Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Stansport Outdoor 295 5-Gallon Collapsible Water Carrier
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on May 30, 2013
The plastic used to make this product is so thin, that when we unfolded & used them for the first time, they leaked in the corners where they were folded. 90% of the 15 water carriers we ordered leaked. Unfortunately, we were camping in a remote location and it would not have been feasible for us to carry them back... We are extremely disappointed in the product. We had ordered these before and they were made of a thicker, much more durable plastic.
on June 18, 2012
I took a gamble on this since the reviews are so mixed but it worked perfectly for our weekend long camping trip. We hung it from a tree and used it as a sink for the whole weekend. We experienced no leaks at all and it will be great for our next trip too. One word of caution - it weighs between 50 and 60 pounds when full. Really. Be ready and know your water source!

Happy shopping!
on October 4, 2013
Bought two for for camping and both leaked at the point where the handle attaches to the bag. The handles can NOT support the weight of 5 gallons of liquid. I would not and will not buy this product again
on August 14, 2013
The item pictured is not correct. The unit has two of the red handles. Not a big deal, just thought I would mention it. I just used it on a three day canoe trip and it worked great. BTW- to fold it up collapse the two red handles into each other and tie with a rope
on October 18, 2014
I ordered two of these and the first one i filled up has a leak when we went camping right out of the package. Amazon did send me a new one when I got back but it was a pain. The item works as designed and for a cheap way of carrying water it's OK. The nozzle is kind of strange to operate and it's position is awkward.
on June 4, 2013
I take at least one of these every time I go camping. The one I got had 2 of the red handles that're attached with a ring to the plastic, unlike the pictured one which has one of the handles molded-in. This doesn't seem to matter much, as the plastic is sturdy enuf not to tear under the weight of the water.

This purchase was a replacement for one that got a hole in it. To avoid a similar fate for your water-cube, don't store it in the same bag as your marshmallow-roasters.
Also, if stored with the valve/spout at the bottom, they tend to drip very slightly - so when it's full, store it in the orientation pictured.
on February 20, 2013
Bought this to replace the one I had for years. Great for camping or hiking with large groups for campsites main water. Collapses down for easy storage. Old one finally got hole from rubbing on rocks.
on July 27, 2014
I purchased this item from Big 5 for a camping trip. I found it acceptable for backpacking in and it was used for the camp's water supply (after run through a PUR water filter). The two main problems I had were a pin leak and expansion. The pin leak would have been a problem if it were bigger, but only created a slow dribble, so no biggie. The expansion was a problem because we could never get it to sit flat on anything, which made the spout sit at weird angles. Since it's five gallons and the spout is at a weird angle already, it is difficult to hold it up for someone to use. The two handle design is a good thought, but my fear is one (or both) will break loose because of the weight. Maybe they are okay for carrying five gallons of water, but I'd have to see it to believe it.

Overall, I would say it's okay, but not for my purposes.
on August 17, 2012
I just use this product on my walking pielgrimage, it's great, easy to unfold and fold, takes small place in ur bag or backpack. When U go for camping - must have.
Coleman 5-Gallon PVC Camp Shower - srtongly recomended.
on August 20, 2013
Angle of spigot on carrier makes it almost worthless; when you set the carrier such that the spigot is on the bottom (ie, opposite of the picture, so that water can actually flow out of the carrier), the angle of the spigot does not point perpendicularly straight down at the ground; it points so inward towards the carrier that you can't get your cup or pot or whatever underneath it.

Also, from a comfort perspective, the handle is very narrow and really digs into your hand, and it's not wide enough for a large hand to get all 4 fingers in.

See 1 answered question