Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Stanley 38465 TimerMax Digital Trio Grounded 3-Outlet Digital Tri-Mode Timer
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on October 12, 2013
I use this on my landscape lighting lighting in Arizona. The last one was out there for five years. There have been complaints this is hard to program. Tip; you will need to read the instructions. The instructions state do this and then do any of the following three programming modes. If you go to the bold paragraph titles and try to program without starting at the beginning and following the instructions, you will never program this device.
on February 4, 2013
Bought this to handle my Christmas light display for the Holidays. Well, no...for CHRISTMAS. Anyway, they work great. 3 settings, auto, manual, and off. You can set the on/off times specifically, use the dusk/dawn automatic feature, or use dusk-countdown mode. I set specific times for my Christmas lights, but then decided to keep the spotlight on the front door. After spending 20 or so minutes trying to figure out how to switch to the dusk/dawn setting and get the correct days of the week, the timer seems to be working perfectly. I have yet to have an issue with it not working, turning on at the wrong time, etc. These are a must-have for anyone with outside temporary lighting needs.
on December 11, 2014
I love them. I just bought my third one for the outdoor Christmas lighting.
Ok, it takes a bit to learn how to program one but, once learned, it is very easy.
Pros:
1. It has a battery backup (which the instructions say to charge for about an hour prior to attempting programming)/ That is an advantage in two ways. First, one can program it sitting inside, comfortable and then move it to wear it is to be used. Second, if there is a temporary power outage (which we, at least, seem to be having more of) the programming remains
2. Ability to program specific times for start and stop. My photoelectric only ones never seemed to be able to get the lights to come on at the same time. Now, all three sections of my lighting come on within about a minute -- and I could make that better if I wanted to take the time to adjust the time on each of them. They also can do dawn to dusk, or selected number of hours after dusk.

I have been on a "quest" for the perfect outdoor light timer and have a number of other ones.... this one, though, I think will be the fulfillment of the quest :-)

So far I am quite happy with them. We'll see just how durable they are, though
on April 2, 2013
This is the second one of these I've purchased. Both are still functioning well. I can never remember how to set these without the instructions, but with them, it is simple enough to do. The first one I bought I've had for about 4 years and have never had an issue. I expect this one to last just as long. Gives you the ability to turn on power constantly, dawn to dusk, with photocell, or at programmed times. Times can be different for each day of the week. Very pleased with the versatility and does exactly what I need it to do.
on December 1, 2012
REceived this yesterday - charged it up initially as directed and then programmed it. As usual these types of things are never easy to program - lots of odd direction of pushing and holding this button - then push this button - etc.
I did program it and unfortunately I might have done something wrong as the lights did not turn off at 3:00 a.m. as I thought I programmed so I need to retry the programming.

The device does not look quite like the picture shows - the buttons are smaller and do not have printing on them - the button label is engraved in the plastic - see my photo I added. Also there is no reset pin hole in the front - instead you are suppose to press and hold two buttons together. I also don't think the LCD letters are as large as they appear in the product picture.

The website which is suppose to have the support documents - [...] does not even have this model shown on the website.

I woke up the next morning to check the display and the display was blank - so I'm recharging it now, not sure if the internal battery is dead or what - but since it was plugged in all night I'm not sure how that could be - but I can't even read the lcd display now - will recharge and see what happens and update this review.
review image
on April 16, 2016
I based this purchase on two things, the unit would switch the lights on at dusk based on a photocell and would turn the lights off again at the same time every night. The second item is the trust I place in the name Stanley. Well I purchased this switch in February and 2 months later it is dead. I chose .....poorly!
on April 18, 2013
Timer is accurate and reliable. The programs are varied and able to be adjusted for each day of the week. The process of programming the timer is not user-friendly. I could figure it out, but it was very cumbersome. I would not buy this again simply because setting the timer was itself time-consuming.
on December 4, 2012
Had to send it back since it was DOA. The timer turned on for a little bit, but not long enough to actually finish programming a schedule before it shut down. Good look, pretty hefty size, but no different than anything else out on the market. Going for a mechanical timer next time rather than a digital one for longevity sake.
on November 30, 2014
I read the reviews about difficulty with programming and was a bit apprehensive. But, I figured I used to stop my VCR from flashing 12:00 back in the day, I can make microwave popcorn and I can DVR Monday Night Football, this shouldn't be that hard. And it wasn't but it wasn't that easy. I've used it for a year now and changed the program a few times by referring back to the manual, without a problem.
on June 11, 2012
i did get stuck in the final part of the programming, however i called the customer service number and the guy set me straight within 30 seconds. It's be working well for me ever since. Would definitely recommend.

See 1 answered question