Star Trek: The Original Series: Season 2 [Blu-ray]
Blu-ray Value Promotion
Purchase any three featured Blu-ray titles for a total price of $19.99. Restrictions apply, offer is valid for a limited time and while supplies last. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Agreed by both casual viewers as well as die-hard fans, the second season of "Star Trek" provides us with a multitude of favorite episodes. Two episodes in particular that are given excellent treatment and incredible updating are "The Doomsday Machine" and "The Immunity Syndrome". "The Doomsday Machine", next to "The City on the Edge of Forever" is considered one of the best from the Original Series, even in its unrefined form. The updating on this episode put it into near movie-quality, far surpassing many Star Trek episodes, includng many from other spin-off series, and even perhaps a couple of the motion pictures. An interesting effect, to me, was how the remastering of "The Immunity Syndrome" made a not-so-great episode into a spectacular episode! The 1966 effects were good at the time, but the remastering gives it a whole new sense of realism and scope.Read more ›
1. Amok Time: Spock must return to Vulcan to complete a mating ceremony.
2. Who Mourns for Adonis?: The God Apollo invites the crew to his planet. One female crew member falls in love with him.
3. The Changeling: A probe has changed from its original purpose to seek out life to a new purpose of destroying all imperfect life forms.
4. Mirror, Mirror: A transporter malfunction send Kirk, Scott, McCoy, and Uhura into an alternate universe where the Galactic Empire is based on terror, treachery, and force.
5. The Apple: A planet is beautiful but the plants shoot deadly needles and rocks explode. The peaceful inhabitants feed a computer that oppresses the culture of the planet.
6. The Doomsday Machine: When the Enterprise responds to the distress call of the U.S.S. Constellation, a Doomsday machine that has already destroyed several planets targets the Enterprise.
7. Catspaw: Kirk, Spock, and McCoy visit a Halloweenish planet with witches, black cats, fog and dungeons. An alien uses magic to persuade Kirk to leave without Scott and Sulu.
8. I, Mudd: Harry Mudd has declared himself the king of a planet populated with androids. The androids won't let him leave, so he wants someone to take his place.
9. Metamorphosis: A man thought long dead has been kept alive by an entity called "the companion".Read more ›
However, the trouble is that the Blu ray is almost too good. I can tell when the make up meshes with real skint. I can tell when a punch misses the target. In fact, the Blu Ray is so clear that you can actually see and clearly identify the stunt doubles as they are intermixed with the close up of kirk or whoever is fighting. So your interest in the Blu ray may vary. While the show's strengths in story and acting are highlighted, the weaknesses of the technology are made the more apparent. That being said, I love having the ability to watch both the new and old effects addition, as well as the slew of special features included makes this a must have for me.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Loved the original series. It's what started it all. Too bad it was cancelled after 3 seasons. Classics never die....Published 5 days ago by IRVING S.
Always a fan. I just wish the interplanetary travel they predicted by 2017 was a fact. Maybe the world would be in less turmoil!Published 7 days ago by Randy
Just keeping up with my sons collection. He loves all Star Trek.Published 14 days ago by Della Mccluskey
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customers Also Watched on Amazon Video
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > TV
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Classic TV
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Classics
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Classics
- Movies & TV > TV