Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 104 reviews
on October 9, 2007
After 2 weeks using it for 4-5 times per week & 45 minutes each time, this unit works great. The squeaking noise was little annoying but it went away after I WD-40ed it. For those of you couldn't figure out how to oil this thing, the cable connectors were creating the squeaking sound. Find the two cable ends & just WD-40 them, the sound should go away.
22 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2014
its small, taking up very little space, but it does the trick when you need a quick workout. I jump on there for 20 minutes and will be able to do over 2000 steps and find my legs burning... its a different workout from a stair climber, but its still a great workout. I am currently training for a stair climb and this stepper comes in very handy!
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2008
This stepper is absolutely perfect! I was looking for a stepper with strong resistance, a timer and step counter, and one that is sturdy and well constructed for a good price. Honestly, this stepper does all of that and much more. It has great resistance, but if you are looking to change resistance, this does not do that. The workout is also great. Honestly after 100 steps you can really feel it working. I have been using it roughly 5 times a week, 1000 steps each time and I can already see and feel a difference in my legs (thighs and calfs) and but. The lower body really responds well to this stepper and things are just tightening up! The other great thing about it is that you have to balance yourself and stand up straight without depending on handle bars (this is very easy to do)making it a better workout all around. Sometimes there is a soft sound, not a squeek, I really dont know how to explain it, but it is so minimal that I dont even notice it and it does not happen all of the time, but just to be clear it will not wake anyone up or disturb anyone. I am so happy with my purchase. The price is great and the product is worth so much more than the cost. It is definetly worth the buy!
on June 16, 2011
I am enjoying my stepper but originally it was purchased with my husband planning on using it as well. He will not be able to use it. The foot peddle is adaquate for my feet (woman's size 9.5-10) but his feet do not fit safely so he will not be using it. Full disclosure -- he wears men's 13. The peddles are 10.5 inches from the very tip top of the curved front to the back edge. Hope this helps in your decision making.
on December 1, 2007
While I have only used this a few times so far, each time I've used it for only a few minutes, my heartbeat would start racing... which is great, because it shows you can get a decent cardiovascular workout without trekking out into the cold or paying a lot to go to a gym.

I have very little space and a treadmill is just not an option... so this is a great alternative. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because you can't adjust the resistance of the steps, which would be ideal. But the resistance is just hard enough to make it a workout... it's not too difficult (it took me a couple tries to realize if you step faster it's easier and a better workout.)

*WARNING: If you are over 250lbs, don't buy this! The instructions say that it will not support anyone 250+ lbs... just thought you guys should know beforehand.
on October 10, 2011
The problem with this item is two-fold. First, it heats up quite a bit and as it heat up offers less resistance, so it is not like a large stepper which maintains a steady resistance. Secondly, the angle changes - look at the picture - when you are up, your toe is down, and when you're down, your toe is up. This is hard on your ankles after time. So sad to say, this was not a good solution for us, as enticing as the price was, it was not worth it.
on November 30, 2009
This stepper is no frills but is inexpensive. It is compact and easy to assemble and use. The user needs to put it next to something which they can hold onto. Many people would find it difficult to use without holding on to something for balance. The biggest fault with it is that there is no way to adjust the tension or amount of force it takes to use it. It starts out pretty stiff and over time, requires less pressure to push down the petals. This is the second one I have had. I wore the first one out. For a compact inexpensive unit, I still think it is a good buy.
on December 1, 2009
First hat's off to amazon for great customer service. we first purchased this product in summer 09 i used it sparingly but then my son started to use it. He used it almost everyday for about 20- 40 minutes each session. after a few months it started to have a loud "rubbing" sound which we couldn't fix. then the right piston failed. i called the company and they said it was past warranty. i called amazon and they were great said they would ship me out a new one asap. we recv'd the new one in a couple days and shipped back the defective one. my son started using it and within 2 weeks the machine created a foul smell when used. then a couple weeks later it started leaking oil from the piston.

this machine is only suited for VERY light use. the concept is great and when it works it's a great machine. I wished the manufacturer spent a little more money for better pistons it would be a winner then . but 2 failures for 2 machines is unacceptable

I would NOT recommend this product
on February 7, 2010
I've just burned 62 calories in 7 minutes, if the counter is working right. My heart rate is mildly elevated and I'm not breathing hard, but if I kept on striding, this could turn into a nice aerobic workout. I bought this stepper to get some exercise while watching exciting online training courses for work ("Increase Office Productivity by Staying Later") and episodes of "Glee" on my computer.

Here are my initial reactions, considering I've had this for about three days. The set-up was OK; I was able to figure it out. When I first went on the stepper, I had the hardest time trying to make the step go all the way down. Either a sedentary lifestyle had turned my leg muscles into jelly or my smaller body frame was the reason (slightly flabby, but not enough weight to push it down). I was able to get moving by taking half steps; and I go faster if my feet are closer to the outside. The counter appears to get it right whether I push all the way down or just halfway.

I also chose this stepper because I wanted something portable that offered exercise in short, guilt-induced spurts. After I eat fatty foods, the guilt hits, and I am suddenly very motivated to move. This can-do attitude lasts for a whole five to ten minutes. Getting on a big treadmill or a hulking elliptical machine seems to demand a half-hour or more, and I can't handle that kind of commitment. The stepper absolves my guilt in a less all-out fashion.

Today, for example, I started off loving myself with a bowl of All-Bran. Then it all went to hell when I moved on to batter-fried fish, fried chicken, two slices of fudge cake and an Oreo McFlurry. After downing the cake, I used the stepper for about 5 minutes and felt a little better. That gives me a total of 12 minutes on the machine today. And from what I've read, the minutes of exercise you get here and there do add up for overall health.

Other things to note...
- A sense of balance is needed to stand on the stepper.

- Once I got on, I was higher than I thought I would be.

-With each step, I feel pressure on my knees, so if you have bad knees, this might not be the machine for you. Heck, in the long term, this might not be the machine for me and my knees!

-Other reviews have mentioned that the stepper was noisy, but mine is quiet, so far.

-I'm not sure which leg muscles are being worked out. Doesn't feel like the core or butt muscles either.

Guess I'll see after a month. If I can keep it up. (The elliptical has laundry hanging on it.)
on May 3, 2011
I just got the stepper today and no complaints so far. I will try and give this a review again after a few months. Mind you I could lose about 30 pounds and I really dislike the gym so I thought this would be a good alternative for starting a work out routine. When I opened the box, it was a very easy set up. At first, your balance is off and it's kind of weird but you get the hang of it quickly. And when you start stepping...don't hit the bottom of the machine everytime, it makes it harder for you to step (don't let the stepper hit the floor basically with each step). The counter is cool, hope mine lasts more than a week compared to these other reviews. I did it for 10 min and was sweating but I'm out of shape. I could see this working your thighs and your core (balencing). I don't think there is a way to change resistance which is fine for someone like me. I could see this being hard on the knees (I have weak knees) but I think if I alternate workouts, I'll be fine using this and losing weight would help my knees and building muscles should strengthen them. Anyway, I find this stepper worth the money so far and was a little nervous about it being crappy after reading some of the reviews. I just have to make sure I send out the warranty. Also, this requires some sturdy sneakers, when you step, your feet are at a pretty steep angle and it makes it much easier with the right sneakers.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.