St. Croix Rods Premier Casting Rod
- PREMIUM SCII GRAPHITE CONSTRUCTION: Perfect for anglers who appreciate high-performance without high cost; Mid-modulus graphite fiber with a higher strain rate than common fibers; Most popular material that is lightweight, durable and sensitive
- PREMIUM-GRADE CORK HANDLE: Ensure you maintain a strong grip on your casting fishing rod
- MORE FEATURES: Fuji ECS, TCS, or PSS reel seat w/ frosted silver hood; Kigan Master Hand 3D guides w/, strong aluminum-oxide rings and black frames; Kigan hook-keeper; Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish; Made in USA
- SPECIFICATIONS: Length – 5’6”; Power – M; Action – Fast; Pieces – 1; Line Wt. – 8-14 lbs; Lure Wt. – 1/4-5/8 oz; Rod Wt. – 3.7 oz; Handle - 1
- 5-YEAR WARRANTY: Backed by St. Croix Superstar Service
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The classic styling combined with performance and value is what has made Premier a perennial powerhouse line of fishing rods from St. Croix. This superior casting fishing pole merges tough graphite construction, a premium cork handle, and more to offer outstanding strength, sensitivity and hook-setting power every time you set your line in the water. Available in over 30 casting rod models, these casting rods are ideally suited for powerful game fish.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 66 x 3 x 3 inches; 3.99 Ounces
- Item model number : PC56MF
- Department : Unisex-adult
- Date First Available : September 30, 2004
- Manufacturer : St. Croix Rod
- ASIN : B000BNYB4W
Best Sellers Rank:
#70,402 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #126 in Fishing Rods
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The main reason for the 2 stars (as the rod itself would deserve 3 1/2 stars) is the customer service. St Croix has an amazing reputation but frankly I don't think it applies anymore.
This is the first rod in my fishing career that has broke on an actual fish, TWICE! Seriously that's not an amazing statistic. The worst part was getting the tip replaced. The first time took nearly 3 months, supposedly they were waiting for a delivery?! The second time is an experience I'm still going through. 3 Weeks of emails before they finally took payment and still not received a confirmation mail on it being posted. Their staff just don't seem to the brightest in the world and what should be dealt with in one or two emails takes a dozen.
If you are buying this rod for their service, just don't. It is a passable rod but this is at their budget end and it shows. You would be buying this for the name, not the quality of their top end rods.
There are lighter rods in the same price range, but St. Croix rods are very durable in my experience.
Update: It's now November 2nd and still no reply from the seller or the company. AVOID both!
By Kristopher Convissar on July 13, 2021
By scott h on June 18, 2020