Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Star Trek: Starfleet Academy
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on July 29, 2004
When I reached the fourth level on this game I have to say I did get stuck on what to do next. Fortunately I did get a "walk-through" off the Internet and that helped me advance to the "Sun Creature" stage (level 14?). Here's where the game itself stalled on me. My ship faced and retreated from the sun creature in accordance with the walk-through I was following (after all it helped me this far). Anyway, after my retreat I waited for a communication from the nearby planet as to how to stop the creature, but it never came (I waited a long time). I eventually gave up (I have a life). This game does need its players to get a patch, but it didn't do me anymore help. It would seem that someone did get further in the game than me or I wouldn't have a walk-through to refer to. I just can't recommend this game to anyone in good conscience. It would be a 5 star game -- IF IT JUST WORKED. The new motto for software development across the board: Quality Counts. So make sure to test it thoroughly before you package it.
on November 30, 2015
This is a great game! For its time, it had an amazing amount of detail. The Starship simulator is one of the best to have ever graced the PC. The acting by the cadets is over the top most of the time, but the actor that plays Sturek nails the Vulcan role. There are several cameos by original cast members William Shatner, George Takei, and Walter Koenig. This, in itself, makes this a must for any Star Trek fan. The game also includes missions whose scenarios include stories taken right from Star Trek such as "Kobyashi Maru", "The Wrath of Khan" and "Balance of Terror". The game is available over at Good Old Game.com if you want to get a modern version to ensure compatibility with modern OSes.
on February 26, 2010
This game is old. It shows in some ways, most notably the combat is very simplistic. But the good news is if you do the game right you won't be doing a lot of combat. True to the paradigm of the TREK UNIVERSE, there is for almost every mission, a way out that does not require brute force. So here is a list of what I liked:

Stays true to the beliefs of the Star Trek Universe. You can succeed using your head and heart rather than force.

Has lots of in game movies with the original cast and since they are all dieing off, there won't be any more of it.

Good plots and story evolution. If you are willing to make believe, that you do get the feeling you are in Star Fleet.

If you are a Trekker I suggest you give it a whirl. They won't be making any more of these with the original series cast and the in game movies alone are really worth it. It is almost like Episodes that were never aired.

I suggest also that you look for the walkthrough so that when you get stuck you don't spend lots of aggrevation getting unstuck. There are two places I believe where you can get stuck; stuck meaning trying to figure out how to solve your problem and the problems of those around you.

Trek On. Hail Flavius!
on June 30, 2013
This may be an old title but it is still a very good example of what Star Trek games should have aimed for.
on August 6, 2015
An old favorite! Lost it in a move over a decade ago... Still plays well on my Wide Screen Monitor and PC running Windows 10! A testament to a great design! One amazing game.. on Nostalgia alone..
on October 3, 2012
this game is great!!! i love this its like being on the bridge of the enterprise or one of the 2 other ship classes i would reconmend this to any star trek fan like me
on December 8, 2011
If you are a Star Trek fan and love to play video games this is one game you should not go without. It has a great story plot and is fun to play.
on February 28, 2013
IT was ok for an old game. Star Trek orignal charactors was a plus. not too bad, nothing stellar though
on November 13, 2005
Star trek starfleet academy is one of the BEST star trek games i EVER played the grafics are only inferior to klingon academy you get to see sulu , captain kirk and checkov acting again!!!

and depending on your students performance you get MULTIPLE ENDINGS.
on February 24, 2015