The "Clone Wars" goes back to the original Star Wars film when Obi-Wan Kenobi tells Luke Skywalker that he was once a Jedi knight the same as your father and that they fought together in the Clone Wars. Since that moment fans have been obsessed with what the clone wars were. This new TV series takes place immediately after the events of Star Wars-Episode II: Attack of the Clones. The series follows Obi-Wan Kenobi and his apprentice Anakin Skywalker and introduces us to some new characters such as Ahsoka Tano a girl Jedi knight as well as characters we already know.]]>
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 1 [Blu-ray]
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
22 behind-the-scenes featurettes including director and crew interviews
Exclusive 68-page production journal with original sketches and artist notes
Sneak peek of season 2
Blu-ray exclusive: The Jedi Temple Archives: an extensive database of early test animation, concept art, and 3-D turnarounds
Top Customer Reviews
This is from the press release (which also notes the release date as 3 Nov.):
Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One is presented in widescreen with English, Spanish and French 5.1 DTS audio and English, French and Spanish subtitles.
Bonus features include:
* Seven Director's Cut Episodes: Rising Malevolence, Shadow of Malevolence, Lair of Grievous, Rookies, Storm Over Ryloth, Innocents of Ryloth and Liberty on Ryloth
* 22 Episodic Featurettes that go behind-the-scenes with Supervising Director Dave Filoni and crew about the making-of each episode
* Spectacular 64-page production journal that includes early sketches, artist notes, and concept art from each episode from Season One
* Blu-ray Exclusive -- The Jedi Temple Archives: An extensive database exploring test footage, early concept art, 3-D character and object turnarounds and early animation. The Archives is a rare look at the assets in various stages of creation for The Clone Wars, with a wealth of surprises and never-before seen moments sprinkled throughout.
UPDATE: Now I have the set and can add that the disks are Region Free (I play them on my European BD player) and are encased in a book cover with a 62-page book. The front flap holds disk 1 and the back flap holds disks 2 and 3. The book is 64 pages (including front and back cover) of amazing artwork and behind-the-scenes pictures, scans, script pages, info, background, character drafts, etc for the entire first season.Read more ›
Despite being a hard core fan, I refused to see a Star Wars cartoon in a movie theater. Rubbish! I declared. How can Star Wars be a blocky cartoon?
That was a mistake. When I finally got the movie on DVD, it was fantastic. When this show came out on Cartoon Network, finally, for the first time in YEARS I had a Sci Fi show that I actually looked forward to watching each week. Yes, its a cartoon. Yes, I would prefer a live action show or another movie, but I know that is later and never (respectively). Yes, it could be geared a little more toward adults (but then BattleStar Galactica was so much geared toward adults, that I couldn't watch it. Its softcore porn wrapped in a swearfest, served with torture and gore... oh goody. Lorne Greene is spinning in his grave...) but in the end, just about every episode of Clone Wars is memorable, with little to no filler.
Parts of it are recycled, some of the scenes are almost stolen right from the movies, but it works, it works, it works. And there is enough new material to overlook the recycled parts. I like the quips, I like the new Padawan and the action scenes are fantastic.
I don't give away 5 stars easily.Read more ›
Great series, great DVD boxed set. We love it. I've already got season 2 stashed away in the closet for Christmas.
I'm really enjoying the extras they go into a lot of detail and explain some really cool things. Also, some of the bad (jar jar and fart jokes). The best part of the special features is getting to see clips from the films in 1080i for the first time. I Cannot wait for that blu-ray boxset! The Jedi Archives special features are really enjoyable too but for the concept art you can't select things to zoom on which stinks if you have a small tv. Even on my 42" some things are still too tiny to see as big as I would like.
The box everything comes in is top quality too. It's kind of like the whole thing is a book you open it up there's production notes and concept art in a booklet attached to the case. Disk 1 is on the front and the back has Disks 2 and 3 stacked on each other (like many boxsets do these days).
Overall it's a fantastic set that does exactly what it should. I wish there was a full commentary for the episodes but getting a 7min featurette per 20 minute is a good replacement. Also, i wish there were full behind the scenes features not just ones for specific episodes. But they have all of that on the Clone Wars movie set so it's understandable. Hopefully the Season Two set includes those kinds of things.
- PS: my first set came with Disk 1 and 2 copies of Disk 2. But Amazon sent me the replacement and i got it within 24 hours so no harm done.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My favorite season besides the 4th. Excellent storylines. This is the real Star Wars at it best when Lucas was still involved. The series could have ended after season 5. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Rachel
My kids love this series, and I enjoy it too. It is a little mature as far as theme but I am comfortable with my 7 year old watching it.Published 1 month ago by Eric Martin
The Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems are at war. From one end of the galaxy to another, vast armies of clones (fighting for the Republic) and battle... Read morePublished 2 months ago by A. Whitehead
well this was actualy a replacement i have thee original but it got scrached up so badly i could hardly play it with out it skipping.Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customersonya m.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > TV
- Movies & TV > Cult Movies > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Adventure
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Star Wars
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Drama
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Television
- Movies & TV > TV