|Print List Price:||$13.99|
Save $10.00 (71%)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Stand-In Saturday: (A standalone romcom. Book 2 in the Love For Days series) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- "Stand-in Saturday is the perfect mix of sweet, sassy and hilarious. Super adorable and a fantastic light-hearted read!" - T Gephart, USA Today Bestselling Author
- "Funny, sexy, brilliant. I was rooting for Theo and Lucie from the moment they met. Five million stars!" - Natasha Preston, #1 New York Times bestselling author
- "I fell absolutelyin love with Theo from the very first chapter. Kirsty Moseley really is the queenof book boyfriends." - R.J. Prescott, USA Today bestselling author
- "Kirsty Moseley knocks it out the park with this 5-star read. A wildly funny, laugh out loud, beautiful story. Theo is pure nerdy, hot perfection, and everyone needs a Lucie to be their best friend. You really root for these two. Their enchanting, goofy love story is such a fun ride, my cheeks ached from smiling so hard. This series is a must for everyone who likes to laugh while falling head over heels in love with the characters." - Ker Dukey, International bestselling Author
- "This five star read has it all - classic British laugh out loud humour, steamy romance and a bad guy ex, what more could you want? Hot guys you say? Hell yes, it has those too!" - Ava Manello, Author of the Severed MC Series
- "The fast paced story kept me reading until I was upset it was over. I laughed so much at certain parts, I scared the cats who were sleeping on my lap." - M.B. Feeney, Author of Her Best Friend's Brother
- "Truly amazing! Can I give it more than 5 stars? One of the best books I've read." - Author Violet Peters
- "I don't even know where to begin. Perfection is impossible to describe with words other than Eek, Ahh and swoon." - Maisy, Hawthorn Book Reviews
- "This is one story that you honestly must not miss!! Stand-In Saturday is EPIC!! PHENOMENAL!! And I seldom use those words in my reviews! Stand-In Saturday is one of those books that I would love to award more than five stars to." - Ann, Literary Lust
- "5+ stars. This is a beautifully written, funny, sexy, addictive book." - A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
- "Warning: Do not read this with people near you because you sure are gonna be labelled as a lunatic afterwards. (Based on personal experience)" - Read Your Books Blog
- "What a perfect light hearted but emotionally resonant story - rom com gold!" - The Romantic Rush blog
- File size : 3616 KB
- Publication date : September 28, 2020
- Word Wise : Enabled
- ASIN : B08DC5BSG2
- Print length : 233 pages
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Language: : English
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #57,952 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Our story is a classic fake date set-up. While a standalone, fans will be excited to get Theo’s story (the twin brother of our lead from the prior book)- and it is so perfect. Theo is in a bit of a challenging situation. Awkward: not having a date to your brother’s wedding. More awkward: likely getting hit on the whole time by the bride’s Nana. Most awkward: being in love with your brother’s fiance. But, thanks to a faulty elevator, some biscotti donuts, and with a little magic eight ball help, Theo meets the beautiful Lucie, who also finds herself in a bit of a challenging situation- having to be in the presence of her cheating ex-fiance and all their families. The two agree to be each other’s stand-ins for their upcoming events-starting with a dreamy weekend wedding getaway in Scotland for Amy and Jared’s wedding. But soon, the line of what is fake starts to blur for Theo- but isn’t he in love with Amy? And is Lucie still in love with her ex?
This story is just SO fun. The hijinks and playful banter had me laughing out loud, the sweet and charming connection these two have had me swooning, and these interesting and unique characters made me fall in love. Theo is SO ADORABLE- he’s sexy AF but wears his nerdy T-shirts. He’s adventurous, clever, and so charismatic. And Lucie is so amazing- reclaiming her confidence, sassy, incredibly loving and empathetic, and so funny. Both of them are just so well created, so dynamically realized. And their chemistry is ELECTRIC. Both sexy and deep. I’m a stickler for chemistry- and this is some of the best chemistry I’ve ever read. These two just CLICK- and Kirsty does an amazing job of finding both fun and emotional moments to help solidify their connection. So many emotionally intimate moments- but the tone of the book stayed light and fluffy, not too much angst. I can't imagine any more perfectly matched partners, and I could not visualize them with anyone else - that, my friends, is the sign of some amazing chemistry.
I am so in love with this book- it is the perfect mixture of sweet, sexy, and funny. A story with enough depth to make me reflect, enough heart for me to feel touched, and enough fun to keep me smiling. Truly a brilliant rom-com, and I can’t wait for the next one!
PS- what is a biscotti donut and where do I get one?!?!
OMG! I loved this story!! It was just what I needed in these stressful times. A story that had me smiling from the start till the end! It was so funny and entertaining!
The writer Kirsty Moseley started this series (Love for days) with the book ‘Man Crush Monday’ where we met Jared and Amy and where we also met Jared’s brother Theo (the main character in this story). I enjoyed ‘Man Crush Monday’ very much. Jared and Amy were great characters and the story was very entertaining. So my hopes and expectations for the second book were high and I’m so glad that the writer met all of my expectations for this story and even gave me more!
‘Stand-in Saturday’ is the second book in the series and if you really want to, it can be read as a standalone. That’s not a problem but I would recommend that you start with the first book. Not only because that is a great book too but also because book two contains spoilers for book one.
In this story we got both POV’s. I liked that very much. The main characters were both wonderful! Theo was so opposite of his brother Jared. He’s more impulsive, cheerful, very likable, positive, a free spirit, funny, kind, pleasant and creative. Someone that you had fun with in every situation and who would take you on adventures. And Lucie was more his opposite, she’s very organized, hardworking, responsible, dependable but deep down she also had an adventurous, fun side. And when they were together, something just clicked. They always had a great, fun time together and slowly you could feel the sensual tension growing between them. The other, secondary characters brought also fun banter into the story. There were times that I thought, OMG! I’m so glad that that didn’t happen to me and other times that I thought, OMG I wished that would happen to me.
I’m so happy that I started reading this story in the weekend because I didn’t want to stop reading it. I had such fun with it and it read very fluently. I really commend this book and series and I can’t wait to read the third book that will be about Lucie’s roommate and best friend Aubrey.
Top reviews from other countries
Fanning myself, seriously swooning over here. I loved this book, I kind of knew I would as I already loved Theo from Man Crush Monday. Kirsty has done it again bringing these fabulous characters to life with her wonderfully thoughtful, funny and swoon worthy words. She can make you laugh with tears one minute while chewing your nails the next, she truly is a brilliant author.
The sparks that fly between Theo and Lucie are scorching hot, from the looks to the feels I could read about them forever. Lucie is so adorable, her one liners have me literally crying with laughter, twos words "frying pan". She and Theo make a stunning fake couple! Their journey is as hilarious as it is awkward, but they both come through almost unscathed, lift breaking down not included!
It was just gorgeous reading about Jared and Amy, I adore these two. Seeing them get their happy ever after is beautiful. As always Amy's Nanna is just fabulous, anyone with a quirky family member would admit to cringing never knowing what they were going to utter or do!
The Love for Days series is going to be up there with my favourites, it truly is fabulously funny, I can't wait to carry on my journey with these guys and meet new characters along the way. I do enjoy a swoon worthy, humorous read and I can highly recommend this book. ❤️💕❤️
We meet Lucie as she is starting her life over after breaking up with her fiancé Lucas. Moving in with her best friend Aubrey, Lucie is heartbroken and intent on winning back the affections of her ex fiancé... even if he is a cheating moron.
After getting trapped in a lift with Theo (the twin brother of Jared from Man Crush Monday), things suddenly start looking up for Lucie. Striking a deal to be each other’s plus ones at upcoming family events and swearing on the oath of donuts (like there’s any other kind of oath), what occurs from here can only be described as a friendship with some of the most intense chemistry. The dynamic between these two was off the charts hot, yet at the same time they had such a great camaraderie.
With both characters dealing with their own issues - Lucie coming to terms with the end of a toxic relationship and Theo dealing with some unrequited feelings for someone he really shouldn’t have them for - this book was incredible at switching between light hearted humour and hard hitting situations. Sizzling sexual chemistry and two amazing characters, Stand-In Saturday was everything I hoped for in the follow up to Man Crush Monday and more. I cannot wait to read the third book in the series.
There was something deeply relatable about Theo and Lucie. I adored her and after Amy in MCM, I didn't know how the heroine could be topped, but I fell in love with Lucie instantly and could have happily been her friend.
Theo, as expected, was described so well I felt my cooch dance every time he was mentioned topless!
There's a uniqueness about Kirsty Moseley's writing style. Her looks (for me) are like going home to my mum's and having my favourite homecooked meal. I always look forward to the next one, think about the last one longingly, and feel like I've been wrapped in warmth and love during the experience.
Another 5 star piece of brilliance.
Kirsty you have out done yourself again, i cant wait to read the last in the series.
This book had me laughing out loud so many times.