- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B00DIEZQWM
- Average Customer Review: 16 customer reviews
Stainless Steel Blind Rivet, Meets IFI Grade 50, Inch
|Price:||$4.16 - $32.49|
|Specification Met||IFI Grade 50|
|Brand Name||Small Parts|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Blind rivets provide a way to join parts together when you don't have access to both sides. They consist of a rivet (a hollow body with a head) and a mandrel (a thin nail with a bulbed end). Rivets require a setting tool for installation. Riveted joints are strong, tight, and extremely reliable. How to install a blind rivet. Insert the rivet through a hole that passes through both materials being joined. Using a rivet tool with the same size nosepiece as the rivet diameter, grip the mandrel and pull the trigger or lever. The tool pulls the mandrel through the rivet, deforming the rivet's body and breaking off the excess mandrel.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
"* 300 Series Stainless Steel Rivet, 300 Series Stainless Steel Mandrel: Hi-shear stainless steel/stainless steel blind rivets provide the strongest and most pure fastening power. They improve the quality of the finished product with a neat surface. Both the rivet body and mandrel are stainless steel and meet or exceed IFI 114, Grade 51 specifications
* 300 Series Stainless Steel Rivet, Coated Steel Mandrel: Stainless steel/steel blind rivets are an economical alternative to all stainless steel rivets offering the same shear and tensile strengths. These rivets meet or exceed IFI 114, Grade 50 specifications. The rivet body is stainless steel alloy and the mandrel is steel and zinc plated with a clear chromate coating"
This description agrees with what I saw from the package description. Amazon does sell the Grade 51 stainless blind rivets and they aren't that much more expensive. I had bought these for assembling stainless steel hand rail for a deck. I have not yet installed them, but am concerned on the mandrel remnant eventually bleeding rust despite the coating.
I hope that this helps someone else.
Stainless is very strong.