:
- 3 replacements over the 2 year term, with no deductibles or fees
- Hassle-Free 2-day shipping both ways
SquareTrade – The Best Warranty Around
In business since 1999, SquareTrade is the largest independent warranty provider and the only warranty consistently rated 5 stars by consumers. We have over 100,000 fans on Facebook and a 5-star rating on Google Review
The Most Awarded Warranty for Service*:
*As rated by consumers across Amazon.com, ResellerRatings.com, and NexTag.com.
Easy Claims Filing
The claim process is painless - start by calling 866-374-9939, 6am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year.
SquareTrade will ship a replacement Kindle to you (same or newer model depending on availability). You will also receive a pre-paid shipping label to send back the damaged Kindle to the fulfillment center. A valid credit card is required on file to do an advanced exchange. If you don't return the damaged Kindle within 30 days, you will be charged the price of the replacement device.
SquareTrade has designed the warranty with your needs in mind. They make it easy for you to:
Other Things You Should Know
- Upon purchase, you will get an email. This is your official confirmation of a purchase. A welcome kit will also be sent via mail (for pre-orders, we will send the Welcome Kit after your Kindle ships). So as to offer an efficient customer experience, SquareTrade may also contact you about your purchase by telephone.
- Please read the terms and conditions from the link at the top of the page. There is also a link to an easy to understand Service Agreement Summary.
- Start Date: Warranty lasts two years from Kindle ship date. Your warranty plan begins on the date your Kindle shipped (or when your Kindle ships for pre-ordered devices) and is inclusive of the manufacturer warranty period. For pre-ordered products or items that are delivered late, call SquareTrade to extend your warranty plan to the actual shipping date. If you have an issue and are covered by the manufacturer at that time, you'll be directed to the manufacturer first.
- For toll free assistance please call 866-374-9939, 6am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year. An agent is always happy to assist you.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Lo and behold, my washing machine crapped out three - count 'em, THREE - times within 18 months with the exact same issue.
I didn't even bother with the manufacturer. I called SquareTrade and their super customer service people set me up with a local repair shop. When the repair shop failed to call me and I couldn't get in touch with their office by phone, I called SquareTrade and asked them what could possibly be going on? I didn't have my washer, didn't have a repair person, and here I was stuck going to the commercial laundromat, and that was NOT the way I wanted to spend my time off from work.
SquareTrade sent me a FULL product refund and included a FULL REFUND FOR THE COST OF THE WARRANTY for my trouble.
I love SquareTrade. I recommend them to everyone looking into extended warranties. I will be a SquareTrade customer for a very, very long time. SquareTrade warranties are less expensive than manufacturers' extended warranties, are useful for refurbished items, for electronics purchased through ebay, and THE WARRANTIES WORK.Read more ›
This warranty extends the default warranty coverage to 2 years. Translation: if the Kindle came with a one-year warranty, buying it will give you TWO years of total warranty coverage, NOT three. The 'accident' gives you some extra coverage that Amazon's doesn't cover.
IF, after paying for coverage and reading the terms you don't agree, you have 60 DAYS to cancel and get your money back. This is a good thing because it should be enough time to read the agreement and decide whether to keep the coverage.
As far as warranties go, this one is okay. Very much in line with what most electronics warranties provide these days. Going through the legalese, this is what gets covered and how.
- The amount of coverage is limited to the amount you paid to purchase the product (minus shipping and taxes).
- You are covered for operational and accidental damage but not covered if you abuse your Kindle.
- They will fix and replace your broken Kindle and your replacement may be a refurbished model or a newer model or you may receive 'your money back' if they can't do either.
- If your Kindle breaks three times you get a replacement and coverage ends (the no-lemon clause).
- There can be only ONE replacement under the plan. Do NOT confuse 'claims' with actual replacements.
- If you purchase coverage at the same time you bought your Kindle, accident coverage begins immediately.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My Kindle fire 7 stopped working and I tried everything I could think of and looked up online anything I could to try to fix it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Kindle Customer
I purchased the Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB in 2014. I also purchased the 2 year Square Trade plan. My kindle has ceased working correctly. Read morePublished 1 month ago by C.Price
Like most warranties, it's designed to run out just before you need it. About a week after the 2 years expired, I got a blank sector on my screen from carrying my Kindle in my hip... Read morePublished 1 month ago by D. Buck
great program. I have used it in the past and they have always stood by the agreementPublished 2 months ago by Jeremyha Lyle
I love my Fire HDX 8.9 Tablet so I bought the Square Trade two year plan for $24.99. I received an e-mail with copy of the policy but it does say what "maximum coverage... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Nolra an Amazon Customer
Look for Similar Items by Category