BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Russell Dickerson Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 24, 2017
I got this collection specifically to try to pick up Spanish without reading too many boring translation and Spanish grammar books. It might help me out a little after I learn the basics, right now they are talking too fast in Spanish to understand a word LOL! But the drama itself is really good.
on May 11, 2017
I like it but couldn't pay for the complete set.

Very poor website.

M Lyn
on October 17, 2017
I just got around to watching these DVD's. The 2nd disk is defective. Most of the shows will not play. Very disappointed. I haven't gotten to the last disk. I will let you know.
on June 17, 2012
Whenever St. Elsewhere would come on television in its original airing, I was totally drawn into the characters. Dr. Ehrlich was great, and I loved his interaction with Dr. Craig, who he admired and wanted to emulate. Season One was spent developing the characters, and there were some excellent shows in that first season, but I believe the later programs were much better. I especially loved the "Time Heals" two-parter (that was in season three or four). "Time Heals" revealed the background of the hospital staff, including the founder. It also shows how Dr. Westfall's early childhood experiences affected his personality. Every character was realistic, even the outlandish ones. I love this show.
on March 19, 2017
Having lived in Europe for decades, I missed this on television so was delighted to find this charming "MTM" medical drama on Amazon! Thanks!
on September 30, 2016
I trained in a similarly gritty old facility about the same time.
on September 7, 2017
I watched this show when it was on and loved it then. It is fun to see it again.
on October 4, 2016
The best Hospital series ever. Many actors got their careers started and still one of the best. Based about Boston City Hospital.
on October 30, 2008
Having watched St. Elsewhere when it was originally broadcast, I had been left with memories of a truly high quality series in every regard (acting, writing, and directing). Could it be as good as I had remembered?

The first episode doesn't disappoint, it's a great debut. But then, the writing stalls a bit. A suggestion for new viewers; don't bail out because of the "tweety and ralph" storyline, or because of uneven writing in the beginning few episodes. Once things begin to pick up, St. Elsewhere really does rise to meet the high praise it regularly receives. I'm happy to say that after watching season one, my memories of a "great series" were in fact correct! Truly one of the best of the 80's, and of all time.

I cannot end this review without mentioning the fact that I have never really liked E.R. or Chicago Hope, two series that perhaps owe a great debt to St. Elsewhere. A huge production and "big names" (producers, actors) do not always create a superior product. In fact, the simple low key approach taken by St. Elsewhere is what helps it to rise above the more "produced" efforts on TV.

Give St. Elsewhere a try! Don't give up after just a few episodes, watch the complete first season! I promise, you'll be yelling for the long overdue release of season two!

JM
on February 6, 2015
Great to revisit this show I was devoted to on its first run. Interesting to see that it took a few episodes before the "St. Elsewhere" that I remember truly emerged - seemed a little slow paced and on-the-nose at first, but it's hit its stride by episode 4. I'm definitely hooked again and looking forward to more!