BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 30, 2012
I just got this from Amazon. I've been using it for a couple of days. It shipped pretty quickly. I was in sore need for a pencil sharpener, but didn't want to just get any crummy one from the grocery store. Of course, I turned to my trusty Amazon reviews. This had one of the highest ratings for sharpeners. (That's how I search for new products).

I found this sharpener to be quite handy and easy to use. It fits in a small palm. You can turn it quite easily because of its curved surface. You just stick your pencil into one of the slots at the top. It shears off the wood to reveal the lead. I found a full twist and a half was good enough to get my pencil to a fine point.

This manual sharpener was a lot more ergonomic friendly than some of the other designs I have seen. It is a little more pricey than a standard sharpener but it does feature a nice catch for your shards. It is also very easy to grip. It is well made. It also arrives quickly. If you are looking for a pretty good quality sharpener for your number 2s, I would go for this one.
VINE VOICEon February 22, 2013
I bought this to replace an electric sharpener that died after 6 years or so. It's tiny and doesn't take up much room on the desk (much less than the electric sharpener) and it works very well for me. I haven't had it eating up the pencils as some reviewers mentioned - the lead "point" is a little short but nice and sharp and it's very quick to use. I had a little trouble getting it open the first time to empty the shavings but now that I know how to do it, that's no longer a problem. It has a cap which can close off the holes in case you wanted to take it with you. It does seem expensive for its size but works much better than most small pencil sharpeners I've tried before and I'm happy with my purchase.
on May 22, 2016
I needed a good manual sharpener for the colored pencils I use for adult coloring books. This one is a nice size, easily portable, and the blades are really sharp. In some cases, I can restore a point on my pencil with only one turn. There are two openings for sharpening. One is labeled "graphite," and the other is labeled "graphite + color." Both are useful depending on how much of the colored core you want to expose. The blades are sharp, so do be careful opening the sharpener and emptying the shavings, especially the first few times you use it. The sharpener closes tightly, so there are no stray shavings escaping in your bag. I like this sharpener much better than the other manual sharpeners I've tried and will replace it when the blades eventually dull.
on May 14, 2017
Great inexpensive pencil sharpener. We use a lot of pencils and colored pencils in our house of kids (6 yrs and 5 yr old twins) it even works with the wider kid pencils. Easy to empty bin when it gets full or a pencil tip breaks off.
on September 30, 2016
This pencil sharpener works so well! I homeschool and have a couple of these on the table while we do book work. They are also great to take on the go. Both the hole for the color pencils and the regular pencils are easy to use. It is very sturdy and we'll made. I love that the top fits snuggly to the bottom piece so it doesn't come apart when you don't want it to, making messes. The little flip lid on top snaps shut so lead dust does not leak out while in a bag/backpack. I only recommend that you have quality pencils/colored pencils to use with this, because inevitably cheap ones will not sharpen as well/break.
on October 15, 2017
I guess you get what you pay for. This was ordered on September 4th, 2017 and it just grinds down the pencil without sharpening. It wasn't heavily used either. Disappointing for all the positive reviews this product received.
on October 3, 2014
I stopped using pencils years ago. However, now that my daughter is in school, I've been on a quest to find a good pencil sharpener. I've gone through a lot. Staedtler makes a great product. Sharpens well and quickly. We had some colored pencils that just wouldn't sharpen well in other sharpeners. The colored lead would always break and you'd have to sharpen them again and again. With this sharpener, I realized my colored pencils (while obviously lower quality than other brands) would actually sharpen just fine in this sharpener.

Well designed. The fatter hole works perfect for larger kid pencils. I also use this larger port to sharpen the color pencils (just hold the pencil centered as well as you can). I do this so the angle is less extreme and the tip lasts longer. Color pencil lead is softer and dull quickly otherwise.

The removable part traps all of the shavings well and won't fall off accidentally in my kids backpack. The flip cover is also nice as it prevents the lead dust from shaking out like a salt shaker when it's in the backpack.
on January 14, 2015
I wanted so badly to think the bad reviews on this were just a few faulted products. Unfortunately for me, if that's the case, then I must have gotten faulty ones as well. We used your standard run of the mill No.2 pencils with this, and it only worked about half the time, and only when you held the pencil at JUST the right angle. Within a few uses, the lids broke off. Not popped off, they broke off so they couldn't be fixed. My 8 year old had a very hard time opening the sharpener to empty it. Within a few weeks, my kids gave up on them completely. They rarely, if ever, worked on a pencil that was smooth; you know, the fancy fun ones that kids prefer over the boring yellow No. 2's? I give them a 3 because when they DID work, they worked well, and catching the shavings was nice. Overall though, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone for kids to use, and personally, unless you're meticulous about sharpening procedure, I wouldn't recommend them to adults either.
on December 30, 2015
Incredible, superb artist-grade sharpener! Never fear sharpening Prismacolor premium color pencils again (this brand tends to be the most delicate when sharpening)! For color pencils, pastel pencils and charcoal/graphite pencils, this sharpener created the finest tips, over all other brands I've tried, to date.
on September 23, 2012
I was really skeptical about ordering this because of the price. But it was money well spent.

I've been using Maped and other generic sharpeners for years and have had so-so satisfaction with them. Over time (as in about a week of very frequent use) the edge dulls and I have to purchase another one. I've also found that the open sharpener hole at the top lets led escape. The Staedter Sharpener has a plastic "door" that prevents this. I thought it would feel cheap and not really work but I was mistaken.

The bin is large, providing plenty of room for the shavings.

I find that I only have to give a pencil 1 - 2 turns to get it really sharp from extremely dull. This is very satisfying given that other sharpeners eat away at my nice pencils by forcing me to turn them at least 5 - 10 times before I can get a nice tip. Since I have to turn the pencil less, I don't have to empty it as often and what little led is in the barrel is contained by this nifty door. I love it!

I've been using it for a few weeks now and love this sharpener. I've notice that my pencils are lasting longer and my carrying case and purses are less polluted with lead residue.

The only downside is that it's a little bulky with almost a 2" diameter and almost a 3" height. To me, that can easily be overlooked given how awesome it is.

Definitely worth purchasing! I would strongly recommend this to anyone who frequently uses pencils.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.