Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 95 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 131 reviews
on October 15, 2011
The controls are great, the game is fun, it's easy to learn, and the graphics are on the high end of 'ok.' I just got the game yesterday and spent three hours playing last night. I couldn't seem to put it down. I would equate it to Starwars Battlefront 2 on the PS2 except that there's no shooting but instead you're playing the Jedi the entire time. You get to use the force in a variety of ways including opening doors, pounding things apart with blasts from your hands, using force lightning on enemies and machinery, mind tricking enemies into fighting each other, and using special force attacks with your light sabors such as throwing the sabors at enemies or other targets. You also get to pick enemies up with the force and throw them over the edge of the platforms out into the abyss.

Upsides:
- Controls are great.
- Lots of interesting things to play around with.
- Great storyline.
- Get to see different worlds/levels.
- On Medium play mode when you die you seem to have an infinite number of lives and pick up right where you left off.
- Auto save feature.
- Get to choose the colors and powers of your two light sabors as you pick up new crystals.
- Multiplayer modes!
- Sound effects/music are great
- Lots of movie scenes... feels like you are watching one of the movies, but playing it at the same time!

Downsides:
- Graphics just ok. Sometimes the character's facial expressions look a little funny.
- After a couple hours of gameplay the constant slicing people up with the sabor or killing them with the force gets a little tedious feeling. I would suggest playing the game in one hour increments, or 1 level at a time (about 30-40 minutes) and then coming back to play again later or the next day.
- No freedom in choosing your own destiny as in other Starwars games such as Knights of the Old Republic.
- I ordered the game thinking I would get to swing my wiimote around as the lightsabor, but that's not how it works in this one. You get to move your wiimote around in a variety of ways, but not for actual movement of the sabor.
- To really follow the storyline in this one you should pick up and play the first one. I didn't and so at times the people in this game seem confusing because I don't know who they are or where they came from, and the game assumes you already know these things.
- Occasionally you get to battle a big enemy (boss) but for the most part the gameplay cuts at that point and you watch a movie of him destroying robots, etc, with the help of you simply shaking the wiimote in whatever direction it asks you to. No real skill involved in defeating the big guys, although occasionally you do get to battle a monster or giant and have to figure out how to do it on your own, sort of like a puzzle and fighting all in one.

Overall rating is a 5. I like it a lot and I know my husband and our friends and I will have a lot of fun with it.

I got my copy here used for just a few dollars, so it's definitely a great buy for the price!
on August 21, 2011
I have been a Star Wars fan since the franchise began. I've played most of the Star Wars video games at one time or another. I also enjoyed the original Star Wars: Force Unleashed and replayed it many times. So when I learned there was a sequel in the works I was excited to see it. However, I wasn't willing to fork out $50 for the thing. When I saw it for sale on Amazon for under $20, I knew it was time for me to get it.

Boy am I glad that I waited.

Graphics: This game looks really good for a Wii title. Most of the game has good detail. The cut scenes are nice. Action is pretty smooth with very little lag or stutter.

Controls: This is where I became disappointed first. The controls are somewhat similar to Force Unleashed but light saber control is different. You no longer use the Wii-mote as you would if you actually were using a light saber. Basically attacking with sabers has degenerated into button mashing. Then there is navigation and scanning your environment. Again, button mashing. You have to use the +/- buttons to look left and right.

Game Play: The story is not bad. You are Star Killer again. Or are you? It appears that you have been cloned. Throughout the game you struggle with the dilemma of whether you are a clone or you are the original Star Killer. New to this game is a combination of open 3D style environment and side scrolling action. I was not impressed with the change (in limited situations) to side scrolling, jumping onto platforms and killing baddies. What is this? 1990?

Multiplayer: I almost forgot about multiplayer! This is another huge disappointment. The original game gave you a choice of dozens of characters. Many of which were not a part of the game at all. Famous characters such as Luke Skywalker, Qui Gon Jin, Obi Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu and more. This game give you 8 characters. Yes that's right. Eight... Three of which aren't even Jedi. Boba Fett, Terror Trooper and Proxy. At least with Proxy you can mimic other Jedi for a short period of time. The game play environments are pathetic. Graphically, they look good but are nothing more than a 2D platform environment. You leap from platform to platform to engage your enemy. Gone are the 3D environments of the first game that allow you to evade your enemy and use objects against them. The upside of Star Wars: Force Unleashed II multiplayer is the ability to have up to 4 players. That's... about... it...

Overall, I was not impressed with this game after really enjoying the first. If you really want to play this game, I recommend renting it for a few days of marathon game play or watching for it to show up in the bargain bin at your local big box store.
on December 1, 2014
Got this game to replace our old one that finally broke down. Now that we have a Wii, I decided to get it for the platform simply because it looks (& from what I've seen & read) like it was really made for the particular system.
on December 31, 2014
Compared to the first, this one just can't cut it. Very choppy and glitches badly not to mention that they totally changed up the game play. The lightning force is very small and limited, attacking and throwing the light sabers is completely awful. They must have been in a hurry to release this sequel and it shows. Not nearly as much fun as the first.
on August 29, 2011
when i got this i was expecting a really good game
FALT'S:
the graghics take some getting used to
and the game is to short
starkiller shouldn't die agen

QUALITY'S
the light saber combat is more fun than the first game
the storm troopers can be decapitated
force sight shows u where the halocrons r
it has a good story line
the force is easy to control

OVER-ALL
it is a good fun star wars game but it is soooooooo short
they need to make 3 nice and long but with the same stile
i would recomend this game to any one and every one
on September 13, 2011
A Wii system is there for general entertainment. not for extreme graphics.

The game is overall fun. but not as challenging as the first one. The commands are not very intuitive, and the story is quite short.
The game will be finished quickly, but you may play again in order to explore more or pick up some more artifacts.
The first game is more attractive. $40 at the time is too much for the game, but maybe for $20/used game. The other platform version looks better when it comes to the graphics but still falls short for the story and level of difficulty.
on June 20, 2016
My son, 9yrs old, played this game and completed it within the first day of receiving it. Later found out the copy he has is defective with a big glitch. Too late to return it. 😡
on December 24, 2013
Gave this game to my Grandkids and they love it. That's what matters, so it gets a high rating from me.
on March 6, 2015
This game is bit shorter than the first, but I found that the controls are more intuitive and it was a blast to play. Spoiler (kinda - not a plot spoiler) below!

spoiler: later in the game you get "force rage" and slow motion cut people in half. Fantastic.
on January 23, 2016
such fun gameplay and cheats. the story is both amazing at points, but cheesy as well. This keeps it true to the tone of a star wars movie from the point of the view of the dark side. An amazing game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.