Star Trek Fan Collective - Q
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The best of Q, however, truly is in "Star Trek: The Next Generation". In "Encounter at Farpoint Parts 1 & 2" Q puts humanity on trial for its arrogance and destructiveness. The Enterprise crew has one chance to redeem themselves--they must figure out a mystery involving "Farpoint" a station for the Federation that comes under attack by a mysterious alien race. The pilot also features a cameo by the late DeForest Kelley as Admiral McCoy in an amusing scene with Data.
The first season of "The Next Generation" was wildly uneven with some truly bad episodes alternating with some extremely good ones. "Hide & Q" straddles the line between these two extremes. While not the best it does offer de Lancie the chance to chew some scenery. Called in to help a mining colory, Q sets a test for Riker--he gives him the power of the Q and tempts him to use it to save his crewmates. In "Q Who" an enraged Q flings the Enterprise across the galaxy to test the crew against a new race they've never dealt with before--the Borg.
The third season featured two Q for the price of one. In "Deja Q" Q has been stripped of his power and made into a mortal. Q must prove his worth both to the Enterprise and to his the other Q (including Corbin Bernsen in a cameo as another member of the Q). This episode includes a text commentary.Read more ›
* "Encounter at Farpoint" - Star Trek: The Next Generation production # 721
* "Hide and Q" - Star Trek: The Next Generation # 111
* "Q Who?" - Star Trek: The Next Generation # 142
* "Deja Q" - Star Trek: The Next Generation # 161 (w/ text commentary)
* "QPid" - Star Trek: The Next Generation # 194
* "True-Q" - Star Trek: The Next Generation # 232
* "Q-Less" - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine # 407 (w/ text commentary)
* "Tapestry" - Star Trek: The Next Generation # 241
* "All Good Things..." - Star Trek: The Next Generation # 747
* "Death Wish" - Star Trek: Voyager # 130 (w/ text commentary)
* "The Q and the Grey" - Star Trek: Voyager # 153
* "Q2" - Star Trek: Voyager # 265.
Encounter at Farpoint and Hide and Q are a bit painful to watch--the cast was overacting so badly that it's a wonder that the show survived the first season--they are interesting for that reason alone. Q was the best thing in both episdoes. Q-Who is chilling and wonderful, and the Borg were at their best--they lost a bit of their menace with each subsequent appearance. Deja Q was very, very funny--better than I remembered. The Q-Geordi and Q-Data interaction is great. Q-pid is nearly as funny. True Q is a bit dull, but Tapestry is one of the best ever TNG episodes. All Good Things is fun if you ignore the plot holes that you can drive a truck through. As the commentary points out, Q-less, as one of the first DS9 eps, gives a wonderful look at the foundation of the DS-9 characters and watching Q interact with Sisko is great.Read more ›
The special features on this collection are not as good as in the previous collectives since you only get text commentaries on a few episodes, but I suppose that is better than nothing. Once again, like in the previous fan collective, there are episodes that are already on the previous collective releases but it doesn't matter in this case since it is all of the Q episodes. Once again, if you already have every season of Trek from every series, you don't need to buy this at all. If you have all the seasons, then you already have every episode on here and you would only be paying money for the box. There are no special features on here that you will die if you don't have. This is for the fans that don't have all of the season and/or want all of the Q episodes all in one package. If you want every single Q episodes all together, this is for you and it is totally worth the money!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good value. Picture quality distorted and blurred. Not high definition picture resolution. Would be great as Blu- Ray.
Only viewed and enjoyed first two episodes.
I love Star Trek and Q is a great character! I like the fan collectives because they have great episodes from multiple series. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Ann Johnson
A must for any major fan of "Star Trek" like myself. Back in 1994 I had the honor and unique chance to run into actor John Delance who played "Q" on Star Trek the... Read morePublished 17 months ago by American Samurai-Soldier
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customers Also Watched on Amazon Video
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Drama
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > TV