Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 49 reviews
on January 17, 2013
Bought 8 of these for a kayaking trip in the Florida Everglades. Tested one at home before going. Easy to fill and the sealing method works very well. Fortunately the line attaching the tube to the bag is too short. So it was replaced with fishing line. Okay not a problem. the filled bag sat on the counter for a day or two and was okay. Quickly found that the while tempting to use the handle it was not a good idea. Very much a weak spot. Eventually started to show signs of seepage at the ends where the handle joins the plastic. Made note to myself: Don't carry using the handle.
We took 5 on the trip and tried not to touch them much. All but one leaked although never too severely that we lost all the water. (The worst was about a third.) The plastic is just about thick enough but by no means puncture-proof.
If the seams were sealed more generously and the handle removed the bags would be much more robust and, for the money, worthwhile. In current form just not worth taking the risk and I have since returned them. Thank you Amazon for taking them back. Redesign them and I would have a second look.
on September 6, 2016
Didn't have any issues with this leaking water, it's ultra light weight, and was a LIFE SAVER on our last trip. The nearest water souce from our camp site was a good 300+ yards out, with over half of that being up hill. We couldn't camp closer to the source, as it was a river in a heavily bear populated area. This made the trip a success, without it we might have ended up leaving early.
on October 2, 2016
i use this water bag for lightweight backpacking. i expected to get one or two uses out of it, but it held up all summer and is still in good shape! just don't carry it by the handle, which will rip out under weight - so only use it when you are pouring. i like it because it folds and stows easily. i would buy it again.
on July 29, 2012
A few of my friends and I hiked into the woods to camp. This product sure made getting water much easier. It weighs nearly nothing and the handle holds up well. We hung the bag from a tree with the handle and was able to pivot the bag and pour water into our bottles quite easily.
on May 27, 2017
As expected and a great price as always. I put it in my survival backpack, and prayerfully I won't ever need it.
on June 6, 2017
Bought 4. One leaked right out of the box.
on August 3, 2014
We took it to save ourselves from having to hike down to get water on a backpacking trip. We were able to collect some rain water and filled up this bag. It stayed in there. It will taste a little plastic like if you leave it in there long. I think it does leak slowly out the seam. My wife tried to use some hot glue and duct tape to reinforce the seams. We'll probably take it again as a backup but I wouldn't want to rely on water staying in it for long term.
on October 30, 2014
A good size for me, it's almost weightless and easy to pack. It's a little awkward to use and the plastic "slide" that keeps it closed can slide off and get lost. But for the price I am happy to recommend it.
on July 25, 2016
This was perfect for our purposes. It never leaked. I carried it in my pack on a 2 day backpacking trip. It was used in the car after that. It worked perfectly to fill our nalgene water bottles. I never lifted it just by the handle based on a previous review that said it is not as strong there.
on December 28, 2016
Looks well made. I purchased this for use when I am motorcycle camping. The size is good for getting water from a hydrant and is enough to make a pot of coffee and rinse dishes after washing. More after using on a couple of trips in the spring.