Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $20.66 shipping
Squirrel Stopper SQC05 Black Squirrel Stopper Pole and Baffle Set
- Low Return Rate: 42% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 90% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "squirrel stopper bird feeder pole"
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This system is made of 16 gauge steel, powder-coated with a durable black finish and stands about eight feet tall when assembled
- The pole assembly is two inch diameter tubular steel and features four arms to support 4 different bird feeders or other hanging objects such as bird baths or flower baskets
- The inverted cone-shaped squirrel-stopper baffle on the pole is spring-loaded and capable of moving both up and down and side to side
- The bottom section of the pole is equipped with a ground auger which will make installation easy and very stable
- Assembly is easy and the completed system is very functional but also has an attractive, somewhat Victorian look
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Squirrel Stopper Bird Feeder Pole System. It's squirrel proof! This bird feeder support system will stop all squirrels! The inverted cone-shaped baffle on the pole is spring-loaded and capable of moving both up and down and side to side. Squirrels can't get past it! This system is made of 16 gauge steel, powder-coated with a durable black finish and stands about eight feet tall when assembled. The pole assembly is two inch diameter tubular steel. It features four arms to support 4 different bird feeders or other hanging objects such as bird baths or flower baskets. The bottom section of the pole is equipped with a ground auger which will make installation easy and very stable. The entire system comes in a box about 12 inches square and 48 inches long. Assembly is easy and the completed system is very functional but also has an attractive, somewhat Victorian look.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I read many reviews and saw the recommendations to spray the pieces with rustoleum and definitely did that as soon as it arrived. It is easiest if you have a place to hang the poles to dry, I used shepherd hooks I already had outside. The only hard to spray piece is the one that holds the squirrel stopper itself.
Once it was dry I was able to assemble it myself and the directions were very straight forward and clear. You will want to make sure the post that goes into the ground stays level. The first time I twisted it into the ground it went slightly skewed and I didn't even notice until I attached the next pole, so make sure you have a leveler with you as well.
The hooks are great and evenly spaced. The poles are well supported with the brackets and it holds some of my very heavy feeders. You do want to make sure that the weight is even on each side or it will lean a little bit.
My complaint is really just an oversight on my own part. I did not take into consideration that although it will hold many feeders, the type of feeder plays a big part into how you can hang them. For example, I could not hang two larger traditional feeders (like those with roofs) side by side as they would knock into each other. For my preferences, a traditional and a long tube feeder would be better. I ended up doing suet and tube feeders in combination with the traditional feeders so that I could still see all the birds. BOY did I start seeing the birds. While hanging the feeders I had birds trying to land.
As for its stopping abilities. I have sat and watched squirrels try time and again to get up the stopper and they simply cannot. It would also appear that at some point the raccoon tried and was also unsuccessful since I found some surface scratches on the stopper that are too large for a squirrel. So far the rustoleum is holding up and even with the Florida rains, the parts show no signs of rusting.
I've had it installed for over a month and I have yet to see squirrels steal my bird seed and I've had a huge problem with this before getting this pole. We've also experienced over 10" of rain the past month and I have yet to see any signs of rust. But I will keep an eye and touch up as time goes on.
So why the 3 stars? The product arrived missing the ornamental piece that goes on top. I've tried several times to contact the manufacturer (twice via e-mail and left a VM once) and have yet to hear back from them.
(2) The two arms could have been longer so the inside feeders wouldn't be as bunched together so tightly - I'll have to get thinner feeders to those spaces. Having 8 in such a small perimeter makes it all too jumbled -- I may end up with only 4 feeders (defeats the purpose of getting one to accommodate 8).
(3) The 8 tiny hooks for the hangers are very fragile - I don't know they will hold up over time; they could have been made thicker - stronger.
(4) The baffle pole just sits over of the pole below it and the pole above just sits over the baffle pole -- no screws holding them to be secure. Anyone could easily just raise a pole and remove it with no problem -- not sure that this is a positive thing -- wouldn't have taken much to secure the poles (the baffle works with springs inside so that wouldn't make a difference if the poles were more secured).
(5) The slim baffle looks much better than those big round ones -- this is a positive!
(6) Make sure when adding feeders, with heaviest ones, balance out the weight on all sides
(7) This is a large feeder pole, very attractive and so far, the curious squirrels haven't found a way to get to the feeders.
(8) It's pricey but if this resolves my issues of squirrels jumping to the feeders and keeping birds from eating, it will be well-worth it and will give recommendations to my friends and neighbors.