|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$30.00 - $104.95|
- 60% Cotton, 40% Polyester
- Machine Wash
- Chewbacca costume jacket in plush faux fur featuring zip-up front, diagonal sash applique, and adjustable drawstring hood
- Banded cuffs and hem
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B009E320AW
- Item model number: B0154MZ
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 2, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
I was a little hesitant to wear it out in the public at first, fearful of name calling and someone thinking it was made from real fur. But I dawned it and went to the premier of Captain America. People would stare at first and then realize what it was and a smile would burst across their face. Some people would try the wookie call and laugh, others would come up and want to touch it and look it over. It's a real conversation starter so if you're on the shy side, I would recommend leaving it at home.
Now about the actual coat. For what it is, it's actually rather light. But it gets warm and it gets warm fast. My love for Star Wars surpasses my living in Southern California, so I won't be wearing it around much, but every chance I get I will. I was expecting the bottom hem to be more form fitting but it just kind of hangs around. Maybe mine is just bunk, because the one in the photo looks pretty good. I also get a hair ball every time I wear the coat, but I don't mind.
That being said the other thing to consider is how many comments and Wookie growling (I've learned there are not very many people who do a good Wookie growl) you'll get walking around in what is essentially a "fur" coat. Luckily I work in a pretty nerdy industry so everyone at work loves it (and if they don't they're just haters). :P When out in public though, you're going to get looks, whether someone immediately recognizes the bandolier or not. You'll be hearing a lot of "nice hoodie" comments. The question is whether they're saying it legitimately because they "get it", or they're saying it sarcastically because they think you're just some guy in a fur coat. Haha. Either way, embrace your inner Wookie because this hoodie is awesome! :)
I am a large person: 6'3" 250lbs Heavy up top (barrel chested)
I was a little worried that it wouldn't fit because of all the reviews, so I'm
guessing they must have fixed the sizing issue.
It looks awesome!
X-large came and even this feels like it could be bigger. I think it may be the nature of the jacket, it has the restricting feel of a suit jacket because it is multiple layers. My brother got it for Christmas and literally wears it everywhere. He has been using it in lieu of a winter jacket; I cant see it being warm enough but he swears it is.
At first it does feel a bit awkward, because to people that don't get the reference or don't see the signature Chewie "shoulder strap", you're gonna look like a guy wearing a pageant faux fur coat.
But who cares, when you pimp yourself out with nerdilicious badness like this!
First of all, I did get mine from a different online retailer, where I get a lot of my nerdy clothes because they have a nice points system for rewards, but it's the same coat available here, and for a very similar price. I happened to get mine when it was on sale, and with a 30% off coupon... Yay! But I love this thing so much I would surely pay the $79.99 MSRP. Here is why:
1. Who doesn't love Chewbacca?? Exactly, everyone loves Chewie!
2. This thing is not cheap, but not really overpriced considering materials and quality. The fur is the perfect sorta gangly, semi-ratty, wookie hair looking stuff, without looking or feeling cheap. The construction is great. The embroidery and patchwork of the bandolier thingee is fantastic. The cuffs are soft and thick, but not super stretchy/tight. The entire interior - body, arms, hoodie and pockets - has a light jersey t-shirt fabric lining so it's pretty soft and not itchy from the faux fur backing anywhere. The hood is perfect, thick and has good and sturdy hoodie string. The pockets are decent-sized and on-seam.
3. It's super warm. Now that I am in the South West, this is about as warm as I will ever need to be, and might be a "winter-only" item excepting that I work at night and the desert is cool at night. This thing works out great for me even now in the spring. :-)
4. Officially licensed SW product - so not a knockoff item
5. Your nerdy friends will be jealous because... YOU HAVE A WOOKIE HOODIE!
Bottom line: I love it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this as a gift for a Star Wars fan friend and they absolutely loved it! The hoodie is very well made and so soft! It fits pretty true to size and is very comfortable. Read morePublished 1 month ago by S
Fun to wear while playing Star Wars with my soon to be 4 year old. He loves (even my non Star Wars fan "wife" digs it) and I do to. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Richard A Davis
Please with item. Delivery was as stated. Would buy from this seller again. A++++Published 4 months ago by KidsnTeachin
Absolutely love this hoodie!! It's so warm especially in this NY cold weather!!Published 5 months ago by Eric Willsey
You will be a never ending fluffy extravaganza to you and others around you It even blocks wind chills to keep you warm like a wookie should be it would also be cool for a wampa... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Comfortable and warm, but DO NOT get caught in the rain with it unless you like walking around, smelling like a wet dog...Published 5 months ago by Bryan H.
so awesome.. wear it all the time.. im 6-2 250lb and wear the 2xl perfectPublished 6 months ago by Jason Caughey
Great Hoodie, but it get in a size larger than you usually wear maybe even two sizes if you like a loose fitting. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Ruben Baeza Jr