Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 238 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 369 reviews
I choose this rating because the movie is good. What I like about the movie is that in a galaxy far, far away... The Star Wars saga continues in this first-ever animated feature from Lucasfilm Animation! Featuring some of your favorite characters and a host of new ones, this is Star Wars like you've never seen it before. As the Clone Wars sweep through the galaxy, Anakin Skywalker and his new Padawan learner Ahsoka Tano plunge into a dangerous mission to rescue the kidnapped son of crime lord Jabba the Hutt. The renegade Count Dooku is determined to make sure that they fail, and with his deadly assassin Asajj Ventress in pursuit, this is a mission with grave consequences. Meanwhile, on the front lines, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Master Yoda lead the massive clone army in a valiant effort to defeat the droid army and resist the forces of the dark side. Lightsabers ready! A new era of adventure awaits! What I dislike about the movie is that I wanted to see more of it. I would recommend this movie to other people.
on September 15, 2017
I'm not sure if ALL the novels and comic books spawned by Star Wars are consistent with the six live action films written by George Lucas. I don't see how they ALL can be. I know there was a lot of vetting done by the Luca organization, but some questionable stuff must have crept in to all those novels/comics as financial decisions trumped Star Wars dogma. But it is my understanding that this animated Clone Wars movie an the animated Cartoon Network series that followed were closely watched over by George Lucas himself and, as such, deserve the attention of true Star Wars fans. They are supposed to chronicle what happened during the Clone Wars.
on January 18, 2015
After watching the 6 "Star Wars" movies over and over again, it was nice to find more to watch.

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars" happens between the 2nd and 3rd "Star Wars" movies. It starts with this movie. Then continues with the TV series with 5 seasons. A 6th season was never aired on TV, but is available on disc.

There were some negative reviews of this movie, that it was an afterthought. Maybe my expectations were low as a result, but my family thought it was great. It was necessary to set up the TV series, especially the main characters.
on July 16, 2016
I appreciate as a fan learning more about the Star Wars universe. I never realized there was so much back story. The animators and writers did a terrific job. The story was intriguing (better than I expected for an animated movie).
on March 18, 2017
My son loves Star Wars and I had to purchase this for him. I grew up watching these movies so it's nice to add to the collection.
on January 18, 2012
I had caught an episode or two of the Clone Wars on tv over the years and always told myself I would catch the whole thing if I could. Well I read that this was the movie that kicked off the cartoon series and picked it up.

It came with a Clone Wars comic book in full color along with the movie. The book was shrink wrapped to the outside of the box. It is the same dimensions of the DVD case and as thick or a little thicker. Very well drawn and a neat story.

The movie was fun to watch. I saw every Star Wars movie in the theater from the beginning, yeah I am that old. I played with all the toys, and I even teared up a little when R2 hit the screen in the Phantom Menace and it had been 20 years since I had seen him on the large screen. But I don't know what planet wookies are from off the top of my head. I just like Star Wars but I don't know all the history.

I loved this movie and purchased Season 1 to follow up the movie. The movie has a lot of familar faces and some new ones that were really cool. Was really well drawn in a Samurai Jack style but not so outlandish, and the story was real smooth and fun to watch even for an old guy like me.

If you enjoy Star Wars and want a little Jedi action, get this movie and enjoy it. Looking forward to watching Season one this weekend and after that will purchase the other seasons most likely if they keep up like the movie did.
on April 5, 2014
Not to be confused with the star wars clone wars micro series (in which Bariss Offee became a Knight before Anakin Skywalker, clearly that wasn't cannon if she's still a padawan here), this movie that launches the six seasons of episodes introduces Ahsuka Tano as Anakin Skywalker's padawan! Together they search for Jabba the Hutt's kidnapped son to allow republic access to hyperspace lanes! Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku sends his army as competition for the advantage the hyperspace lanes would give in the war!

Disney cancelled this show, leaving nothing good for Saturday morning cartoons! Not that it matters, for I no longer have cable! Hopefully Star Wars Rebels will be avalible on Netflix too!
on May 26, 2013
When watching this movie, keep in mind that 1) This movie is a a Kickoff to a series and as such is not meant to stand alone. 2) This series (at first) is meant for children and contains some simple child-humor but decreases in amount as "The Clone Wars" series progresses, it matures greatly and the stories grow immensely in depth. 3) The type of animation used for the series was not yet perfected when this movie was made (it was for the series) and at times the detail for the trained eye is lacking slightly, however this is not to say it is overly noticeable. This movie was very good for what it was set out to do. If you or your young geekling are going to watch the Clone Wars series than I recommend watching this movie. It is constant action and keeps your interest with no problem. DEFIANTLY WORTH GETTING for any Fanboy!
on February 6, 2016
This movie along with the series that followed are, in my opinion, the best thing about Star Wars series. I love the story of Anakin and the way the Clones shows him gives us so much more reason to be hurt and sadden by his turn. This is a wonderful movie for a Star Wars fan.
on March 2, 2017