BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on April 6, 2017
Awesome fav from childhood
on February 17, 2014
Make no mistake, this is a sad story with four kids who have home problems and are misfits who all band together to make their own in-group. The acting in such young people is superb, most notably by the late, great River Phoenix. It pulls at the heartstrings at times, and can also enrage you at other times. There are also laughs included, but it's a serious piece with all the poignancy that you'd expect from Rob Reiner, a director's director. I recommend this highly, but I would not suggest it for anyone under the age of 14. I know-the kids who are the actors are probably under 14, but that's the business of their parents and one hopes that they do not all go out as did River Phoenix. Wil Wheaton seems to have made it. Get this film because you won't be disappointed.
on April 7, 2017
cant beat the classics
on July 13, 2015
This movie takes place during the time that I was growing up, so I knew all the references to people and songs of the day. I relived my youth by watching this movie. It is about a boy killed by a train and the four pals that go looking for the body. Their older brothers, all teenagers, try to stop them from finding it. If you remember "Have Gun, Will Travel" and "Paladin", you will love this movie. If you want a course in early American modern culture and see how your fathers and grandfathers grew up, watch it.
on August 18, 2017
good movie BUt Amzn vid is so horrible coulnt watch it
on August 6, 2016
Already had the DVD version, which is very inferior to the blu-ray version. The blu-ray version is far superior.
on June 27, 2017
The boy wasn't sleeping - the boy was dead. Perfect!
on September 9, 2016
This is a movie I saw growing up as a kid. I had forgotten about it until I heard a song from the sound track. I immediately got it so I could watch it with my son. It didn't disappoint. Some things are just universal. Go for it!
on July 4, 2017
Great family movie one of my favorites out there.
on August 30, 2014
One of the 'good' Stephen King adaptations. Maybe the best. For me, King is only mediocre at horror. His real strength has always been character building. This may be one of the quintessential growing up movies. It's timeless.
Think of another movie that got four kids to deliver amazing acting performances in the same film (ok, maybe Potter films...). It's just a nice piece of filmmaking and storytelling that sadly, we rarely get anymore. The disc is packed with extras.