Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on November 6, 2016
Make sure you are getting the version in the pic with this post. This has the original 1977,1980,1983 theatrical versions on the SECOND disc. Definitely worth the $80 I pain for it, I got it used but it was in incredible condition. Definitely worth seeing the original unedited versions of classic films.
review image
0Comment| 364 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 31, 2010
This is just an alert since there seems to be some confusion about a trilogy release with the original unaltered versions along with the special editions vs a trilogy set that only contains the special editions and no copies of the original unaltered versions.

The reviews for both sets are merged together... that is why you are seeing people claim that it has the original unaltered versions, and people complaining they do not. THIS set that I specifically clicked on to make this comment on is on the 2004 release which DOES NOT CONTAIN THE ORIGINAL UNALTERED VERSIONS. The box image is silver and has Darth Vader's mask on the box. This set ONLY contains the SE along with a 4th bonus disc of making of features and trailers and a sneak peak at episode III. If you want the trilogy set that contains both the SE and the unaltered versions but no bonus features, make sure when purchasing from Amazon, that the picture is a picture of Darth Vader and Luke clashing with light sabers and the box has a lot of blue coloring. It also says IV V VI along the bottom. Scroll down to DVD info and it should say release date: 2008. THAT is the version you are looking for.

If you place an order on the Trilogy with the Silver box with Darth Vaders mask on it, you are going to get the 2004 release of the trilogy and that's probably not the one you want... This review is going to appear on both sets though... So make sure before you buy, that you are on the correct trilogy page. Check the picture. Check the release date.

There are plenty of reviews of the actual product so I'm not going to go into that. Just wanted to clear up some confusion.

UPDATE 11-23-15
There are no longer copies available from retail that have the original cuts included anymore. They're out of print. There are no bluray editions and no current editions with the old cuts. You can still find the ones with the original cuts but be prepared to pay a hefty price.
5150+ comments| 9,639 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 9, 2015
If you're wondering why this is less expensive than other options out there. This comes in one case for all three movies. It has 6 discs - 3 blu-ray and 3 DVDs, but they are all in one case. Not an issue for me, but I was curious about the less expensive price.
review imagereview image
1111 comments| 855 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 13, 2018
Most of the new animation George Lucas added is horrible. Takes you out of the movie emotionally. I was like, "wow! why are there cartoon characters inserted here?" Kids probably won't even notice. So if you're showing your kids the original Star Wars for the first time, they will like this. As far as I am aware, you cannot buy the original movies unless you find used copies.
on January 12, 2018
There isn’t really much to say, all the movies played. They looked good, sounded good, but I’m no real film critic so even if something was off I wouldn’t know. I found it cheaper to by the 2 trilogy sets than to buy the whole collection for those that are interested.
on April 30, 2017
Another classic. Grand kids loved it, want to keep watching it every time they come over.
on March 15, 2017
Great movies. Arrived early, packed well. no complaints.
on February 27, 2015
Introduced my 6 and 11 year old kids to the trilogy over a long holiday weekend. The movies have held up remarkably well considering their age. What made it most fun for me was that I saw the original when I was 11 years old. I was so blown away by it, I stayed in the theatre and snuck in for a second showing. I still don't care for the later digital edits, but they didn't take away from the joy of sharing the movies with the family. Of course, the younger one didn't see the original release, so it didn't matter to them. My 15 year old son, however, is still indignant. ;-)
on November 25, 2013
Awesome, awesome movies. FYI, black cover with Darth Vader has the CGI enhancements/additions. I was a bit disappointed as I wanted the original version but it is what it is. If you want the original, DO NOT order the black with Darth and a light saber on the cover. I suggest contacting the seller prior to purchasing.
on July 15, 2015
The package was delivered in great, new condition. The discs all looked scratch free.
However, watching episode IV, almost half the movie skipped around and there was no sound. I just took it out of the case for the first time today and it has been very frustrating. I checked my dvd player with other movies and it works fine. I really hope V and VI are better than this