- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B0058WELD2
- Item model number: B0058WELD2
- Average Customer Review: 1,444 customer reviews
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 30, 2011
2-Year SquareTrade Warranty plus Accident Protection for Kindle Fire (First Generation), US customers only
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Accidental damage coverage starts on day 1 and lasts for 2 years from your Kindle purchase date (for pre-orders, accidental damage coverage starts after your device ships)
- Extends mechanical and electrical breakdown coverage to the 2nd year of ownership
- NO DEDUCTIBLES or fees for any claims made on your Kindle
- Make up to 3 claims during the term of your warranty
- Available for Kindles purchased on Amazon.com or from offline retailers within the last 30 days
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
From the Manufacturer
2 Years of Accident Coverage for your Kindle
The vast majority of Kindle failures occur because of accidents. With the 2-Year Warranty + Accident Protection for Kindle, you are protected starting from day one if breaks occur because of an accident, for example:
- Your child knocks it off a table
- The dog chews it
- You drop it in water
- It gets stepped on
In addition to accidents, the 2-Year Warranty also covers you from all electrical and mechanical breakdown for an extra 1 year after the standard one year manufacturer warranty ends. This includes battery replacement if the maximum charge falls below one-half of the original potential.
Your 2-Year Warranty Coverage Includes:
- 3 replacements over the 2 year term, with no deductibles or fees
- Hassle-Free 2-day shipping both ways
SquareTrade – The Best Warranty Around
In business since 1999, SquareTrade is the largest independent warranty provider and the only warranty consistently rated 5 stars by consumers. We have over 100,000 fans on Facebook and a 5-star rating on Google Review
The Most Awarded Warranty for Service*:
*As rated by consumers across Amazon.com, ResellerRatings.com, and NexTag.com.
Easy Claims Filing
The claim process is painless - start by calling 866-374-9939, 6am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year.
SquareTrade will ship a replacement Kindle to you (same or newer model depending on availability). You will also receive a pre-paid shipping label to send back the damaged Kindle to the fulfillment center. A valid credit card is required on file to do an advanced exchange. If you don't return the damaged Kindle within 30 days, you will be charged the price of the replacement device.
SquareTrade has designed the warranty with your needs in mind. They make it easy for you to:
Other Things You Should Know
- Upon purchase, you will get an email. This is your official confirmation of a purchase. A welcome kit will also be sent via mail (for pre-orders, we will send the Welcome Kit after your Kindle ships). So as to offer an efficient customer experience, SquareTrade may also contact you about your purchase by telephone.
- Please read the terms and conditions from the link at the top of the page. There is also a link to an easy to understand Service Agreement Summary.
- Start Date: Warranty lasts two years from Kindle ship date. Your warranty plan begins on the date your Kindle shipped (or when your Kindle ships for pre-ordered devices) and is inclusive of the manufacturer warranty period. For pre-ordered products or items that are delivered late, call SquareTrade to extend your warranty plan to the actual shipping date. If you have an issue and are covered by the manufacturer at that time, you'll be directed to the manufacturer first.
- For toll free assistance please call 866-374-9939, 6am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year. An agent is always happy to assist you.
Top customer reviews
As my initial review was written based on my experience with SquareTrade on items other than the Kindle Fire (which had not even been released at that time) I wanted to update with info relating specifically to the Fire warranty service.
I have had to contact Square Trade because of an issue with one of my Kindle Fires and I mistakenly called the usual general warranty claim telephone number on the SquareTrade website. SquareTrade has a designated Kindle Fire specific warranty claim number which is listed on the warranty confirmation email customers receive after purchasing the Fire's warranty. It is 1-866-374-9939. Once I was connected to the right person (this was all in one phone call in less than five minutes) my issue was handled quickly, with no fuss, I did not have to provide any additional information and I had a replacement Kindle in less than 48 hours at no charge to me.
Another reviewer had mentioned concern at the lack of a paper warranty, this does not bother me. I have my email warranty, all of my warranties are available on the SquareTrade site and I no longer have to deal with lost paperwork etc. Even when transferring or cancelling a warranty, the steps are laid out in easy to follow directions on the SquareTrade website.
Someone had mentioned that they were bothered at the lack of Kindle Fires' serial numbers listed on the Warranties. I own three Kindle Fires, one is mine and the other two are my kids. When they are turned on in the top corner they say Helen's Kindle, Helen's 2nd Kindle, Helen's 3rd Kindle, presumably because it's through my account that they are registered. When calling for warranty service the SquareTrade rep asked me which Kindle I was initiating a claim against and I only had to say Helen's Kindle - that's it.
Square Trade is providing me with worry free protection for my Kindle Fires. I have contacted them specifically regarding a serious issue with one of my Fires and everything was handled to my satisfaction in under 15 minutes. In fact, I found the warranty claim with my Fire to be handled more smoothly/expediently than in my warranty issues for my other products. After experiencing the warranty claim process for the Kindle Fire my five star rating remains the same.
****Initial Review October 14, 2011****
Had to stop and review after seeing the low two star rating for Square Trade. I initially found Square Trade on ebay when purchasing used electronics. Square Trade offers warranties on used items purchased on that site. It sounded too good to be true so I did some research and after which I realized that I had been wasting my money purchasing warranties at Best Buy and other retailers. Square Trade has been rated across the board as excellent, recently winning a 2011 customer service award. I am a Square Trade customer for many things that the company offers warranties for and I list it in my ad if I am selling used electronics (I sold my kids Wii and all games and accessories listing Square Trade as a warranty provider).
Items in my home that are currently under warranty with Square Trade; Breville Juice and Blend, 2 flat screens, 1 laptop, Kitchenaid stand mixer and a bunch of smaller ticket items. I have had one occasion to contact Square Trade for an item under warranty and received excellent customer service throughout speaking with a real person without having to hang around on hold for an hour or more.
I would hate to think that anyone would hesitate to purchase a warranty through Square Trade based on one customers negative experience with billing. In purchasing warranties with Square Trade I have never had one problem, in fact if anything I found Square Trade to be over accommodating to achieve customer satisfaction (one time I called for a warranty quote and had a code for a discount not realizing that it had expired a few days before, Square Trade allowed me to receive the discount on my warranty purchase).
I recommend Square Trade to family, friends and acquaintances all the time. I believe in the service/company and based on my experience know that if I did have a problem that it would be resolved to my satisfaction. Square Trade is slowly becoming the standard in warranty providers with even Costco now offering Square Trade extended warranties for their tvs.
*****UPDATE October 30, 2011*****
I went ahead and purchased my three warranties today 10/30/2011. One transaction for three warranties (another reviewer had mentioned if purchased together that the warranties were somehow tied together--not the case)and shortly afterwards received three separate confirmation emails from Square Trade, one for each Kindle. This is the message from them:
Please read this information so you know how your pre-ordered Kindle warranty works:
* You have already been billed for this warranty. If you do not want to pay for this warranty now, just cancel it & repurchase the warranty up to 30 days after your Kindle ships
* Your coverage will not start until after your Kindle ships, this ensures you get a full 2 years of coverage
* You will not receive your warranty welcome mailer until after your Kindle ships
We will also send a final confirmation email when your device ships. Both the email and mailer will contain your coverage start date.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-866-374-9939, 6am to 10pm PST.
The SquareTrade Team
............Then at the bottom of the email they address postponing the start of the warranty if you are purchasing it as a gift for someone else........
If you've been very generous and purchased this warranty as a gift for somebody, call us at 866-374-9939, 6am to 10pm PST to transfer the care plan to the recipient.
You can also call to update the start date of your warranty to the day you plan on gifting your Kindle.
Square Trade's Warranty plus Accident Protection is a MUST have! I thought for sure I wouldn't ever need it becasue of the care we take with our Fires......hence the reason for getting this! Got to luv Murphy......
Thanks Square Trade Team!!!!
But, drop your new Kindle in the sink, trying to read the Drudge report while shaving in the morning? Sorry - out of luck! That's where Square Trade comes in - that actually happened to me, and the customer service agent got a laugh out of it, but it didn't even slow him down as he took the information on the Accidental damage claim, and I had a new Kindle in hand, two days later. I do my morning reading away from sinks, and after I've shaved now, but know that accidents happen - and when they do, Amazon, as great a company as they are, can't do anything except sell you a new one. With my Square trade policy, I worry less about accidental dunkings, or if the dog knocks it on the floor (I haven't asked if "the dog ate my Kindle" would be covered, but I imagine if I could produce one with teeth marks on it, Square Trade would have me Squared away in moments, after speaking to one of their agents. If it's electronic and can be damaged, I make sure I buy a Square Trade policy with it. It does wonders for peace of mind. Thank You Square Trade!