Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 253 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 303 reviews
on October 23, 2015
I bought an earlier model of this folder stepper about 10 years ago. I am about 200 pounds and really put the stepper through a lot of workouts. I got lots of steady use out of it training for stair climbing races and just trying to keep fit. I would still have it if I did not move and had to leave it behind.

In about three months of use, the current model seems as steady and solid as my old model. There are several updates that improved on the previous version.

First, the new model makes it much easier to install the meter that tracks your session statistics. With the old one, the wire had to be fed into metal tube, connected to another wire, and then sealed up. The new model has the wires on the outside and they simply snap together.

The other improvement is the meter works much better. With the older model, there would be times when the meter missed steps or shut down and restarted. I would always use a wrist watch in conjunction with the meter just in case the thing stopped. In several months of workouts on the new model I have not had any problems.

The only ding I would give the stepper has to do with installing the handlebar grips. The long padded tubes need to be forced down over the metal handlebars. It is not that hard, but it does take some work. I wish the pads would be added before they ship the thing. But this is a one time small issue. Once the stepper is set up, it is great.
on August 14, 2017
So this is very easy to put together. Now I know with reading the reviews some people complained about the foam grips for the handlebars was hard. I put the soap on and it was still hard for me to slide on. Tht was my workout...lol all said it's a nice stepper. Update, so I was on it and sometimes if your going down to far it hits the bottom, it's annoying. I try not to but still it happens. So for now I put socks on the end and tucked them in, so now no sound. I'll do it just for now until I completely stop. This machine will give you a good workout. Would recommend for anyone. After one week of exercise one hour in the morning and one hour in at night, my thighs have went down. My sister even noticed, my legs are a little sore but thts expected. I stretch before each time I get on.
review image review image review image
on November 18, 2015
Good machine! I wish I was tougher, The "pebbled" design on the pedals is a little hard on your feet and the contact knobs on the bottom of the pedals are noisy but I fixed that by pulling some of my old socks over the pedals and now it's fine!
on February 21, 2015
This is okay....it is very hard to use. It doesn't really adjust so when you go to step it takes quite a while before your foot goes down. If you were looking to stair step to music forget it. This is like the slow motion stair stepper...and I am 145 lbs. I can't imagine being a small person trying to use this.
on October 1, 2016
Poorly designed and cheaply made. Only lasted 3 months and there is unbearable squeaking with each step. The customer service is non existent and warranty is a complete joke. Given the way they handle complaints and requests for assistance One could only conclude that the manufacturer doesn't even bother to stand behind their product.
on June 9, 2015
My review is subjective of course but this stepper does not seem to provide a challenging workout. I got it for low-impact purposes since I had back surgery. None-the-less I was looking for a challenging work out. The range of motion is pretty short (5'11 male). Also, after 3 minutes of use the right piston squeaked pretty loudly every step and I also got this machine to be quiet so I can workout while the kids slept. It may be good for others but for an average fit male or someone wanting a quiet workout this may not be for you.
on April 18, 2014
This is everything we wanted. The price was right, the size and weigh were right, and it was something that could be easily stored away so it isn't a piece of furniture in some room. The reason why I gave it a 4 out of 5 instead of 5/5 is because of the hydraulic cylinders. When you first get on the machine the pedals have a certain amount of friction and it's stiffer, but as they warm up the pedals move easier. This isn't a bad thing, it's kind of a good way to warm up and get into it before the machine becomes harder, but when you set the resistance level you kind of expect it to stay where it's set at.

One other thing is that, like other reviewers stated, adding the pads to the handles were hard. Very hard. I added different oils/sprays to try and help them guide on. That helped a little bit, and without it would've been impossible, but it did take 30 minutes to an hour and a lot of muscle to get them on.

I purposefully waited 2 months to review because I was worried reading the other reviews that the machine would break. I even kept the box "just in case". So far the machine hasn't shown any wear and tear what-so-ever. I'll update if it breaks or anything, but at this price if it breaks in say a year or so I would probably just buy another one.
on March 1, 2016
Love this thing---perfect for when I need to work out but don't have the time to go all the way to the gym. It folds up easily so I can store it in the corner of my living room and set up in front of the tv when I'm ready for a workout. It does get a little squeaky after about 20 minutes or so and I really wish it had a spot for a water bottle---but it is a great product for the price!
on May 6, 2015
very nice product. easy to put together although the instructions seems to be off a bit.
The only issue I have is as you are stepping, the steps hits atop of the foot bar as you ride it. So I hear clunk clunk with each step. I just try to avoid allowing the steps to hit while stepping up and down.
on January 16, 2011
I've had this stair stepper for about a year now and it's still doing great. It works as well as the day I got it and provides a great little workout!

The only two downsides are these: The foam wrapped around the hydraulic pistons tends to get hot after a good 30 minutes and it gives off a slight odor. At one point, the odor was intense but I believe I hadn't used the stepper for a few months. The machine also has a noticeable squeak to it that can be quite irritating to some. But, machines squeaking has never bothered me and I haven't even attempted to oil any parts of it.

Despite the two minor issues, this machine is definitely for the economical and it's a steal for the price!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.