Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 219 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 241 reviews
on January 29, 2013
At our house, this is a two-man (two-kid) operation. It's especially good if Grandpa is here -- he's very good at folding.

One kid pulls the pages out of the book and slowly reads the directions. The other kid folds and tapes and figures the thing out. Then they switch. There are enough papers in the book to make multiples of each flyer.

And oh, yes. They do fly.
review image
on February 14, 2015
My 9-year-old received this but his 12-year-old brother is equally enthusiastic about it. During the first two days they've had it, they've spent hours making the starfighters and flying them. The preprinted paper for the flyers is just the right weight and texture, and the designs are beautifully detailed. And they fly really well! An unexpected but added bonus: the book is much bigger than we expected; each of the six models has a couple of pages highlighting the model's pilot (Luke, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader, etc.) as well as the specs of the actual starfighter in the films, which made for entertaining reading. They even included a page of pre-cut tape pieces, making this a great travel item since it's all included. A lot of work and care went into the development of this book; this is the second Klutz kit we've bought and we're very impressed with the high quality and the sheer joy of creative fun which shines through the company's products.
on June 1, 2016
I stumbled upon this product while looking for something else and so glad that I did. I feel like it's a great price for how many sheets you get that turn into flyers. This would be great for a family with multiple kids or just a group of kids because there's several (5 I think?) of each flyer. They really do work...but they all fly differently. Definitely not your traditional paper airplane flyer! I know some of these reviews said that kids can create these themselves. I'd say it depends on the age and patience level of the child because you have to construct these "just so." Reminds me a bit a bit or origami (although it has lines and detailed instructions for how to assemble). Definitely doable for a crafty and/or patient adult who can follow written directions.
on April 17, 2017
We bought this for our 5 1/2 yr old son. He Loves all things star wars. The book and instructions are well done. There are multiple print outs of each plan. If you are a skilled folder, you can use regular paper w/o guidelines. While my 5 yr old really struggles to fold the plans, it's a fun activity for us to do together and he likes playing with them afterwards.
on January 13, 2014
It is really cool how well these mirror the actuals. And they fly too!

My six year old was so excited to get these and only needs a little help every now and then. The instructions and planes have color coding to assist with which fold gets folded when.
on April 11, 2017
Truly disappointed as the paper seem too thin to have any heft to fly.
Strangely, the instructions were printed on super thick paper with small illustrations. Origami is difficult as it is. Larger illustrations seemed obvious for complicated Star Wars.
Sent it back with a loss as not to disappoint grandson.
on February 23, 2016
My niece loves her paper airplane book she got for Christmas. She was OBBsessed already with Star Wars and now with this book she wanted to go back to the classics to understand the aircraft they used. It keeps her busy for hours because the challenge of some are great. The steps are easy enough for her to complete but complicated enough to change what the plane does (ex: one was made to loop where another was made to go farther)
on January 1, 2017
If you have a Star Wars fan who also loves paper airplanes, you MUST buy this book. It is a-maze-ing!! The planes really fly. It even has tips on what to adjust and how to hold each plane for the best flight.

My 6 yr old needs a bit of help with directions, but my 10 yr old nephew is able to do it all on his own.
review image
on February 13, 2014
my 6 year old son is engrossed for hrs making planes with it, which according to me is the real test for any such items. It comes with easy instructions. Arrived on time., have no issues with it.
on March 6, 2017
Easy to follow instructions. My nine-year old did them by himself, no problem. And we loved the printing on the paper to make them look detailed. The boys loved them!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.