Lyft Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Cyber Monday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New playlist Christmas Soul STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Echo Show Cyber Monday Deals: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 3, 2017
As with many many products these days, it is NOT what it's advertised.
Will it fit a Shure SM-58 mic? Yeah, but you best have it connected to the mic cable before trying, because that clip barely fits the SM-58. To push it into the clip far enough to connect a cable, it's a chore.
on April 5, 2013
Nothing special. It ain't rocket science. Just a clip. It works fine. It's meant as a microphone clip. It clips the microphone. Life is good.
on January 13, 2017
I believe these are good mic clips. I bought these and our singer broke them because he would try to jam the microphone into the clip rather than letting it rest, which is how I believe it's supposed to be. I don't use a microphone but I'm sure that they broke due to user negligence, they looked better than other competitors when I saw them.
These are obviously designed for microphones with the Shure SM-57/58 series form factor. I use mine for the much heavier Blue Microphones enCORE 100 Studio-Grade Dynamic Performance Microphone, and this clip holds it right where I adjust it to.

The threads in the base of the clip appear to be precision-machined. Mine effortlessly mate with an On Stage MSA7040TB Adjustable Microphone Boom, Black, an On Stage Stands 7701B Tripod Boom Microphone Stand and a Musician's Gear Die-Cast Mic Stand Black, which are the only stands with which I've used this clip.

Bear in mind that if you are using microphones that are designed with form factors that are different from the Shure SM (and PG and similar), or a different brand that uses that form factor, then this clip will probably not work. Also I cannot vouch for it as a clip for heavy touring, although for local bar gigs it should easily hold up, and at the price you can afford to purchase some spares (actually, you SHOULD do that.)

I am personally pleased with mine and do not regret selecting this model. I have five or six on hand, including a few spares, and if I needed more clips, this is the one I would purchase.
on May 17, 2017
Perfect as described
on January 18, 2014
I bought two of these to go with some inexpensive mic stands for a teen musician. They fit microphones that have a mostly straight tube for the handle. If it has a big angle like a rock band game mic then it won't hold it without some tape. One of these broke because the mic stand was knocked over and the plastic is brittle. There are better quality mic clips out there that are made of rubber that fit all microphones but they are quite expensive. If you are a dedicated musician then the rubber type might be better for you in the long run. These are decent quality and overall I feel they are a good value for the money.
on June 4, 2017
It's cheap, it holds a mic. What more could you want?
on November 3, 2017
Solid. Great replacement for my old one. The mic does not slip.
on June 23, 2017
on September 5, 2013
This is the cheapest mic clip out there, and there is a reason for that. The plastic on this is VERY HARD. For example, you cannot clip an SM58 into it from the top, you have to slide it in from the front. For a permanent/semi-permanent installation, this should present no difficulties, but it is truly a pain to use. That said, if you are looking for a superglue death grip for your mic, this inflexible, thick piece of mic-related plastic is the right product.

For the price, I can't overly complain, but I will shortly be buying the Shure brand or similar of this type of clip.