BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 402 reviews(3 star). See all 6,687 reviews
on February 13, 2016
Movies are great. Love the six disc set, we will leave dvd's in car and blu ray in my home. We bought both trilogies. Be careful to check packaging when it arrives. Mine seems to have been an illegal copy, said "new". Check that the middle insert is there, mine skipped often and had camara icon in upper corner throughout movie.
on June 2, 2013
Well the picture and sound are fabulous which is expected for blu-ray but.... This needs to be the original movies!!! I'm a huge Star Wars fan so I had to get them cause I want them in my collection, I still love watching them. However i will repurchase them if they ever decide to give us fans the original movies without re-edits. It shouldn't be that hard to convert the original ones into blu-ray... Here's to hoping we get an original movie blu-ray set and that we won't have to wait much longer. Disney since theyre in charge of the franshise now need to hear the cries of fans!! George Lucas surely hasn't and that's sad!!
on December 30, 2015
The movies are great, of course, but each of the blue-ray disks had a bad spot about midway through each of the episodes. I was able to skip past it without losing any story line, but the quality should have been better. It's definitely not my blue-ray player, because I've not had any trouble with other blue-ray disks, only these. And ironically it was midway through each one and only at that one spot. Otherwise I would give this purchase a 5. Of course the movies get a 10!
on December 2, 2015
I, like many people, have been a fan of the "original" trilogy since I was a kid, 3 decades at this point. I bought this after reading a description that was a little misleading - ok, that might be a little harsh so I will say unclear. Like many words in the English language, original can mean more than one thing. Having said that, in this case I took the term "original" to mean the original theatrical releases of the trilogy - i.e., '77, '80, '83.

Being a cameraman/editor myself, I have developed a critically trained eye, and while watching the BlueRay version was really liking the overall quality of the skin tones and how the grain was reduced for clarity, but not eliminated. Something that young viewers today can appreciate. However, I was horrified at the CGI and how it was painfully obvious. I was so angry that I nearly threw by bowl of popcorn at the TV! After calming down, I decided to watch it on DVD. It was better, but I could still tell. If you don't think so then put in episode IV and go to the Cantina scene. Watch as Han Solo's neck STRETCHES to avoid Greedo shots. I watched it in slow motion and he looked like Mr. Fantastic!!!

I am not against CGI, in fact I am a little bit of a fan because it makes capturing films much safer. I have watched a DVD (but not the BlueRay) of Jurassic Park and I think it hold up well today. That's because it was filmed with the CGI in mind, not as someone coming back and forcing blurry your vision on everyone. I just don't think that what was done to these beloved films was right.

My final thought goes back to "original." The description should have been clearer. It should have said that these were not the original "theatrical" but the "special edition" or "remastered" films. By not being clear and thinking out the description well, it could be construed as deception in order to sell more copies to unsuspecting fan.
on July 15, 2015
The package was delivered in great, new condition. The discs all looked scratch free.
However, watching episode IV, almost half the movie skipped around and there was no sound. I just took it out of the case for the first time today and it has been very frustrating. I checked my dvd player with other movies and it works fine. I really hope V and VI are better than this
on July 30, 2014
Was told this was the ORIGINAL trilogy. Lucas has added the upgrades with the stupid extra Jabba scene with Han Solo which I hate. NOT the original and not happy to be mislead. I'm a purist. I'll keep it, but not what I was looking for. Give me the original any day. Also, won't be buying this series again, especially since the last three lacked anything I cared about. Jar Jar? No, No.
on October 6, 2015
I am not a collector. In fact I threw away two trilogy VHS boxed sets. One was a version where they had done a lot of improvements to the originals such as Hans' conversation with Jaba The Hut. QUESTION. Is the Blue Ray version in this set the latest updates and improvements in quality that is out there currently? Is there a set that cost less that has just this latest blue ray set without the older dvds in it at a better price? Thanks. I hope this will be my last purchase of the trilogy.
on February 2, 2016
Love the movies but not the packaging. Unlike the picture from an earlier reviewer-my set has 3 discs stacked on top of each other on each side. Also bought episodes I-III set and that packaging did have the accordion type holders. Pretty let down that this set came in junkier packaging.
on November 20, 2015
I like the movies, but these are the ones that Lucas "enhanced"
on January 11, 2016
This is the crapped up version that was remastered, not the original. This one includes mud smeared storm troopers, obvious cgi monsters that are unrealistic, as well as a cameo of dead Darth Vader and a long scene of cgi people dancing across the worlds, all completely unnecessary.