Other Sellers on Amazon
Stanwood Wind Sculpture Kinetic Copper Wind Sculpture, Dual Spinner Spinning Ficus Leaves
|Price:||$274.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$225.04 (45%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Pure Copper and Brass Heavy Duty Construction
- Moves with a slight breeze
- The leaf-mounted wheels are 2-ft in diameter
- About 6-ft Tall
- Extremely detailed and impeccable Craftsmanship
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||72 x 7 x 24 inches|
|Item Weight||16 pounds|
|Manufacturer Part Number||CWS-01|
|Shipping Weight||15.75 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 0:41 Mins|
1. Absolutely seal this, I would advise Permalac Clear Satin, it's made specifically for copper. It is available from ArtChemicals on the West Coast. It shipped the day I ordered it and was delivered in three working days. It costs $38.35 delivered, expensive, but don't get cheap, you have a beautiful work of art to protect.
2. The Permalac comes in a spray can and you can use the packing boxes as a spray backstop. It is ULTRA important to spray this in a well ventilated location. A garage is perfect, just keep the door open at least halfway. The fumes are flammable so be careful to stay away from an ignition source, the pilot light on a water heater is easy to overlook. The Permalac has about enough for two applications, front and back. Let it dry an hour between applications. The tubes are solid copper so don't forget them.
3. When installing the vertical support tubes, use a level to make sure they are absolutely on the bubble vertically. I mounted mine on a fence since the ground here is too hard and rocky to even penetrate an inch. It was easy to get it perpendicular this way.
4. Make sure the support tubes are very tightly screwed together. The top tube will be slightly crooked otherwise.
5. Even if you want to make the neighbors jealous, do not mount this anywhere that copper thieves can get it, namely the front yard. This type of crime is fairly new, they strip vacant houses, a/c units, even street lights, all for drug money.
6. Lastly, enjoy this! Take the necessary preparatory steps, don't rush things, and you will find this more gorgeous than anyone has described.
This is a followup to the review listed above. I've had it over a month now. I find this wind sculpture to be superior to any of the others I have seen, even those costing thousands of dollars!! The only problem I have with it is that I can't take my eyes off of it! The combination of spinning around the vertical axis as well as the horizontal axis produces all sorts of unusual movement. Sometimes the spinners are turning in opposite directions, sometimes the same, sometimes one fast and one slow, sometimes both fast. IT IS JUST TOTALLY MESMERIZING!!! Everyone who sees it is totally fascinated. I cannot imagine anyone buying this and not being 100% thrilled with quality and performance.
I am about to send this same sculpture as a special gift to a friend in Florida. My concern was, though, that the salt air there might harm the copper. So I decided to go online to find a product that could protect the copper not only from normal weathering but from the salt air as well.
My research led me to a Peacock Labs' product called "Permalac" which has been used by sculptors on some major outdoor metal sculptures - A pretty good reference in my mind! I wound up ordering the spray version ("Permalac EF Spray - Finish: Satin Gloss") online at peacocklabs.com, and although it's expensive ($27.08 plus shipping), I felt it was worth it because it handles the salt air plus is supposed to protect the metal for up to 10 years. I also decided to use this same product on my wind sculpture here in Northern California because I don't want anything ruining its exquisite copper sheen.
I should also note that I experienced great customer service from the seller when I was doing my research about the best protective coating to use. I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat - which is, actually, exactly what I'm about to do in the next 5 minutes.~
As luck would have it, I found this one while surfing on the internet and the rest is history. My wife was thrilled and I got to enjoy this gift as well.
To me, I am reminded of our wedding rings, two separate rings spinning together; though not always in the same direction. They spin and spin and like our love they will be together always.
To me the quality and beauty of this product is what makes it a work of art. It can be moved or stored as each season dictates. It seems to grow more endearing as time passes. Like our love, I think it grows more special each day.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this as a gift for my wife. Seems really well made and works great. I got it for $269 on Amazon and now < 1 month later it's going for $395. Read morePublished 12 days ago by GIC
This is a top quality item, far superior to any other wind spinner that's available.
Buy this and you will not be disappointed.
It is very nice, quiet and lovely to watch it spin in the different directions. One thing I would say is to spray it with the recommended lacquer because the spinner's brass turns... Read morePublished 25 days ago by Beth S.
Yes, I am very happy with the wind sculture. It works well in our small courtyard.Published 1 month ago by Humberto M Gonzalez
All I can say is it is beautiful and well worth the money I paid for it.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Yes they are very expensive however this is my third different Starwood wind sculpture as I can afford to buy the best. They work great and seem to be very durable. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Vic M
Wonderful in every respect....construction, form and function !Published 3 months ago by Mark Wallack
Beautiful when I bought it, it is a center for my garden, however the copper has turned because of being out all year long.Published 6 months ago by Tammy Garner