Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 40 reviews
on June 19, 2012
Excellent kids coffee table book. I have this and two other Taro Gomi activity/coloring books. Close by are a large assortment of Crayola markers, crayons, and colored pencils. Visiting kids inevitably spend a good amount of time going through these books, drawing, scribbling or doodling as the picture and text inspires them. My grand-daughter loves sharing her drawings and stories as she completes each activity and I love the sharing time. The book has general scenes with text suggesting how to complete the drawing. For example, the drawing might be a large dinner plate on several pages with text to draw something yummy to eat. Or several pages of kids in a blank tee shirt with text to complete the shirt. Every page engages their creative process. My 7 y/o granddaughter will read through and select a drawing to complete depending on her mood and what happened that day. My nieces and nephews (ages 5-8) are similarly engaged by these books. They're excellent gifts and every child would enjoy their own personal copy. These are great de-stressors for adults too.

NOTE: This book is heavier weight paper that accomodates paints and markers as well as crayons and pencils. Another Taro Gomi book, Scribbles, has lighter weight paper appropriate for crayons and pencils.
on February 19, 2013
We have the first two books, Doodles and Scribbles, and they were great. We had very high hopes for the third book. I don't know what happened. The whole book is full of about 7 categories, each one taking up 20 pages. It says giant doodle book on the cover, and it is giant in pages, but not in creativity and ideas. There are so many of the same blank things in a row (T-Shirts, Plates and Bowls, Mountains, under the sea) that you get bored. I do NOT recommend this book for your kids. If you want one that is fun and slightly like it, get one of the first two in the series.
on July 23, 2017
Super cute and fun
on December 16, 2013
I bought this book for one of my grandkids. When I got it, I thumbed through it. I liked it so well, that I bought myself one. Sometimes, to relax I'll pull out paper, colored pencils and markers and just doodle. This book lets me use my imagination and relax at the same time. Love the prompts for creativity.
on August 8, 2016
Pages are nice and thick for drawing and/or painting. Lots of fun pictures to choose from as well. Good for everyone big and small.
on May 7, 2010
I have at least 4 of these drawing & painting books. I am a 37 yr old female & I can tell you this is terrific therapy. I am very creative when it comes to drawing & painting. These books are not just for children, adults can enjoy these as well. I have had several surgeries & experience great deal of pain & this is the only thing that takes my mind off pain & puts me in a relaxing peaceful place, for that I am very grateful.
on February 11, 2014
Soooo much better than cheesy Disney or pre-fab character books. Love this series! Oversized pages, high quality paper. Have bought doodles, squiggles and scribbles for my kids and my nieces.
on August 3, 2010
My daughter fell in love with these books at the book store, but I couldn't pay the ($20) price, so I promised her I would look for them somewhere else-Yay Amazon!-they were like $8 here! I bought them all, and she loves them. There is so much to do, and it is a spark to their little imaginations, not like the typical activity book that just tells your child what to do. SO much fun, we all love to see what's on the next page. Definitely worth it!
on October 25, 2016
What's not to love about Taro Gomi?
on October 2, 2013
My grandkids love using these books when they come to visit. I ordered a selection of these creative workbooks and they arrived quickly and in great condition. They are a huge hit at our house!