Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Star Wars the Rise and the Fall of Darth Vader Hardcover – 2007
|New from||Used from|
"Neverworld Wake" by Marisha Pessl
Read the absorbing new psychological suspense thriller from acclaimed New York Times bestselling author Marisha Pessl. Pre-order today
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It starts with Vader having a vision of himself on Vjun. It was awesome to read of that planet again, since I think it's only been in comics and novels. It's just before ROTJ and he sees him and Luke vs. the Emperor.
It segues into young Anakin with Shmi, both of whom I didn't realize until now (which is weird considering Anakin says it in TPM) weren't from Tatooine.
- We learn of Shmi's past and a lot more of Anakin's. But sometimes times change too fast.
- I was highly irritated that Anakin telling Padme he'd marry her was NOT included, despite the fact that many scenes were taken from the novels and not solely from the movies.
- I do like that, despite Anakin's frustrations with Obi-Wan, he loves him and truly considers him a father.
- We see the different times he lets anger take over.
- It's interesting that he has less trust in the Force after Geonosis. I think that's highly telling of who Anakin becomes. And then, after he gets his cybernetics, he realizes just how strong the Force is in comparison to technology.
- I cringed when learning he felt everything when receiving the cybernetics.
- we do learn more of the Purge which might be the only original piece of information.
- Some great "Legends" shout-outs: Noghri, Falleen, Shira Brie, the Kaiburr Crystal, and Prince Xizor. These were pretty much the redeeming qualities from a one-star rating.
Most recent customer reviews
im a huge star wars fan and this is a great page turner and emotional book i actually got a tear at the end.Read more