|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$671.45 - $1,343.67 & FREE Returns on some sizes and colors. Details|
- Supreme Edition costume for the serious Star Wars fan
- Collector's Edition Helmet
- Durable injection-molded chest armor, shoulder guards, arm guards, gauntlets and leg guards
- Officially licensed Star Wars collectors costume
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Includes jumpsuit, mask, gloves. Does not include gun, shoes. This is an officially licensed star warsâ„¢ costume.
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 7 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 20.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B004RP9EJ2
- Item model number: 909866
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 3, 2008
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
From the Manufacturer
Bodysuit With Belt and Body 'Armor'.
Collector's Edition Helmet.
Bodysuit with Body, Arm, Leg, and Shoulder 'Armor', Gloves, Helmet.
Top Customer Reviews
I needed to pull together stormtrooper armor in less than a week, so I knew that doing it the proper way (assembling from a kit) would not be an option for me. After doing a bit of research I ordered the Rubies Supreme Edition Stormtrooper for just under $530 from Amazon (7th Avenue Store). The 22lb box arrived by FedEx Home Delivery 5 days later (CA to CT) just in time for my event.
Based on the Amazon reviews and from a little Google searching, I was fully prepared to work on modifying of the costume when it arrived so I picked up some heavy duty velcro & elastic in advance, and had sand-paper and my dremel ready to go. Fortunately the armor was in much better condition than I expected and I only needed to make a few minor modifications in order to make it fit my 5'11" 200lb frame.
Overall I would recommend this armor/helmet combo for anyone who doesn't want to assemble their own but is not afraid of making some slight modifications. I think that $530 is a fair price, but wish that it came with a better helmet. I can see why anyone who paid over $800 for this when it first came out would be very disappointed. But with a little bit of work (about an hour total for me) this will get you an extremely "realistic" looking stormtrooper. Please note that it doesn't come with boots, neck seal or blaster. More details below if you are curious.
Build quality is great for the most part. All of the armor parts are rugged and polished. The velcro and elastic used to attach armor parts together doesn't inspire much confidence though.Read more ›
My dimensions: 5'8" without shoes, 42" chest, athletic build.
First the positives.
1) This is an OK costume if you're only using it for Halloween parties.
2) The black body suit has velcro straps pre-sewn into the shoulders, so the shoulder "bell" armor stays put.
3) Chest armor fit me perfectly.
4) Helmet is nice.
Now the negatives:
1) If your'e my height or less, this armor needs to be trimmed to fit for comfort and mobility. Putting it on, out of the box, I literally could not walk or climb up/down steps. That being said, you'll need to buy a Dremel or some other type of rotary tool. You'll need the plastic cutting attachment (I used the Dremel Diamond tip wheel). I cut 1" off the top of each thigh, and 1/2" of the bottoms. *** WARNING *** This procedure is potentially dangerous as you don't want a diamond-tipped Dremel slipping out of your'e hand! Buy goggles too, as sharp plastic pieces tend to fly around during the trimming process.
2) I had to cut the straps from the "butt-plate and back" and the COD and chest. You'll need to buy a harness so that the butt-plate doesn't "droop" around when you walk. I bought some industrial-strength velcro to connect the harness to the butt-plate + AB/COD piece.
3) The forearm pieces curve inward towards your arm. So at a 90 degree angle, it digs into you. Another piece I had to cut out... arrrggg!
After about 10 hours of cutting, sanding, and re-velcro'ing, the suit will be wearable.
On the quality. This is actually not the EXACT replica. the exact replica is manufactured by a company, which I did not know beforehand, but this is so close you cannot tell the difference. The build quality is superb. I dropped the helmet and sitting in a car is not the most comfortable thing and this costume is made to last. As for the harness. That is also not the same one, but its good enough. It uses velcro and it works fine.
The pictures show shoes, but these do no come with it. For the gun I bought that seperately and spray painted it--can't tell the difference. The velcro on one of the pieces was slighly out of place , but I just reattached it without doing anything, not a big deal.
All in all I will reuse this costume every Halloween and it wil pay for itself through the years. It's very high quality however, if you want it to be comfortable as this is not a comfortable costume to wear at all--it will require some modding, which you can easily perform without making any noticeable alterations such as cutting pieces to fit your body(see google). The only difference between this and the one the company sells for the same price is that the back piece that goes over your "behind" is two pieces. This is one however, I almost prefer this. The helmet is the real deal i.e. the same Hollywood version. Overall this costume is the real deal and was totally worth all the attention and conversations I recieved, which was not expected. I've wanted this since I was a little kid.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I never wrote reviews. But since this costume costs a bit of money. I'll write one for the sake of others. No this isn't an exact replica. Read morePublished 8 days ago by James Webber
I love this costume, or as I say, UNIFORM.
It is the real deal, as like so many other reviews on it I did have to make some minor adjustments but I will not complain. Read more
If you're like me, you've been wanting Stormtrooper armor for a long time now. You don't want to pay a lot for a kit, because let's face it, $400+ is a little steep for all the... Read morePublished 16 days ago by Jonah Payne
THis is an amazing costume. I tried it on and walked in on my kid and 1st thing out of his mouth was "OH MY GOSH! you are such nerd DAD! Read morePublished 2 months ago by Bruce
Haven't tried the whole costume on yet, but did try on breastplate and upper torso back piece, just a little to bigPublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Researched the heck out of these things. Main goal is for Childrens hospitals. I am 5'6" normal build and yes, it's a bit big. The black inner wear is for Hulk Hogan. Read morePublished 8 months ago by abideawhileacres
Don't get me wrong, it's great overall. Starting with a few cons:
-Bit big for me (5' 9"), but that's just life. Read more