Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Star Wars: A Scanimation Book: Iconic Scenes from a Galaxy Far, Far Away... Hardcover – May 12, 2010
|New from||Used from|
From timeless classics to new favorites, find children's books for every age and stage. See more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Rufus Butler Seder is an optical genius whose first significant invention was Lifetiles, glass-walled murals that appear to come to life when the viewer walks by. He’s installed them at the Smithsonian, SeaWorld, Union Station, and other museums, aquariums, train stations, and ocean liners around the world. Next came Scanimation, and his company EyeThink, Inc., a business that produces a line of toys and gifts using technologies he’s invented. Mr. Seder lives in Boston, Massachusetts.
Top customer reviews
It does need to be read with adult supervision. It will not last if left out for the little ones to "use" without a parent to help them move the pages.
Each book has exceptional illustrations in a format that allows the viewer to see captioned moving pictures with the turn of a page!
In this delightful book we learn of Luke Skywalker's adventures in Star Wars. Although I bought this for babies, it has become the 7 year old's favorite book recently and adults have commented on what a great keepsake it is, so I guess anyone would find something great about it. I think Rufus Butler Seder is a genius!
- Amazing design on how the animation works; pretty easy to be mesmerized by it.
- Even though it's not a board book, it's still sturdy enough to allow my 1 yo to play with it.
- Perfect stocking stuffer or companion gift. I bought many of these and like to include it with any Star Wars gift I give. I swear the parents love it more than the kids do.
- Due to the "magic" that has to occur, there really aren't that many pages and very little text.
- Slightly darker than other Scanimation books I have so you'll need more room light.
- Love it! Here's a test for you: put this on your coffee table and see how many people pick this up. Lots of entertainment value.
Bought it as a surprise for my 11 year old son, and all three of my kids enjoyed looking at it to figure out how it works.