Stainless Steel Skillet with Glass Cover - 12 Inch - Induction Compatible - 30 x 6.8 cm - Multipurpose Use for Home Kitchen or Restaurant - Chef’s Choice
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Premium stainless-steel cookware with solid stainless-steel riveted handle provides efficient and even heat distribution which makes sticking and burning less likely; premium steel blend resists pitting and scorching to maintain its lustre over time
- Close-fitting lid holds in moisture which locks in flavors and nutrients as you cook
- Season the skillet using any type of oil to make it non-stick; in order to avoid sticking and achieve the best results, heat the skillet for 2 to 3 minutes before adding oil to cook
- Stainless steel cooking surface maintains its color, doesn't react with food or alters flavors
- The skillet is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Premium Cookware! This 100% stainless steel skillet is the cornerstone of every kitchen. This premium cookware is built with the highest quality stainless steel, which enables even and efficient heat distribution. This heavy and durable skillet is non-reactive, keeping the flavors natural and tasty. It is perfect for frying, searing, and browning foods. Designed with high, straight sides and a smaller surface area, this skillet holds heat well and limits evaporation.
• High-Quality Stainless Steel
• Induction Compatible
• Even and Efficient Heat Distribution
• Close-Fitting Lid
• Dishwasher Safe
Cooking and Seasoning Instructions:
• In order to avoid the food from sticking, preheat the skillet for 2 to 3 minutes before adding oil to cook
• Heat the skillet to a slightly hot temperature, then put some oil in and let it evaporate to season the skillet. Clean it with a paper towel after cooling to make the surface non-stick
Showing 1-5 of 442 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My favorite thing is that the bottom is plenty wide, I can easily fry 3 large eggs.
Below I list the PROS and personal experiences with this pan:
1) Getting this pan to be NON stick:
So I went to YouTube and found a video about how to get a Stainless Pan to be NON STICK. I found this instructional video by typing in the searchbox:
How to Season a Stainless Steel Pan Advanced
After watching that video, I followed the directions and now my pan is NON STICK much like my old Teflon pans were when they were new (and unscratched) !
*** Note: Seasoning this pan is essential to getting it to be NON stick. And preheating it before adding oil also keeps it NON stick.
> I first preheat the pan on medium high for 45 seconds to 1 minute BEFORE I add my olive oil. Then I cook on medium, never high. I add a bit more oil if needed.
I never cook on HIGH, instead, I use medium to medium high, but never high because the food never STICKS and it seals in the flavor.
> I never take my eyes off this pan while food is cooking.
> Also, I turn the heat off during the last minute of cooking, and food is just right and the food is very flavorful.
I use it for frying, stews, spaghetti sauce, and I even used it for making a large omelette. Also, my fried eggs or Frittata never STICKS as they come right out of this pan.
3) Cleaning this pan: To keep the NON STICK after seasoning, I wipe the pan with paper towel and then I rinse the pan in hot water. Then I wipe it dry with soft dishcloth.
The glass lid I wash with hot water, sometimes I wash in dishwasher.
4) Cover let's me see the progress of my dish. Also I love that it has a vent.
Now about the seasoning...How often do I season it? I season it about every three to four weeks or if I notice foods begin to stick.
Would I purchase this pan all over again? Yes, in a heartbeat because now I prefer it over my old Teflon or Ceramic pans.
Well, I hope that my review has helped you in your decision about possible purchase of this pan. I highly recommend this pan.
I have always bought non-stick pans before and I'd never had a stainless steel pan. This required a different style of cooking than I'm used to. For the first week or two, my food stuck to the bottom and burned. Oooh, I would groan at the ruined food and the hard scrubbing I would have to do! But, wowza, does this thing clean easily!! It doesn't even need a scrub! You know those commercials where you just wipe it out under water? THIS is that in real life, even with burnt food. I love the clean-up! It's the easiest pan to clean that I've ever had.
As for the burnt food, that's no fault of the pan. I'm just used to cooking with non-stick pans, which don't require preheating or anything like that. So I googled some tips about how to cook with this pan, and after a couple of trials and errors, it's second nature. I highly highly recommend this pan:
-It cooks evenly.
-The sides slope up nicely, with enough of a slant that there aren't tough grooves.
-It's deep, which is a bit of a luxury.
-The glass lid is pretty and clear and also easy to clean.
-Surprisingly, the handle of the pan does not get hot. I thought I would have to use a potholder on it, but it's great!
-It's a beauty. look at that thing!
-It's heavier than I'm used to so for those who use one had to hold and pour, while the other is scooping things out with a spatula, it'll take a little bit of muscle. Is it REALLY a con though? After a couple of weeks, my arm adjusted to the weight.
-If you're not used to cooking in a stainless steel pan, you'll have a bit of a trial & error period. Google how to do it and you'll adjust soon enough.
One thing I would definitely keep an eye on is the glass lid. The seal between the glass and the metal has an opening and water can get trapped in there. Haven't experienced it yet but I can imagine that overtime the water will rust the lid if it's not clean and dried properly. However, with any serious kitchenware, it comes with the territory of basic maintenance i.e. clean and dry pans.