Star Trek - Nemesis (Widescreen Edition)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
A generation's finaljourney beginsProductInformationIn Star Trek - Nemesis you'll set a course for a galaxy ofunparalleled action and adventure as Captain Jean-Luc Picard (PatrickStewart) and his Starship crew battle a chilling new adversary - thatjust happens to hold a shocking link to Picard. In the wakeof a joyful wedding between Riker (Jonathan Frakes) and Troi (MarinaSirtis) Picard receives another reason to celebrate: the Romulans wantpeaces and the captain will be the Federation's emissary. Butas the Enterprise heads toward the Romulan Empire a brilliant villainawaits - harboring a diabolical plan of destruction and an unimaginablesecret that will give Picard his most fearsome challenge.Product Features Commentary by Director Stuart Baird New Frontiers: Stuart Baird on Directing "Nemesis" A Bold Vision of the Final Frontier A Star Trek Family's Final Journey Red Alert! Shooting the Action of "Nemesis" Deleted Scenes Photo GallerySpecifications Stars: Patrick StewartJonathan Frakes Brent Spiner Format: Color DVDWidescreen NTSC Languages: English French Subtitles: English Rating: PG-13 Number of Discs: 1 Run Time: 110 minutes Directed By: Stuart Baird
The Nemesis DVD is distinguished by excellent picture and thrilling sound, especially in the starship battle sequences. The bonus features are much more generous than the offerings on previous Star Trek theatrical films other than the two-disc special editions. There are four featurettes (46 minutes total) discussing the casting of Shinzon, development of the story line, shooting the action scenes, and the themes of family and change that run through the film. Director Stuart Baird contributes a commentary track that is a bit dry and sometimes silent. He mentions how he's not a Trek insider and that because he was working in an established setting he didn't have the freedom of creation that directors usually do. He also discusses the mechanics of shooting and points out where certain scenes were shortened or eliminated. Seven of the cut scenes appear on the DVD, some introduced by Baird or Patrick Stewart. They're interesting to see (and the alternate ending is pretty funny), but none was a great loss from the finished film. --David Horiuchi
- Four featurettes: New Frontiers: Stuart Baird on Directing Nemesis, A Bold Vision of the Final Frontier, A Star Trek Family's Final Journey, Red Alert: Shooting the Action of Nemesis
- Seven deleted scenes: Chateau Picard 2267, The Time of Conquest, Federation Protocols, A Loss of Self, Turbolift Violation, Sickbay Prepares for Battle, Advice for the New First Officer
- Photo gallery
- Deep Space Nine DVD preview
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
Oh and Troi/number one getting married!? The TV series ended with her and Worf going off together. Not a big fan of that disconnect.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Robots & Androids
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Adventure
- Movies & TV > Star Trek