Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 77 reviews
on January 28, 2016
We bought this for our two youngest sons, they both have a huge artistic talent. They loved both of the Marvel books we bought on how to draw. My husband who is also a very talented artist also loved the books. They not only have the drawing picture parts, but also a lot of other information on the characters, Stan Lee etc,,,,,
on May 15, 2016
I was so happy when this came in the mail sooner then expected. Its in great condition. I mistook this book though for Tehran Stan Lee book that was at my art college and accidentally bought the wrong one. It has great tips on how to make comics and storytelling at least a little bit which includes panels and perspective( WHICH I'M SUPER GLAD BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I WANTED) Although it doesn't go into great detail with the perspective.Also this book is best for later part of intermediate or skilled level of artists. It's definitely not for beginnings.
on February 4, 2014
Don't get me wrong I love Marvel comics. Stan Lee has done amazing work. There is one thing missing. Lacking was various angles in which your hero or villain may find him/herself in. For example viewing your character from the side can be tough. Also hands and feet can be tough. Other wise this book is awesome including how to get published and offered what software is available to enhance your work with computers. Overall I recommend this book.
on November 11, 2013
This is a great "reference book" for those in and trying to get into the comic book business. I found it very interesting, but I believe the title is misleading. The book doesn't really cover a whole of drawing fundamentals like "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way". I think Stan was trying to recapture the magic from that book and this one just doesn't.

With that being said, the book has a ton of information for those already involved in comics either professionally or as a hobby. If you are beginner, I would recommend you get this book only if you have already read some of the basic books out there, such as "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way".
on December 23, 2010
I bought this for my nine year old grandson, who is really into drawing. He loved the book, but it is for older students who are better readers with some previous art instruction. I think that he will grow into the book, but is definitely challenged by the book at his age.
on November 11, 2016
Great history lessons and how to illustrations!
on July 30, 2017
Stan Lee is awesome, so was the book!
on May 7, 2015
My son loves this book. He is a huge fan of Stan Lee's, so I'm sure that helps. He said he learned a good deal from reading it and is applying it to his comics.
on July 30, 2015
Incredibly helpful technical knowledge presented and fantastic recommendations for products that a beginning graphic novelist can put to good use.
on June 13, 2016
This is a really neat book. I purchased one for my first grandson when he was very young. He is now 26 and a great artist.
I bought this one for a talented 7 year old grandson who loves it. Only wish it had a coil binding so it could lay flat while using it.
But they had no complaints actually.