Star Trac NXT Spin Bike
Want this professionally assembled?
- Have an expert assemble your product at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No fumbling with tiny parts, complex instructions, or tools
- Your expert will ensure that your assembled product is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Star Trac 9-7090-MINTP0 Spinning Bike - 43 lb Fly Wheel
- Pedals - Dual-sided with large platform and SPD™ compatibility
- Resistance - Tension turn-knob, resistance pad on top of flywheel Cranks - Strong, dependable performance Seat Adjustment Range - 25" - 37"; Handlebar - No-Slip Grip with Pop-Pin height adjustments Seat - Ergonomic, Pop-Pin seat slider adjusts up/down/fore/aft
- For the re-manufactured bikes, frame color is custom and will be Matte black if not otherwise specified
- Drive System - Drive Chain User Capacity - 300 lbs; Heavy-duty aluminum frame offers corrosion and rust resistance
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Why buy used commercial cardio from CFF?
Save 50-75% off new prices on just off lease (as is - working condition) professionally cleaned, serviced, and re-manufactured commercial cardio equipment backed by the best warranties in the business.Your new fitness equipment arrives 100% functional, with only minor cosmetic signs of wear; ready to deliver results.
Star Trac NXT Spin Bike
The Spinner® NXT combines user-focused features with a high degree of adjust-ability to deliver best-in-class performance for riders of all shapes, sizes and abilities.
- Sleek steel frame design with zinc dip coating for superior rust protection.
- Handlebars and seat settings provide vertical and fore/aft user adjustment for optimal bike fit.
- Dual oversized easy access water bottle holders integrated into the handlebars.
- Patent-pending taper fit bottom bracket and pedal system for increased strength and reliability.
- Superior bio-mechanics with a Q-factor of 158 mm.
- 41 lbs (18.6 kg) perimeter weighted flywheel for a smooth and realistic riding experience.
- Powerful chain drive system delivers an authentic road riding feel.
- Custom dual-sided SPD®-compatible pedals feature a large pedal body while accommodating both SPD® and toe clip.
- Smooth control resistance knob with direct pressure emergency stop.
- Front mounted wheels for easy transport and movement.
- Non-rusting urethane/over-molded leveling feet for easy leveling.
- High impact urethane rear stretch guard and step guards to prevent damage to frame from cleated cycling shoes.
- Accommodates riders 4' 10" (147.3 cm) to 6' 10" (208.3cm) with a maximum recommended weight capacity of 350 lbs (158.8 kg).
Top Customer Reviews
First, a few things about the price. Expect to pay anywhere from $1,195 to $1,795 retail for this exact cycle online. Many fitness equipment sites sell this bike and will tell you that you are getting a "deal." Well, as of November 10, 2012 the price range is $1,200 to $1,800. You should always receive free shipping from any online vendor for this product. If not, look elsewhere.
To get a price as low as $1,195 you will have to find and wait for a sale at a site that is targeted towards professionals, yet is not wholesale, which might require a business license or bulk purchase. I have found that Mad Dog Fitness, Spinning's official trademark, often offers specials on all Star Trac bikes. I was going to purchase this particular bike in 2010 for under $1,200 with a $200 special offer. Here is the important part and it may explain the $1,695 price here on Amazon. My husband did his research online and he decided to buy this for me as a birthday present from a small second party retail fitness business he found online. He paid, wait for it... $1,695 in 2010. It was completely assembled and tuned up. This is something that is not done if it comes from most fitness equipment retailers. The tune up works out certain "hitches" that frequently occur in the gear/resistance, crank, and chain with the beginning use of any new gym quality bike. As an instructor who has taught Spin for 17 years I have seen these type of issues over and over again. Beginning with a tuned up bike from the start helps prevent problems later. This is about a $200-$400 value.
Now, about the cycle. I teach Spin and indoor cycle on many different bikes. This remains my favorite. It is why I choose it for my home bike. It offers you a good number of options to adjust the seat and handle bar height. You can adjust the seat and bars fore and aft as well. All of these adjustments are critical. Getting your bike professionally fit to you by a good instructor is an important as a great tune up. The handle bars are wide enough and solid to be very comfortable. This is something that is missing in many lower price indoor cycles.
This bike uses a chain, not a belt, to move the weighted fly wheel. This is one of the reasons that it feels authentic to outdoor bikes. Belts feel smoother, but less realistic. The fly wheel weighs 38 pounds. This is a good size. Cheaper home models can weigh between 25 and 31 pounds. The weight of the fly wheel is important to how hard you work, how the resistance feels (smooth vs choppy, challenging vs too easy), and how simulated hills and speed are performed. In a nut shell - how many calories you burn and how much fun and safe your ride is. A heavier fly wheel means you can increase your work when you want. The other HUGE bonus to the Star Trac line of bikes that many other bikes miss is that the fly wheel weight is on the outside of the wheel as opposed to the center. The centrifugal forces of energy at higher speeds will help you feel as though you are being pulled into your ride. It makes your speed drills and cadence rides a dream.
The stock pedals allow for cycle shoes with SPD cleats. If you prefer to use your Look cleats you will have to change the pedals. You can use traditional running or work out shoes with the stock pedals. My advice is to invest in cycling shoes if you are purchasing an indoor cycle for your home. You will increase your comfort and efficiency on the bike tremendously. You can also say goodbye to numb toes once you wear cycle shoes with cleats and clip in. You are literally part of the bike and you are working when you push and when your leg comes back around.
The last thing I have to say about this bike is that it is gym quality. It is the same bike used in many gyms, including several gyms and studios where I teach. If you are not sure what that means you have not been to a gym in a while. :-) It is heavy in a good way. It is sturdy and and can take years and thousands of hours of rides. Pop some great music on, you do not need to wear a bike helmut to have a fun ride on this bike!