|Item Weight||3.84 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4 x 4 x 3 inches|
|Item model number||10504|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||10504|
|OEM Part Number||10504|
Stant 10504 Locking Fuel Cap
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$12.65 (47%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- A quality locking mechanism deters fuel theft and vandalism
- Original equipment performance and safety standards
- OEM quality construction and materials
- Replacing an old, leaky or missing gas cap can save as much as a gallon of gas every 15 days
- A new gas cap can pay for itself in less than three months.
- The included key may have a round or square bow, however both styles will perform the same
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Stant locking gas caps are OEM quality both in construction and materials as well as deterrent to fuel theft and vandalism. A gas/fuel cap performs three very important functions; safety of the vehicle's occupants, fuel economy and reduce emissions. Safety: Without a fuel cap, gasoline vapors will be present around your car at all times. Those vapors can be ignited by a random spark or flame and are very dangerous if you are involved in an accident or rollover. Fuel Economy: According to Sun Oil Company research, a vehicle with a missing or inoperative fuel cap will allow 176 pounds (22 gallons) of gasoline to evaporate over the period of one year. Emissions: Gasoline vapors emit hydrocarbons which dissolve the earth's ozone layer and cause smog.
From the manufacturer
Stant 10504 Locking Fuel Cap
Fuel caps made of sturdy, long-life materials which have all original equipment features AND a key-operated lock to protect the vehicle from fuel theft and vandalism.
- Keyed alike versions are available for small fleets or consumers with more than one vehicle. Stant caps are unique because they are the only aftermarket caps to include all safety features and valving of the original equipment caps.
- OE Pressure relief prevents fuel vapors from exiting the fuel system under normal operating conditions. This allows an escape path for pressure in the event of an impact situation where the fuel tank has collapsed. It also permits pressure to escape if the vapor management system malfunctions.
- A “Lost Motion” feature permits the cap handle some freedom to turn while maintaining a seal, which could aid in the prevention of fuel tank leakage during a crash or impact.
- A “Breakaway Groove” allows the cap to remain sealed and prevent fuel leakage during a crash or impact, even if some of the cap has broken away.
- A ”Torque Override” feature aids in the proper installation of the fuel cap. It produces an audible click as the o-ring that seals the cap is properly compressed.
- Stant is the only aftermarket cap manufacturer to offer Green “Diesel Fuel Only” caps. The green caps help prevent accidental fuel contamination.
- OE Vacuum relief prevents fuel vapors from exiting the fuel system via the fill tube under normal operations. This allows an alternative path for air to flow into the tank if there is an obstruction in the vapor recovery or vapor management systems. It also permits the fuel system to normalize air pressure during natural vacuum situations.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE 09/23/2018: Check engine light came on soon after, gave a code 0496. After reading other negative reviews here, will never buy this nor recommend EVER! Just got this nice 2013 GMC Acadia and it is not worth the risk.
Im using their boxes not only to keep the original capsin them, but also the spare key taped to them because I am terrible with keys lol.
I do recommend this product.
Top reviews from other countries
Definitely not recommended if you go anywhere cold.
I just wish this cap had the seam around the edge to fit the factory gas cap leash. That would make it perfect.