Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 121 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 237 reviews
on December 5, 2016
MUCH BETTER THAN I EXPECTED!! I didn't buy this on CD, or on the 2 CD re master, but waited for this with a Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix... I am so glad I waited! First off, GREAT PACKAGING!! I could go on and on about how cool it looks, but I want to get to the meat.. the music and the separation in the mix.. For an album that is 47 years old, this is a sonic masterpiece! It is really nice to hear bits of subtitle guitar parts that never seemed to escape behind other things. The separation is a delight with each song.. The panning is perfect and isn't there just to show itself off. Mr. Wilson should be considered the absolute master of these 5.1 mixes! (I have four YES releases by Wilson, and they are incredible, but this album is at the top of my favorites of his work..) He obviously loves the projects he takes and it shows in the detail he takes to make them the best.

The acoustic pieces sound clean and balanced. There is high end and no muddiness, but nothing harsh in the EQ. Ian's flute and Martin's solos bounce around like they are finally free... Just a wonderful experience listening to this classic album with today's technology.

There is a wealth of extra material on the DVD and CDS.. I think I should now go back and get the BENEFIT album as well...

If you are on the fence about buying this, and you are a fan of the original release, my suggestion is that you go for it! It's a fair price for all the bonus materials, but more than anything, for the 5.1 surround mixes... GREAT SET!!
on March 9, 2017
I've been slowly acquiring these Steven Wilson remix sets and so far have enjoyed every one of them -- I'm hoping there's going to be more. Listening to the remixes, I'd swear he'd actually managed to nearly duplicate the sound of the original mixes, but on comparison with the originals that turns out to not be true at all -- every time he's improved markedly on the originals, even while sticking to his guns about the techniques and tools he uses. The new mixes are simply more spacious, much clearer, and reveal things hidden in the original mix.

Of course, not content to leave it at that, he's also made sure that a high definition flat transfer of the original album is included, along with a lot of bonus material (some of the remix albums also include the original 1970s quad mix for good measure.)
on January 3, 2017
I have no complaints with the content. When I reviewed the product description I assumed I would be able to extract 96/24 PCM files to play on my portable HD player. Forget it. You can only listen to the content through a video menu on the audio DVD. . . so you are limited to the crappy speakers on your laptop or going through the hassle of loading it in your Blu-Ray and listening over your TV system.

You are not getting accessible PCM files. You are only getting PCM files that can played through a DVD player. The only available PCM extractor I could find would automatically down-sample the resolution to 256 kbs. So you spend lots of money and the only thing you get that you can rip and play is the 44.1 kHz version of the Steven Wilson stereo album, plus some bad sounding live recordings that are worse than others previously made available in past years. At the beginning of the live set, Ian Anderson apologizes for the bad sound to the audience because they are not using their own equipment. The playing is uninspired and rushed as it is clear they were just wanting to get it over with.

To me it is misleading where all these deluxe sets refer to 96/24 track listings that cannot be dowloaded or ripped. They are not clearly identified as being locked into a DVD audio disk and encrypted to make them totally inaccessible. Why f'ing bother? If anyone knows how to get around this without resampling through a DVD "player", please add comments.
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2017
Sound is amazing for a old recording. Almost passed on this one thinking that Benefit had this early Tull covered. Glad I changed my mind. Will get plenty of play. Love the 5.1 mix.
on April 4, 2017
These Steven Wilson Re-Masters are wonderful. I can't applaud this effort enough. For those of us that first got these masterpieces on vinyl these latest iterations are a revelation! Keep Remastering The Masters Steven!
on March 28, 2017
yeah, now I have 4 versions of SU qnd I swear I won't get another but what a fabulous album- great rhythm section (RIP Glenn). Don't buy this for the concert footage
on March 27, 2017
There are a few things on our planet that really makes it worth while to get it out of bed every afternoon,and after several very stressful seconds the correct answer is obvious, it's me and you ! Now stand up and go get STAND UP again, for the first time. Cheers !
review image
on April 3, 2017
The DVD plays like it on the wrong speed. It plays very slow. Like an 33rpm on 16rpm. Has anyone else had this isue? I sent it back for a replacemment I hope it was a defective DVD disc. I am still waiting for replacement.
on April 6, 2017
Prompt delivery and well packaged. A great deal.........Thank you!!!
on April 16, 2017
Fantastic remix by Steve Wilson, I own all the JT/SW remixes, all are fantastic.