Industrial Deals Beauty Prime Book Box Prime Day Lead Up nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Get 4 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99. Prime member exclusive. New subscribers only. Just $7.99/month after. Terms apply. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $1.99 rentals for Prime members 1.99 rentals for Prime members 1.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Devices Starting at $29.99 All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 22, 2017
My wife and I got this a few months ago and love it. We did a lot of research and are more than happy that we settled on this. We each use it 2-3 times a week and I'm 6'1" and 210 lbs. We also both do super sets where we really test its durability. The assembly was a breeze (maybe took 20 minutes total) and love that it folds up. The best feature is that this is dead SILENT. No noise whatsoever (we are always either watching TV or playing music with no issue hearing). It also has more than enough resistance levels....I haven't even sniffed the top level and it's plenty for me to get the heart rate going. Highly recommend this rower!
15 people found this helpful
on April 19, 2017
After two weeks of using our Stamina Avari Programmable Magnetic Exercise Rower, we (my husband and I) are satisfied with our purchase. We aren't over the moon, but we're satisfied.

First, a little about our fitness level: Hubby is in perfect "dad bod" shape (which I quite like). He's fit enough to do just about whatever he wants, but he could stand to lose five pounds. I am overweight--not obese, and my exercise over the last thirty-some years has come from trips between the computer chair and quilting chair. I hate sweating, moving, and being outside. I'm not just out-of-shape: I am never-in-shape.

I assembled the rowing machine myself in half an hour. The instructions were clear and easy to follow. All of the parts were included, although the pack that contained our nuts and bolts had burst open during shipping.

The machine itself is easy to use and is mostly comfortable for 30-minute rowing session. I was worried about the seat being uncomfortable based on other reviews, and we haven't noticed it as hard or soft or anything really, so it's fine. When using correct form, the machine performs well. I am not a huge fan of how difficult the initial part of the pull is due to this being a magnetic machine versus an air/water rower, but the tradeoff is a silent machine. As long as you don't slam forward in the catch position (which you shouldn't do anyway!), this really is a silent machine.

I use the heart rate monitor with the heart rate workout mode, and it's fantastic at keeping me in the sweet spot for a workout that isn't too hard or too easy. The hardest levels are much harder than I need, and the easiest level is great for a warm-up or cool-down. My husband has no qualms about the difficulty on either end, which is nice.

We give the Stamina Avari Programmable Magnetic Exercise Rower a solid 4 stars, removing half a star for the loud beeping noises with every push of a button, and another half star for a somewhat narrow handle. Another inch on either side would be very welcome! We did not receive any discount for this review.
9 people found this helpful
on September 30, 2016
Nicely made- Assembly was super easy- if you have tools I suggest making the process even easier by using metric wrenches vice the supplied wrenches but even with those the product is very easy to assemble. The parts and material are of high quality and the fit and finish is substantially good. I am 6'4 with 34 inch inseam x 250lbs and I can fully extend. My wife is 5'7 128 lbs and is a fitness buff. I rowed in school. Even with the big differences between my wife and I (I am a monster- she is not) transitioning/set up for her workout or mine is very easy. I think I'd be 100% on board if I could get just a little bit more resistance. I also seem to prefer the water or air resistance type rowers because the resistance is variable more effort more resistance but the magnetic is constant resistance until the cycle changes. I knew that when I purchased so can't fault the machine.

Overall if you are looking for a great piece of gear for training this is the way to go. The rower at least for me seems to provide a relaxing exercise that is actually very beneficial. Aside from swimming laps I personally think rowing is the best all around exercise. You aren't wrecking your joints, the benefit of using large muscle groups and increasing your cardio fairly rapidly is a huge plus. And since increasing decreasing your heart rate to ensure you are at your most beneficial BPM is really easy- you simply increase or decrease your effort a little and you are right where you need to be at all times. I have been fairly rough on my body over the years and rowing is a great way to rehab from a surgery or injury and while I am not smart enough to understand why it is but rowing is one of the rare exercises where you can absolutely push yourself really hard and still feel relaxed and really good.
9 people found this helpful
on August 11, 2013
I've had this rower for a few days now and feel I should say something about my impressions. First, the size is perfect for smaller places. I have a small place and can use this almost anywhere. Second, it's whisper quiet. I live in a town home and I'm not worried a bit about disturbing my neighbors. It's really that quiet. Third, and the best part, it has a wide range of resistance. This seems to be an issue with other rowers. You'll get whatever workout your looking for. It does fold up and will fit in most closets. It also has wheels to help move it around. These are tiny, and won't help much on carpet. It's also fairly heavy. This is part of its quality which is rock solid as far as I can see right now. I mention the weight because if you need to move this around your going to have to be physically fit enough to do this.

I will say I looked all over for the best rower for my needs, and this far surpasses what I was expecting for a personal rower. Plus it's one of the best body workouts you can get.

72 people found this helpful
on May 5, 2016
I have been using the Stamina Avari Magnetic Rower for over a month now. I am extremely happy with the product. This is my first foray into serious rowing, so take my opinion for what it's worth. One thing I think everyone will like is how quiet it is! Since resistance is determined by a magnetic set-up it is crazy quiet. I could be rowing in my bedroom and most likely not wake my wife.

I really like the pre-programmed "courses", it offers variety without having to spend a ton of time trying to program it yourself. However, there are 4 (I think) slots available for the user to make customized courses. I haven't done that yet so I cannot comment on the process. The pre-programed courses allow for on the fly adjustment (difficulty) whilst maintaining the same pattern.

Finally, a little about my personal situation as it may help someone like me:
I had back surgery (lower, fusion) and it didn't really help my situation. Over the years I have been able to do less and less physical work/exercise because of my back. I had been trying to work out at the local gym for a couple years, but there was nothing there that wouldn't eventually get to my back and cause me to have to take a break. What I was wanting was a full-body work-out (basically) with low/no impact and no torso-twisting...I was asking a lot. Then I started looking into rowing machines. The gym I belonged to didn't have any, and there weren't any in the stores around me. So I did a ton of research, talked to medical folks I knew--basically I did everything I could to find out if rowing would be detrimental to my back.

I ended up buying this rower on Amazon without ever having rowed once. I know I could have tracked down a rower to test out before I bought it, but the reality is that I wouldn't be able to tell how my back was going to handle it until I did it for a continuous amount of time. It didn't feel like a gamble because I felt confident of the research I had done. I actually learned that if I took the pains to work on proper form (posture and the stroke) it would actually help strengthen my core and help ease some of my specific back issues. I'm writing this review because it has really helped me so far. I took the first 2 weeks to just work on my form. I didn't worry about distance, time, calories, heart-rate...anything, I just worked on making my body get into the habit of sitting and rowing properly. It soon became a natural position and since then I've been rowing a couple miles every day, and I'm slowly working my way up from there. I hope this helps someone else like myself. I feel like I've found something that I can work into being a normal part of my lifestyle and I don't have to go to a gym or leave my house. The machine itself folds up and has built in wheels that allow for easy storage moving. I've heard many people complain about the seat, it hasn't bothered me one bit (except for the time I rowed wearing jeans--DON'T!). It seems like a well-built, sturdy machine that I should get many years use out of.
14 people found this helpful
on February 28, 2018
This is a two part story.
Part 1, box came in with head sized holes kicked in it. The on-board computer was hanging by it's wiring harnesses and never did boot up after assembly. Assembly was easy, fast and all parts fit perfectly. Called Stamina and person shipped me a new computer ASAP.
Part 2. New computer installed, everything works now and it's wonderful. I'm still working at moving up to the 10 minute straight mark, but I am feeling the change in my left knee (total knee replacement), now working my right knee for surgery in April. This is a great machine. Buy this machine for a great work out.
**Needs better packaging, needs a simple piece of scotch tape to tie the computer down on the console to avoid sending out new ones.**
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 17, 2018
I am a casual user, middle aged mom, living in an apartment. I bought the rower because I was looking to complement my treadmill routine with some upper body work and have something at home to use in inclement weather. I’ve had it for a few months.

EASE OF ASSEMBLY: Assembly was VERY easy. Actually, my 11 year old son did almost all of it with just a bit of coaching from me.

FUNCTION: SO smooth! I just love the fluid feel of pulling the rope with just the right amount of self-adjusting tension. Both my son and I use it while watching TV, and it makes both activities so much more enjoyable. I kind of wish there was a way to change the hand position instead of just using the horizontal bar, but they all seem to be designed that way.

DESIGN QUALITY: Very sturdy. Looks and feels like this unit will last for a long time. There is practically no noise - I don't have to worry about disturbing my apartment neighbors. My only complaint is the Velcro strips that hold the feet in place. They do the job well enough, but 1) once I go through the “sticky” production of getting strapped in, it’s a pain to get out again – so make sure to have the remote and water close at hand before starting! – 2) not sure how long these straps will really hold up. I’d love to have something that it is stronger and easier to manage.

PROGRAMMING: I haven’t used anything but the manual program, so I can’t comment on the more complex fitness routines. But the electronic unit is simple enough to use, easy to see, and within reach while in use (which is good since you can’t get your feet out of the straps to move closer). Also, you can still row without it if you don’t have electricity nearby.

PORTABILITY: The one real disappointment. I was planning to fold up the unit and roll it into a corner when not in use. In reality, it is practically impossible to roll on the carpet. I end up storing it by folding and then just shoving it over a few inches after use. At least it folds easily. But it lives in an awkward spot in the room.

THE SEAT: There is a lot of mixed opinion about the seat on other reviews, so I have to weight in. I really thought it was fine, but my son hated it (maybe it's because he has less natural padding!), so I ended up buying a padded gel seat. He likes it better so I leave it in place. But if he loses interest, I'll probably take it off.

FITNESS: I’m not an aggressive fitness guru, but I do work up a good sweat as I row for 30 minutes while I watch TV. As a full time desk worker, I was really feeling the poor posture, endurance and strength effects of never doing any upper body work. After only a few weeks, I felt much stronger in my back and core, and my pants fit better.

Overall I am very happy with this unit. Even with the flimsy foot straps and having to look past the folded-up bar that sticks up in the middle of the room, I still give it 5 stars.
review imagereview image
on February 3, 2017
Super easy to put together, very few parts, a 20 minute project. While one of the things that attracted me to this machine was the easy fold up and store feature shown in the video, it is not as easy as the video makes it appear. There is a sizable round handle/bolt at the base/neck where the rail meets the main body that must be removed by hand prior to articulating the rail up for storage. This handle/bolt is very difficult/slow to turn. Once out it folds as shown in the video. Note that I've had this rower for a day, so it is possible that the handle/bolt will become easier to turn in time.

I weigh 235 Lbs and this machine didn't act like it cared, at all. Quiet, fluid, no squeaks or shimmies. Cord length is good, and unit is super quiet. So quiet you can actually hear the TV without having to turn it up louder than normally required.
on February 5, 2016
Review after one month - Purchased after 10-year old entry level Phoenix Power Rower gave up the ghost after some 9 years of use. Loss 10 lbs. using the Avari 5 days a week, 3 days intervals (5, 9 minute cycles) and 2 days steady state (70 minutes at 75-80% of max HR). Caution: for dropping the pounds, rowing alone, without reducing calories is wishful thinking.

The machine: It's super quite. I work out in the mornings while my wife sleeps 10 feet away. It's relatively easy to put together, It took me about 30 minutes. The build quality seems to be consistent with this price point and should be good for the long haul. What I don't necessarily like is the angle and low height off the floor. I'm 6' 1" and no problem with extending out. The heart-rate monitor is a must for serious training. It just keeps you honest; allows you to maximize your training time and gage progress. In fact, I generally love the computer, except the calorie counter is a joke, coming no where close to my Fitbit estimate.

Would have preferred more resistance, especially doing interval training (modified program 7), but make no mistake about it, this thing will work you! Will cut back on the rowing machine as I transition over to cycling, my real passion.
on March 27, 2014
Very nice rowing machine. Got it for Xmas 2013 and I use it regularly for half hour workouts. It works great and unless you are an Olympic competition rower, the resistance levels are good enough for a good workout. It was easy to assemble and it's very easy to program your personal workouts (it ha options for 3 different ones). Very good value for the money.
I need to note that this is the second machine I received from Amazon, since the first one was defective. The magnetic resistance motor was not working. I returned it to Amazon with no problem at all and no questions asked. The second one arrived and it was perfect. Great customer service from Amazon.
6 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.