Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

After getting the first season I knew right away that the second season had to be collected too, and for the great price it's going for right now a real deal. I've been a fan of George Lucas's films and shows for a longtime and now we get to see the years when Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi fight in the heroic struggle that threatens to destroy the republic which they as well as the jedi order are trying to protect. The CGI animation is again well done the only thing I found a little idiotic was some people complaining that they couldn't get the people who did the CGI animation for the knights of the old republic game, but when you think of the cost of those short game trailers to the budget the producers are allowed we have to be realistic here. The stories for the series are very entertaining as well as the vast array of old and new characters you'll get to see with this series, and the voice cast have done a terrific job in their character roles so kudos to that as well. So until the third season comes out for us on dvd we can at least enjoy these two season sets in comfort...
Clone Wars may be the closest Star Wars has come to its original inspiration. Like the movie serials that inspired it, each episode stands alone but is also part of a larger arc. After a mediocre start with the Clone Wars movie the series got much better and with this season rises to new heights.

We get several multipart story arcs, including one the focuses on the Mandalorian commandos, a group I've wanted to see more of since Boba Fett debuted in 1980! Some episodes are tributes to classic films including a great Godzilla vs Star Wars 2 parter. You can't take these too seriously, they are aimed at younger audiences but they have mature moments, at one point a group of evil bounty hunters not only kill a hostage, we see his dead body drifting outside the ship.

The box set includes a book of concept art, a nice goody for those of us who remember the old Star Wars art books.

There are fewer commentaries and background features then last time but there's still enough to keep me very happy.
on April 20, 2011
There have been many analyzes already about plot lines of the series, so I won't waste your time. I have season one on standard dvd, and season two on Blu-ray. The difference I believe is dramatic. These toons I believe are best experienced on Blu-ray. I plan on replaciing my first season with the Blu-ray version. It is definitely worth your while.
Season 2 adds so much depth and scope to the Clone Wars, and the animation and writing improves too. Oh, just the get the whole series!
on April 17, 2012
After being disappointed with Star Wars: The Old Republic, I needed something to calm my nerd lust for Star Wars. I've been reading 2-3 books a month as it is and I just started reading books surrounding the Clone Wars saga. This is exactly what I was looking for. There are essentially three different types of episodes in the first two seasons. Padme/Jar Jar episodes, Anakin/Ashoka episodes, and Clone trooper episodes. The Anakin episodes do more justice to the character than the prequels ever did. Ahsoka is annoying at times, more annoying than the series' take on Jar Jar (which isn't even close to as bad as the movies). The Clone trooper episodes are amazing, and make me feel like I'm watching a series based off of the game Republic Commandos. The Padme and Jar Jar episodes are clearly the worst of the three, but they are still enjoyable. Jar Jar is quirky and dumb, but not annoyingly so like in the prequels. Padme is smart, sexy, and diplomatic.

Any Star Wars fan should love to have this on their shelf.

It should be stated that there are actually two different versions of the Blu-ray release. There is one that includes a 68 page artbook with notes and sketches with a better case.
on September 4, 2011
This season was awesome as expected, Mandalorians, Second battle of Geonosis (with great cinematics), mind-controlling worms, murder, godzilla-inspired episodes, and the return of Boba Fett. I pretty much told what all the good parts were about. It was great, the only thing confusing about the series are the villain encounters. In Revenge of the Sith when Anakin and Obi-Wan encounter Count Dooku, Anakin says "My powers have doubled since we last met, Count." supposedly Annie means since they last met in "Attack of the Clones" which was before this series took place, now this doesn't make sense as we see throughout the series of the numerous times the paths of Anakin and Dooku cross. Also when Obi-Wan meets General grevious in Episode 3 grevious says "You fool, I have been trained in your jedi arts by Count Dooku" as if they are just meeting for the first time, and once again, we see that Obi Wan has fought Grevious several times in the last few seasons (and probably will in the future ones) so this may be confusing but it isn't that big of a deal. Can't wait to own season 3.
on June 28, 2017
it is a great addition to my star wars collection
on December 15, 2011
Adding ILM effects artist Joel Aron was a great move by the lucasfilm animation team. The overall atmosphere and pedigree of the clone wars' look just took a huge jump!!!!! Its really cool how they can make this show so realistic and fresh. And can I just say I FREAKING LOVE CAD BANE!!!! He is one of the most creative, sleazy and fantastic star wars villains created since palapatine. I also loved the boba fett story arc towards the end of the season. Overall the show gets darker and seedier, and I love it. The depth of this show just amazes me, week after week. And they put so many nods to the old trilogy, prequels, and EU that one can't help but be satisfied. They really do try to broaden the series in EVERY aspect. Overall, I was satisfied with the box and case, the concept book that comes with it is very cool. I still miss the commentaries though, even though this one has 4. I want all 22, please. Anyway, I continue to love this show and hopefully ahsoka's fate will be what everyone has been waiting for since her inception!!!!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The Clone War rages on and the Jedi find themselves and the clone troopers spread thin by the Separatists. With rising fatalities, bounty hunters begin to surface and cause problems for the Jedi, and a return to Geonosis exposes a darker evil.1: Angel cat: Angelcat book of beginning
on May 28, 2017