|Item Weight||14.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.5 x 3.5 x 2 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||33-425|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|National Stock Number||5210-01-428-5470|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Stanley 33-425 Powerlock 25-Foot by 1-Inch Measuring Tape - Original
|Price:||$9.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 25-foot by 1-1/4-inch tape rule with belt clip
- Easy-to-read lockable yellow blade graduated in 1/16-inch
- High impact ABS case with rubber over mold for strength; Mylar-coated blade; heat-treated spring for repeated use
- 16-inch and 19.2-inch stud center markings
- 13.6-ounces; 7-foot standout; limited lifetime warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Two unique features make this tape a standout. First, the blade is coated with mylar to help it stand up to abrasion associated with repeated use. Second, the patented Tru-Zero hook doubles as a pivot for drawing circles and arcs, and it automatically adjusts to handle inside or outside measurements. What this means is that the hook on the end has a small amount of play that is equivalent to the thickness of the hook blade. This is so that when you measure with the hook inside a stop (like a window jam), the front end of the hook is the zero point. When you hook it over the edge of a board, the zero point becomes the back of the hook.
Stanley does make a host of other measuring tools that may be worth checking out. At such a great price, most users cant go wrong with this one.
Whats in the Box
25-foot by 1-inch measuring tape
The Stanley Story
The Stanley Works, originally a bolt and door hardware manufacturing company located in New Britain, Connecticut; was founded in 1843 by Frederick T. Stanley. A few years later, in 1857, Fredericks cousin, Henry Stanley, founded The Stanley Rule and Level Company. In 1920, The Rule and Level Company merged with The Stanley Works and would go on to become its famous Hand Tools Division. Over the years, The Stanley Works has produced some of the most innovative and useful tools ever made. Among these tools are the Bailey Plane, the Surform shaper, the PowerLock tape rule and most recently the FatMax line of products. Today, more than ever, Stanley continues to be an industry leader in tool innovation. In 2001, Stanley introduced more than 100 new products, bringing to 400 the number of new products introduced in the past four years. As a direct result of Stanleys commitment to excellence, Stanley was awarded the Prestigious Golden Hammer Award, presented for New Product Innovation in both 2000 and 2001.
From the Manufacturer
Since 1843, STANLEY has developed and delivered solutions that have helped to build this great nation of ours. Through decades of innovation, STANLEY Tools has become a trusted name in tools for professionals and consumers alike. Today, STANLEY continues this tradition of innovation with a full lineup of products for those who demand the best.
STANLEY 33-425 PowerLock 25-Foot Tape Rule
Throughout its long history of manufacturing some of the world’s best measuring tools – a span of over 165 years – Stanley has been driven by an unwavering commitment to quality, innovation and precision – principles that guide the company to this very day. Along the way, Stanley has achieved several noteworthy milestones, which included making the first steel tape rules in 1930 and in 1963 introducing the iconic PowerLock “coilable” steel rule, which has become the world’s most popular measuring tape. And in 1969, the PowerLock tape measure was selected by NASA to be part of the lunar landing gear on Apollo 11.
Tape Rule at a Glance
- 7-foot blade standout
- Mylar polyester film extends life of entire blade
- Chrome high-impact ABS case is job site tough
- Secure blade lock won't creep during measurements
- 16-inch and 19.2-inch stud center markings simplify framing jobs
- Corrosion-resistant Tru-zero end hook for accurate measurements
Mylar Polyester Film
STANLEY PowerLock tape rules feature Mylar polyester film for blade protection against rust and wear.
The Tools That Built America
Since 1843, STANLEY has developed and delivered solutions that have helped to build this great nation of ours. Through decades of innovation, STANLEY Tools has become a trusted name in tools for professionals and consumers alike. Today, STANLEY continues this tradition of innovation with a full lineup of products for those who demand the best. And our commitment to America doesn’t end with producing the best tools possible. Every year, we’re making millions of our products right here in America with material from all over the world, ensuring the highest standards for quality are both met and exceeded.
We look forward to continuing not only our commitment to excellence, but in creating the next generation of solutions that will keep America running strong.
Top Customer Reviews
- Based on the several of these I've used frequently for over 25 years, these high quality tapes have a long life.
- Locking lever works well with little effort, and the tape doesn't slip once locked.
- Spring assisted tape return is just right - neither too fast or too slow.
- Easy to read numbers and lines (to 1/16"), with stud markers every 16". There are no metric markings.
- Belt hook slips onto my belt reliably.
- Accuracy between tapes is perfect. There are no problems in measuring something with one Stanley tape and marking the cut with a different Stanley tape.
- Most tape holsters I've seen appear to be designed to hold the 25' or 30' Stanley measure.
- One inch wide tapes such as this Stanley are a good compromise between unsupported tape standout and tape curvature affecting an accurate reading. E.g., wider tapes like the Fat Max have longer standout, but you really need to push that tape edge down to make a reading.
- Even though a section of one of my Stanley tapes gets wet occasionally, I've never had one rust.
- At this price, it's a bargain.
- Two improvements could be made: modify the end-of-tape hook to include a top hook, and the belt hook should "lock" onto your belt so it won't slip off so easily.
If you need a 30' tape measure, and DON'T require the longest possible tape standout (as featured with the Fat Max style), this Stanley is a good choice.
I would pay twice that for an American made product that would last years, not days! Note the pic, it now says on the label- "Made In USA- with global products". What a waste. They have no conscience!
So I went out and bought another one, thinking the first had just exceeded its lifetime. The second time I used the new one, fully extending it, the tape fell off. Taking this one apart, it looks as though the metal piece that is supposed to lock with the tape end had broken off, although the spring still appears to be functional. Other reviewers report similar problems. So now I don't know whether to try again with this tape or try another brand.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
i bought this item in July and checked the blade holding mechanism. It worked. A few weeks later I tried to use it and the lock does not work. Read morePublished 2 days ago by KCNANA
It Does What It Is Supposed To Do. Not To Heavy. And It Works Very Well.Published 5 days ago by King