To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Star Trek: the manga Volume 2: Kakan ni Shinkou Paperback – September 11, 2007
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
While I found that satisfyingly good, I was surprised at how good the rest of the stories were, and how nicely the familiar characters and environments were translated to Manga form! A nice surprise and a good read.
Possible spoilers ahead?
1. Curra Te Ipsum - The enterprise is having engine trouble so they make an emergency landing on a warring planet, fortunate, unfortunate, you tell me. 4.7/5; the story was good, it felt like a a star trek episode, it's not a full 5 cause even though the solution was what Kirk would have done in the show, it just felt very rushed.
2. The Trial - Kirk is forcibly removed from the Enterprise and imprisoned with a trial fast incoming, now only someone would give him a clear answer about what he's being charged with. 4/5 It was very contained, more mental than action packed, which I love, but it simply felt like I was missing something in the plot. Could be a personal thing. Not judging based on art style, it's reminiscent of 90's manga with their emotive chibi styled faced and sweatdrops.
3. Communication Breakdown - How does a lifeless planet send a distress signal? 4.9/5 It was very intriguing, but the solution didn't feel like a Kirk solution exactly. Then again this could just be me.
4. Scaean Gate - Delivering a queen to her new throne hits a few snags. 5/5 interesting with a neat twist, long time fans might have seen it from the start, but that doesn't detract from it in the least.
5. Forging Alliances - We make a stop on Vulcan for a holiday celebration. 5/5; I just loved observing Vulcan's reacting. That was interesting, lots of fun, would definitely read more of this.
6. Suicide Note - Picard makes a house call to drop something off that's 8 years overdue. 6/5 very emotional, it pulls you in, it makes you think not only of familial relationships, but of social standing, and government agendas, and I just loved it. Good job.