Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 212 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 226 reviews
on August 14, 2015
I just got these today. They are poorly made. The soldering at the joints of the handle/bowls is extremely sloppy, and the wooden part of the handles is cheap. One handle has a huge gash in the wood. The wooden handles are glued in and don't fit snugly to the metal handle shaft. If these last it will be a miracle. I've attached pictures. I hope you can see what I'm talking about.
review image review image review image
on February 1, 2012
Wonderful addition for anyone who enjoys cooking with big wok over high heat. Easy to clean, exactly as advertised, and quality craftsmanship. Pick them up and you tell they're made of hefty, durable stainless steel. You're not going to break or bend these jokers unless serious malicious intent is involved. If you're wondering if they're going to be large enough, I cook for the family of five in a 18 inch wok and they're all I can handle. One thing they didn't mention was that utensils come with the handles not attached. To install, insert and smack with hammer to wedge it in(I used a 3lb dead blow hammer. Very successful.) Once they get wet, they'll expand and tighten. If they come loose(which did occur with the ladle) Smack them again. This is nice because in case of damage, anyone with a wooden dowel and a handsaw can replace it in a short amount of time. They are my new favorite kitchen tools.
on February 2, 2015
You cant wok if you don't have a wok spatula - really! I had never been able to really evenly stir-fry by just using a wooden spatula. With this spatula, it is easy to push under the food and turn it for even cooking. It's also perfectly shaped to push the food up the side of the wok for the next ingredient. Wish I had gotten these a LONG time ago. The stainless has remained bright through about 20 uses and is easy to clean.

I read all the negative comments about the handles falling off. Those folks should try to remember their high school science - metals heat and cool quickly; wood does not. Metal expands quickly when it is heated and expands more than wood. Wood swells when it gets wet; metal does not. Putting one end of the metal tool in a 400*F wok will quickly transfer the heat up the spatula - if you don't believe this, touch the spatula near the handle while cooking. So by the laws of physics, the wood handle will work loose from the metal. So just before you cook, you hold the spatula vertically about 6 inches above the countertop and drop it onto the wooden end to seat it for this round of woking.
on September 6, 2015
I don't take the time to review often, but I wish someone had left some information for me before I bought these. Both wooden handles were loose in the plastic bag these came in when I received it. There were no nails, screws or dowels to hold them in, and I have twisted and banged them every which way to get the handles to stay in with no results. Spend the money and get a better brand. I guess I will resort to drilling a hole and screwing the ends in. Either that or use them in the garden. Sharp edges, wood is poor quality and split in places. Just not worth getting.
review image
on January 16, 2017
Another reviewer mentioned being disappointed with the quality of the welding. I have to say, the stainless steel portion of the spatula and ladle is very high quality, thick stainless steel and very durable. Mine was polished nicely with no visible welding spots. However, the wooden handle arrived separate in the bag and wasn't even attached to the spatula. I figured I'd just jam it in there, unfortunately it does not stay. Use the utensils a tiny bit and the wood handle wiggles loose from the stainless steel and falls apart. I saw these for sale at a local Asian market and they are the same terrible quality. I ended up drilling a hole through the stainless steel portion and fastening the handle with a screw to make it work. I tired using glue prior to that and it also didn't work.
on May 25, 2017
As I was pulling the pieces out of the bag to inspect the handles, on both, fell off. Two small spots of glue on each handle - way not the proper way. At least a crimp on the metal into the wood.

I may put a couple small stainless screws in each to fix instead of returning but not a proper construction technique.
on May 12, 2012
I received these utensils the other day and they arrived in two pieces. The wooden handle detached from the metal body. I had expected this however the handles must be glued in order to be secured properly - this I didn't know when buying. Just be conscience of this when buying these utensils - otherwise I have enjoyed stir frying with these.
on August 22, 2015
At first glance they look good. There are a few negitives, 1. There made in China! 2, the wood handle does come out. 3. The weld that holds the scoop and flipper/spatula (wok sang) to the stem of shaft, is poorly done. 4. These tools looks like a One-eyed Trainee on his First Day at work, used this set for welding practice. I know a little about welding and I know enough to know this guy needs training! Quality Control is apparently an unknown concept. 5. Keep in mind that these tools were developed for use in a round bottom wok and while they will work in a flat bottom wok, they loose some of their effectiveness. 5. Be careful when holding the wooden handle, you should hold a combination of the handle and metal shaft together for safty!
The Positives, if you've got a 12" inch or smaller wok get the 14" set, anthing bigger get the 17" set. The set is Stainless Steel (or some portion of Stainless Steel) and the finish looks good. The items feel solid to use. The laddle holds about 1 1/2 cups of liquid so its great for scooping out large quanties of soup etc. at one time. Price was right on target for the quality of this set. Longevity of the product, remains to be seen.
on July 24, 2013
I bought the Helen Chen 14 inch Carbon Steel Wok (here on Amazon) recently after much Review Searching for the all the Other Woks. They all had their faults, but the end choice was a Carbon Steel Wok, like Asian Restaurants all use. Next I decided I needed heavy Duty Wok Tools, like a metal Ladle and a metal Spatula. These were a good price, and Stainless Steel. When I opened the package for the Tools, they looked exactly like the photo,.....Stainless metal...with wood handles. The metal part is heavy Duty and should last quite a while,....BUT...(here's why they got a 4 stars rating instead of a 5 stars rating), the other reviewers that complained that the wood part of the handles are flimsy, or came apart, is because the TAPERED wood dowel that slips into the TAPERED metal handle was NOT pushed all the way in as it should have been, and THEN secured with a small steel nail. The result is a wood dowel slightly flopping about inside the metal part. The wood on BOTH tools was so loose it is ridiculous for any assembler to NOT have noticed,....but,...they didn't... I simply pulled out the small nail from the hole in the metal with needle-nosed pliers, poked the TAPERED dowel tightly into the TAPERED metal handle, and rammed the wood on the counter-top several times to really ram it in tight. Then tapped the small nail back into the hole in the metal, and into the dowel. Problem solved. Total repair time 3 minutes.

NOW they are worth a 5 star rating.
on January 19, 2017
I would give 3.5 stars if I could but, you can't.
I think the steel portions on these are GREAT!. I do have a problem like many others here who bought these though. The wooden handles Will come off. I'm going to have to drill and put a small stainless steel screw in each to keep them on. No real big deal considering how well made the rest of the product is.
I will most likely purchase the larger professional version of these at a later date and then not even worry if the handles do the same thing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.