Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 338 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 430 reviews
on March 8, 2017
(Note: this review applies to the Complete Series DVD box set released on March 7, 2017.)

First, let's get this out of the way: if you're waiting for "Voyager" (or "Deep Space Nine," for that matter) to be released on Blu-ray, I think you can forget it. The poor sales of the remastered "The Next Generation" Blu-rays all but guarantees that CBS isn't going to shell out the cash to similarly remaster "Voyager" or "Deep Space Nine" (both of which require it due to their standard definition-grade visual effects), as neither achieved the same popularity as TNG and would, logically, mean even lower sales. So, you'll have to be content with them on DVD. That being said...

I haven't gone through the entire set yet, but so far it looks good. Packaging is decent: the discs come in three clear DVD cases, two large ones holding seasons 1-3 and 4-6, and one that's half that size for season 7 (which I'm sure shaves down the total size compared to each season in its own case), with episode and special feature listings printed on the inside of the case inserts. The discs are a little tricky to remove from their holders, but I've experienced worse. The box that holds the cases seems sturdy enough, but like most box sets these days, I wouldn't put it to too rigorous a test. :-)

As far as video and audio goes, other reviewers have noted that the discs themselves are the same as previous releases (likely with different disc artwork; the printing on the discs is a simple matte silver, likely a cost-saving measure, but that doesn't bother me), but since I haven't seen those, I'm taking their word for it. :-) Video and audio are likely as good as they're ever going to be, and probably reflect the best transfer off the master tapes possible. The episodes themselves are in the same 4:3 ratio of their original broadcasts, so you're going to get black bars on the left and right on widescreen TVs, but that's to be expected with any TV series produced before widescreen television became the standard.

Basically, if you're looking to add the complete "Star Trek: Voyager" to your collection, this is probably the best set to have, not to mention the most cost-effective way to get it (around $15-20 per season, depending on Amazon's current price, which is far cheaper than buying individual seasons separately).
1414 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2017
I got through all seven seasons of Star Trek: Voyager in only seven weeks. There were no problems with the discs. The new Epik-Pack cases are quite sturdy and also space-efficient compared to older DVD box sets. I highly recommend this DVD box set to anyone who likes Star Trek, or to a science fiction fan in general.
on August 14, 2017
I missed a lot of shows back when this was on TV in the late 90s and early 2000s. Some channels will show episodes, but not in order and bounce from season to season. This et allows me to watch from the very beginning to the last episode at my leasure
on May 30, 2017
Great family show (rare these days) I grew up with Voyager and its still as good as I remember.
DVD seem well protected in the cast as that is a ton of disks with 7 seasons on them.
on July 3, 2017
Not deep by any stretch of the imagination, but d! fun to watch on a regular basis.
on August 18, 2017
I could watch Voyager reruns everyday for the rest of my life. I love that show!
on August 9, 2017
Perfect arrived right on time. I like it is good
on June 22, 2017
It is my all-time favorite Sci-Fic Star Trek series with all 7 seasons in it. Better quality resolution in the video and the box package is quite nice.
on July 1, 2017
great quality product thanks
on June 23, 2017
Good series only they are not numbered correctly but do go in order