Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 653 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,075 reviews
on September 18, 2017
return of the jedi has always been my 2nd favorite star wars movie (behind empire strikes back)
and for years i suffered through the special edition of rotj as many have.
im not a special edition hater. my main problem was with that awful cgi mess with obnoxious music that replaced the lapti nek scene in jabbas palace.i never had a problem with anything else in the special edition though i didnt care for the plant thing in the sarlac pit either. the problem is that to me at least the special edition hasnt aged well. the changes stand out more and more as time passes. that said the most missed things will hayden christensen and the extra oola scene small price to pay to never hear jedi rocks again.
so on to the real movie. i have a widescreen copy here so i was seeing things i've never seen before. the picture quality was good. i want to say astounding but i might be pushing it. i noticed the rancor and space scenes looked better than i remembered them. i also think the audio is mixed perfectly loud and clear without being imblanced. (you know the type turn the tv up to hear dialogue then the next explosion sends you flying through the window) in closing id say its good to own this dvd and pick it up if you love star wars
on March 4, 2017
Great edition case. Basic Blu ray, only. No extra special features or DVD copy (which would be great so my kids could watch on Thier systems when they want). But for a collector, it's a must have. Can't say enough good things about the case, itself. The art is the best I've seen.
on October 12, 2016
Great Blu-ray and steel case, but the sound quality if watching on a computer is horrible. Sound effects over power the dialog, and the dialog is way too low. You'll have to crank it up to listen to the dialog, but when the music or sound effects hit you realize how high the volume really is. The sound works fine if watching with a home theater setup.
on April 6, 2017
These Steelbooks are absolutely stunning! I love them! It took me a long time to decide which Star Wars set to go with, and I have no regrets. Perfect for display!
on February 21, 2017
Specifically about this DVD release. Purchased in order to have the original theatrical cut of the film, which is great for posterity, and I truly dislike the rereleased versions with the added CGI and even alternate ending shots and song (Jedi). My disappointment is that they basically just scanned the old VCR versions for the bonus disc. No 5.1 Surround or restored image. Yes that's more the theatrical, but at least they could have use the remastered soundtrack for audio.
on September 28, 2016
I only bought this Limited Edition because it was advertised to contain both the original release and the extended digital release. It only contains the extended digital release.
on August 1, 2013
Everyone slams this, and let me start by saying, I haven't even watched the first disks. I bought these for the second disk, the 1970/80s versions of the movie.

Yes they are a coversion from laser disk, are they the hi-quality remasted digital picture that we are accustomed too today, no. They are still better than the old VHS version, and to me that is part of the Beauity of it. You get to see Star Wars for what it was. You get to seen a nice clean film with good sound, with an emphisis on plot and story as well as on speical effects. Let Lucas keep his remaster, re-touching, and redubbing, and give me this, its what the Star Wars of my memoires are.

To me that is part of the problem with the new thee installments, they look awsome, the plot was good, the writing was squishy. Too much reliance on state of the art sound and visual FX not enough time/money on dialogue.

So let lucas keep his "remastering" I'll take my laser disk recopy and my vintage feel. I've never met a kid didn't go "WOH" when they see Episode IV, V, & VI the first time. Nor anyone that said that movie would be great, if they replaced all the effects with modern cgi... see where I'm going
on August 29, 2011
This review is for the two-disc, Limited Edition, widescreen edition of Star Wars Episode VI. The set includes both the original and "enhanced" theatrical releases of this sci-fi classic. The enhanced theatrical version is on Disc #1 and original version is provided on Disc #2, the bonus disc. Both versions are presented in a letter-boxed format, which I prefer because the entire scene is preserved. The soundtrack and video quality on Disc #1 are first-rate. The aspect ratio displayed on my 65" TV is 2.35:1.

The "original" version on Disc #2 is a disappointment. The video quality is poor by comparison - the star images are blurry and the overall appearance is very grainy. I suspect that this was a video transfer, as opposed to a remastered edition. I measured the aspect ratio at 3:1, which I found unusual.

I am a diehard Star Wars fan. I bought this because I liked having both releases of the movie. Although the quality of the material on Disc #2 leaves a lot to be desired, the stuff on Disc #1 is outstanding.
on August 31, 2017
will not play in my dvd or blu ray player. said it cannot register. which means it is a foreign film.... disappointing.
on December 26, 2016
Awesome movie. A classic that will never die. One of the greatest stores ever told and the story continues to unfold year after year.

If you found this review helpful, please click the "Yes" below. Your vote is greatly appreciated.