Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ape Case Standard Digital SLR Holster Camera Bag (ACPRO650)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Color: Black|Change

on November 2, 2011
Here's an in depth look at why I chose this holster bag over others...

-CONSTRUCTION-
This bag is very well made, durable stitching and high quality zippers. The top handle is nice and feels solid in your hand.

-PADDING-
Thick padding on the inside and visible yellow inside makes it easy to see your DSLR in low light settings.

-PADDED STRAP-
It comes with a removable, padded strap that has a "grippy" texture that is comfortable to wear. Competitors such as Lowepro Toploader and Tamrac holster bags do not come with a padded strap. This is important especially on long trips since the padded strap will be much more comfortable to have over your shoulder for extended periods of time. Excellent strap, however it could've been a little longer.

-WEATHER COVER-
Great feature. Weather cover folds away into the bottom of the case and is attached to the bag so you won't lose it. The cover doesn't completely cover the side of the bag closest to you but this shouldnt be a problem since it covers the top, front, and sides of the bag.

-SIZE-
Great size. I didn't want something too big and the bag is the perfect size for a DSLR with one lens. Fits great with D90 and kit lens but big enough so that if you want to upgrade your lens, there will be enough room.

-CONS-
No side pockets and front pocket is small. I wish that there were more pockets but it does have a front pocket to store small accessories like a spare battery, lens cloth, or filter. Front pocket does not have too much space but is adequate.

Strap could be a little longer. At max length it goes down to my waist when wore across my shoulder and I'm about 5'10"

5/5 I highly recommend this bag!!
on July 29, 2011
I bought this case for everyday walk around, It has good and well positioned pockets to store your sd memory, extra battery, lens cleaner tissues, small items mostly. Its a great bag, easy to carry and in some way discrete. My only observation would be to make a correction in the "top access flap" photo that shows a black net pocket, where actually there is only two small memory pockets. I can fit easy and comfortable my Sony alpha 500 and 16-80 zoom (4" long, about 10 cm long )with lens hood attach (12 cm long total) along with the camera strap. I only change the case strap for a smaller one but the one that comes with the case is excellent also.
review image
on October 2, 2012
This is an exceptionally well crafted holster bag. Everything about it screams quality, particularly the padding, zipper seal and inner lining. The integrated rain cover is icing on the cake, and came in handy a few times during a recent month long trip. I've been carrying a Canon T3i plus attached EF-S 15-85mm lens and hood with room to spare, which I use to store my RF remote trigger kit and padded camera strap. Except in the case of a really long lens, you can suspend your camera above the bottom of the bag using the movable (velcro) platform wedges. In my case, I didn't even need to reverse the lens hood, which was really convenient. The front pouch is great for thin items like filters, lens cleaners or extra memory cards. You could probably shove a spare battery in there. The inside of the top flap has two additional pockets sized for memory cards, which is where I put mine. The fact that the top flap opens away from your body was also appreciated. Really, I have nothing bad to say about this bag. At all.
on September 12, 2014
Good: Nice, minimal fit for my medium DSLR (canon 70d) with medium zoom lens (18-135) with lens hood on. Not too tight but not too much extra room. Seems to be well made. I like that it has a rain protector hidden in a lower pocket, but it'd be better if the case itself was weatherproof (is it that hard? Case Logic claims theirs is...)

Not so great: Pretty minimal pocket space outside the main compartment. Enough for a battery, a lens brush, memory. Not enough room for a lens blower, or other bulkier accessories. (Certainly no room for another lens, but you wouldn't want that in a holster.)

BAD: Strap. It's too short. I am not a big person (5'6"), and if you use it as a shoulder strap (isn't that how everyone uses it?) the camera will come nowhere near your hip. I have it adjusted to be as long as possible and still had to extend it with a couple of carabiners. That's ridiculous. Some reviews noted a well padded strap. Sort of. It has a sliding shoulder pad which is nicer than many. A little softer.
But it does slide around and I often find it's not on my shoulder after a while (the strap itself is just a basic nylon strap).

Maybe an issue? It'd be nice if the top of the bag was a bit wider. It takes me a little extra time to get the camera out because I have to squeeze my hand between the camera & bag. It's not tight - but just another 1/2" would be nice. That's going to vary with your camera.
Also, the bag doesn't let go when I lift the camera. The lens gets caught on the yellow camera support thingy a little bit, so I have to hold the bag with one hand while I pull the camera with the other. I suppose that's why gunslingers used to have a thong that tied the bottom of the holster to their thigh. That'd work - even if it looks a little silly...
on November 3, 2010
I highly recommend it - i am on the go all the time with my equipement and the advantage of this holster is that you can carry it around your neck or into a belt or your harness, if you own one
the top zip cover (that you can open from left or right) helps you to have quick access to the camera. you also have 2 mini pocket into the cover where you can slide memory stick or remote control for your flash. on the front, you also have another zip pocket for additional storage.
the plus of this holster is a quick waterproof cover hidden at the bottom of the holster that you can pull up in a ny second if you get caught into a sudden rain or snow, which is a big plus to protect your quipement against humidity.
it easily fits a SLR body along with a 28/80 lense on it (I use a d3000 Nikon)- no piece to build or unbuild - ready to shot.
the inside flashy bright yellow is also great with you shot in the dark so you are sure you drop your camera into the bag and not miss it.
it is a no brainer
on December 7, 2012
I had eyeballed this bag and the compact plus variant. I thought that I could possibly fit my T3i with an attached lens, plus an additional lens into this bag all at once.

This would allow me the freedom of swapping lenses without having to carry my much larger Amazon DSLR backpack.

By removing the velcro supports I freed up enough space to do what I wanted. I have a 55-250mm zoom lens on my camera, and inside a neoprene pouch is my kit lens (18-55mm).

Any similar sized lens combo should be able to fit just fine!

As far as the quality of the bag it is well made and looks durable. The rain cover is a nice feature! (But I hope I won't ever need it!)
on July 24, 2012
I picked this up so that I can put my Nikon d300s in a larger unpadded backpack. I wanted to make sure that the body was protected and not inside bouncing around. I may also carry it solo sometimes. It fit the bill perfectly with a couple of notes.

- 80-200mm f2.8 lens is too long for the case. Not a deal breaker as it is a heavy lens to tote around all day. If I'm breaking out that lens, it's got a purpose and being in a bag is not it. I don't know the dimensions for the 70-200mm, but it is probably in the same boat. The 55-300mm fits fine.
- The camera barely fits with the battery grip installed. It does fit, but you have to finagle the zipper around to get it closed. If you are like me and wondered if it would fit, it does with a little work.

Other than these two items, the case fits my needs. Seems to be well made and does come with a shoulder strap for solo carry.
VINE VOICEon October 3, 2014
This bag will fit your Nikon D750, 300S, or 610 camera with a MAXIMUM 24-70mm 2.8 lens. Any bigger and you might have to really stuff your camera in. The suspension straps for the camera help a little but don't fully suspend the camera with this size of a lens. Also, the lens hood snags on those straps when you pull the camera out. But still, no real complaint here. It's a snug bag that you can carry all day without being too overwhelmed. The front pocket is large enough for me to carry a spare battery and a 77mm polarizing filter. You could probably fit a lens cleaning kit or dust in there too. The rain pouch is a great feature. It's attached to the bag and tucks away when not in use. The bottom of the bag has minimal padding, so you'll need to be careful when setting your bag down. Zippers are sturdy but require two-handed operation due to fabric give. The rings holding your shoulder strap are metal. Good quality build and functionality all the way around at this price point.
on January 17, 2015
I have a Canon 7D and primarily use two lenses 18-135 IS STM and 70-300 IS. The 18-135 fits perfect with the included straps placed in the mussel of the case. The 70-300 is a bit tight though I still fill it is sufficiently protected. This is a very well designed case with all the features you need including two other pockets for storing the extras you may need in a day of shooting. The pocket inside the lid is best suited for memory cards and holds the 7D required Compact Flash cards very well. The zippered pocket along the top will hold a spare battery. One of the best features is a pull out weather cover that even has slots for bringing the shoulder strap buckles through.
on January 20, 2012
I was looking for a smaller bag that just the camera would go in. Our standard bag is too big and heavy when everything is loaded in it which causes my wife to take the camera out and then it is not protected at all. This is perfect. I have a Nikon D50 with an 18x200 lenses and it fits without any problems. I love the built in rain sleeve and that was one of the primary reason i chose this one over a few others. The only reason i am giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is that the front pocket is very small and only thin things will go in it. I understand that the stripped down utility of this case is kind of the whole point but one decent pocket would have been nice.