Industrial Deals Beauty Textbooks Shop women's shoes nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. New LG Stylo 4 | $249.99. Save with Prime Exclusive Phones. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 7, 2018
Great gift for the Star Wars or r2d2 lover.
on March 19, 2018
My husband was ecstatic when I got him this for his Birthday! It R2 D2 even brought him a beer so he was double happy! LOL!
on January 3, 2018
Still works years later.
on May 5, 2017
Product received just as promised
on March 20, 2017
This has got to be the most interesting voice recognition toy I have ever encountered. For the most part, he does respond to every command given. However, you have to place emphasis on every word said. I have noticed that I can shorten the phrases. For example, instead of saying "Do You Remember ...", I can just say "Remember?..." and he will respond. There are times when he will go into Light Tag mode for no apparent reason. When he does, he finds inanimate objects and plays his tune indicating that he found someone. He does well on carpet as well as hard surfaces. But keep in mind, having him roll on carpet places more of a strain in the batteries. I have witnessed a few times when R2's head will begin to jerk a few times, sort of like a spasm. Just tap him lightly on his head, and it will bring him out of it. I question his navigational system. There are a few times when he will walk into things. It appears that his Peripheral Vision is limited. If you ask him to move and he shakes his head no, most like the Wheel Lock Control is engaged. This is the red illuminated button located above his middle leg. He is fun to play with in compete darkness. He will find you if playing Light Tag.

I have contacted Hasbro to see if there will be an updated release to this model for the upcoming Star Wars movie, "The Last Jedi". They said that there aren't any plans, but that they would relay my message to their Branding Department. The first edition of the R2D2 Fully Operational Droid was released in 2002, where the buyer had to assemble the two legs. Then, in 2007 another edition was released, Star Wars Interactive Astromech Droid which was completely assembled. The only changes that I saw between the two revisions, was an update to the Sonar Navigational System. In 2002 they used two metal screens, and in the 2007 model, they used clear plastic lens.

Should Hasbro come out with a third revision, I hope they concentrate on the voice recognition area. I really do not see an eight year old having the same patience level of an adult. But then again, how many adults have patience now a days. :-)
review imagereview imagereview image
3 people found this helpful
on March 6, 2017
was my birthday present for my kids what could be better
on January 12, 2017
Collectors item.
on November 10, 2016
nice
on October 19, 2016
very interactive, a great product for starwars fans
on October 1, 2016
Works for awhile, don't wast your money unless you plan to only look at it.